bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is God's thinking process like?  (Read 6372 times)

Lacey23

What is God's thinking process like?
« on: July 07, 2007, 01:09:23 PM »

Can you guys help me find scriptures, in relation, to God's thinking process???  I want to apply it to myself. The reason why I'm asking you guys is because I'm tired of feeling angry, hurt, and disgusted after people, (so-called friends and people) discard me when they no longer need me for something, until the next time they need me.... I've heard and seen many things of God blessing those who reject him on earth with lavish life, children, etc and they don't really care about God.  I've enjoyed helping people, but am tired of how people make me feel afterwards, they disappear on me, or when my favours come up, they don't do it for me. I go out of my way for them many times, and when i need help, they don't' go out of their way for me. It hurts my feelings and I'm tired of feeling this way and feeling disgusted and has no idea how God does it.... How does He think of them that treat him like that? How  can he continue to love them, after they do it,  I forgive them thousands of times, but they do it every time and i just end up feeling the same... its like an endless cycle...I don't know how God does it... I want to learn how God thinks and sees and how he deals with it every time people treat him like that.. Please HELP!!!!!!!!

musicman

Re: What is God's thinking process like?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 02:18:27 PM »

My friends don't do this to me.  However, I have been deceived many times by those whome I thought were friends and were not (wolves in sheeps clothing?).  I say cut them off.  Forgive them, but cut them off as long as they continue to take unfair advantage of you.  God will make things right with those who reject him.  Their lavash lifestyles are blinding them to the truths of God.  Your "friends" are learning unrightous behavior by having their needs met, only to turn around and ignore the needs of you.  Time to get new friends unless they change their ways.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »

Hi Lacey,

Psalms speaks of your trials;

Psa 35:12  They rewarded me evil for good to the spoiling of my soul.

This is a difficult thing to experience but the Lord does address it here in Luke as well as many other places;

Luke Chapter 6

26Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Here is a little from Paul too;

Rom 12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

2Co 6:4  But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,

2Co 6:5  In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in watchings, in fastings;

2Co 6:6  By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,

His Peace to you Lacey,

Joe

Joey Porter

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 03:51:34 PM »

Can you guys help me find scriptures, in relation, to God's thinking process???  I want to apply it to myself. The reason why I'm asking you guys is because I'm tired of feeling angry, hurt, and disgusted after people, (so-called friends and people) discard me when they no longer need me for something, until the next time they need me.... I've heard and seen many things of God blessing those who reject him on earth with lavish life, children, etc and they don't really care about God.  I've enjoyed helping people, but am tired of how people make me feel afterwards, they disappear on me, or when my favours come up, they don't do it for me. I go out of my way for them many times, and when i need help, they don't' go out of their way for me. It hurts my feelings and I'm tired of feeling this way and feeling disgusted and has no idea how God does it.... How does He think of them that treat him like that? How  can he continue to love them, after they do it,  I forgive them thousands of times, but they do it every time and i just end up feeling the same... its like an endless cycle...I don't know how God does it... I want to learn how God thinks and sees and how he deals with it every time people treat him like that.. Please HELP!!!!!!!!

Interestingly, just minutes ago I was reading a portion of scripture that deals with this.

In Numbers 14, God had just told Moses that he was going to strike down the Israelites and destroy them with a plague because they had been grumbling against Him.

11 The LORD said to Moses, "How long will these people treat me with contempt? How long will they refuse to believe in me, in spite of all the miraculous signs I have performed among them? 12 I will strike them down with a plague and destroy them, but I will make you into a nation greater and stronger than they."

Then Moses interceded on their behalf, even though, just one verse earlier, we read that they wanted to stone him!

10 But the whole assembly talked about stoning them.

So here we see a case of Moses loving his enemies, defending their case to the Lord, in spite of the fact that their intention was to stone him - simply for speaking God's truth.  Not only that, but God has just told him that he will be made into a greater nation than the rest of them. This is a clear parallel to the story of Joseph and his brothers, in which Joseph received dreams showing him that he would be in a position of authority over his brothers.

However, just like Joseph, Moses also was forgiving toward those who had wronged him.

Now it is interesting to note that it seems that the primary reason that Moses wanted the Lord to relent of his wrath was not so much for the cause of the Israelites, but for the reason of the Lord's name being upheld to the rest of the world.

Numbers 14
13 Moses said to the LORD, "Then the Egyptians will hear about it! By your power you brought these people up from among them. 14 And they will tell the inhabitants of this land about it. They have already heard that you, O LORD, are with these people and that you, O LORD, have been seen face to face, that your cloud stays over them, and that you go before them in a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night. 15 If you put these people to death all at one time, the nations who have heard this report about you will say, 16 'The LORD was not able to bring these people into the land he promised them on oath; so he slaughtered them in the desert.'

17 "Now may the Lord's strength be displayed, just as you have declared: 18 'The LORD is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation.' 19 In accordance with your great love, forgive the sin of these people, just as you have pardoned them from the time they left Egypt until now."

This is quite amazing!   Here Moses typifies Christ, interceding not only on behalf of the Israelites, but also for the purpose of upholding the glory of God.  This is precisely what Christ does!

So, getting back to your original question - "I want to learn how God thinks and sees and how he deals with it every time people treat him like that"

Well, if we read a little further in Numbers 14, we gain some insight into this:

20 The LORD replied, "I have forgiven them, as you asked. 21 Nevertheless, as surely as I live and as surely as the glory of the LORD fills the whole earth, 22 not one of the men who saw my glory and the miraculous signs I performed in Egypt and in the desert but who disobeyed me and tested me ten times- 23 not one of them will ever see the land I promised on oath to their forefathers. No one who has treated me with contempt will ever see it.

Here we can see that God does forgive people, while still holding them accountable, and disciplining them, for their sins.  This is the same type of wording used in the parable of the wedding banquet:

Luke 14
24I tell you, not one of those men who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.'

I believe this shows us a bit of the mind of God on this matter. 

We are to love our enemies by interceding on their behalf, asking God to forgive them for their actions.  This is yet another example of how we are to walk as Christ walked.

However, just because they are forgiven, does not mean that they will not suffer for their actions. 

Galatians 6
7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature[a]will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal (eonian) life.

Chris R

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 08:49:21 AM »

Hi Lacey

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.   For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.  [Isa 55:8-9]

Gods thinking process, is beyond our own, We think like humans, because we are humans. Of course the typical reply will be about how we know the mind of the Lord, And how we in and of ourselves have it all figured out, And therefore set ourselves up to be gods. But I assure you..we havent a clue! "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling". [Phl 2-12]

Learn a lesson from possibly one of the greatest apostles to live, Paul said:

And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

1Cr 9:26  I therefore so run, not as uncertainly [aimlessly]; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

1Cr 9:27  But I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway
[/b] Paul had no clue What circumstances God would use to fullfill His purpose, and Neither do we. "This however is just temporary"

Peace

Chris R

YellowStone

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »

Hi Lacy,

I really can't add anymore to the wonderful wisdom and insight already given you, but I can share with you a Scripture that has become like a cornerstone of my faith in Him.

Pro 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  

I consider God as the Master Tactician and as Craig shared:  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.   For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.   [Isa 55:8-9]

So now I find that I view my life as not a game (series of events) that I must some how struggle with, mold to my liking and master. Sounds like everyday life right? But if one is not to live according to the all that one knows or understands, what else is there to do?

Let go, simply let go and Trust God with all your heart. Trust him and love him utterly and completely with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. (Mar 12:30)

This has proved such a revelation (by God) to me. Instead of trying to understand the "big picture" of my life, I can now see God playing my life in much the same way as a champion Chess player moves every piece with a goal in mind.

I believe that this is the key; not so much as why has God moved me here, but what is it that God wants me to learn, what lesson in humility, grace, love, peace kindness, etc

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

With this mindest, it is often not hard to discover just why God has put oneself in a certain situation. :)  However, sometimes, discovery does not come easy and this is when one must REMEMBER always, step one. :)

Pro 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  

All will be revealed in His time Lacy and I am sure that the meeker ones mindest the sooner God will reveal.

Just my thoughts, I guess I am rambling. :)

Love to you in Christ.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 11:58:16 AM »

Hello Lacey23

If you know the dog bites don't pat it!....Saying NO is not a crime or a sin! ;D

If you can get passed the guilt trip that follows saying NO then you're on your way to happier associations! ;D

Let your Yes be yes and your no be no.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Lacey23

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 05:28:12 PM »

THANK YOU ALLLL for all the scripture and new insights.....

This has given me a new mindset on the present suitiation..... Artructus said.... nothing wrong with saying no.....Its really hard to say no to someone who knows how to manipulate me... I have a tender heart that just melts at the words that scream for help or smooth talk... I have a thing for helping people and sadly, they take advantage of me. I just got frustrated after they make me feel as if im taken advantage of.  I just wished I really knew God's mind and how he deals with suitations such as this when it happens to him. In the old testament, He gets really furious at those who disobey him, take advantage of him, and etc.. then in the new testament, he teaches us to turn our cheeks when our brother(our enemy) hits us and teaches us to love our brothers ( enemies). I am just surprised at how much he changed his tone when dealing with people in the old testament and new testament. I just wanted to understand and deal with people the way God would deal with them..I know Jesus uses sarcasm to rebuke those who tries to correct him with their man-made doctrines but what about the other times when he dealed with people who treated him badly.. The only time i could think of is that Judas took advantage of Jesus's suitation and went to the priests, to collect his reward for turning Jesus in.. Jesus responded to the suitation with a kiss.... Would you do that when someone does that to you?? I guess i need to pray for the grace of God to be blessed on me, so that i can have the mind of God within me, so that the next time people try to take advantage of me, I would be of stronger mind. Its hard....

Can u guys share ur experiences with people such as these and how u guys dealt with it?

it'll be greatly appreciated??

Denise

hillsbororiver

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 05:48:19 PM »

Hi Lacey,

God has not changed, He has always been merciful, what we must remember is that the OT is speaking of spiritual Israel (elect) and His mercy toward them. They (we) deserve(d) destruction as much as the heathen nations (unconverted LOF bound humanity) but He is with them (us) all the way to the Promised Land (first resurrection).

The entire NT is a revelation of and about Jesus Christ, His example of mercy and His mission to save all mankind. This example though is primarily for the elect to prepare them for the mission of being with Christ to bring all those in the second resurrection to the Lord and ultimately to the Father. It is in the here and now we learn patience, longsuffering, godliness, brotherly love and charity. It is in the here and now we (elect) learn to love all mankind as we love ourselves and as we love our family and friends (or at least an empathetic love), we will need these qualities, these fruits of the Spirit if we are to judge men and angels in the next age.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Kat

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 07:26:49 PM »

Hi Lacey,

I've enjoyed helping people, but am tired of how people make me feel afterwards, they disappear on me, or when my favours come up, they don't do it for me. I go out of my way for them many times, and when i need help, they don't' go out of their way for me. It hurts my feelings and I'm tired of feeling this way and feeling disgusted

You are a kindhearted person, this is a very good character trait. You need to continue to help other people, as you say you enjoy doing so.  But I think your problem comes as you expect something in return.  When you have expectations of other people, to return a favour, to repay your kindness likewise in return, then you are setting yourself up for disappointment.  When you give with even the hope of getting something in return, it is not a free gift, there are strings attached.   
I say this to you so that you can understand that dissappointment comes from your having expectations.  We all enjoy being appreciated and we would want everybody to be just as considerate of our needs as we are of theirs.  But that is not the reality of this world.
So my advice to you is to continue to be a gracious giver.  If you don't expect anything in return you want be dissapointed if you don't get anything  ;)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 08:34:54 PM by Kat »

skydreamers

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 09:50:01 PM »

Hi Denise,

Kat gave you some very wise counsel.  I think what she has said is the key to how you deal with these situations.  God gives us everything, knowing that we will not and cannot give him everything (without his help).  Of course he fully understands our predicament and so he doesn't have the same kind of expectations as we humans have of each other.  If God has given you a giving heart, than yours is a special gift.  But as Kat has said, God's kind of giving doesn't come with strings.  In this world, most of us "hold back" until we can be sure we are going to "get back" something of what we've given up.  You sound like you give freely and naturally, but have trouble with the emotions that come when you don't "get back". 

I use to counsel people with severe eating disorders and most if not all of them, had this character trait of giving freely to the point of complete self-denial.  Not setting boundaries is, of course, only one of many problems that eating disorder sufferer have, but it is one of the MAIN ones.   We are not God, and so while we might "want" to give to whoever needs, as humans with needs of our own, setting up boundaries is essential to preserving your own unique identity.  This is going to be different for each person.  I believe if you cry out to God as to where your personal boundaries need to be, he will be faithful in showing you.  It is  God, afterall, giving you the ability to be a natural giver and He would not ask you to do more than you can bear. 

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
1 Corinthians 13:7

None of us fits the above...only God.  So don't be too hard on yourself in thinking you have to say yes to everyone.  Saying no to someone is sometimes the very thing that person needs to grow.  It is actually beneficial to some people to say no to them!  Otherwise you enable them to continue manipulating you and acting out ungodly characteristics.  God doesn't spoon feed us and coddle us like babies every step of the way....he disciplines, he challenges, he motivates us to seek HIM in all things...and often he does this by denying us the very things WE think we need.  While you may not always know what is best for someone else, there are times you may be able to discern that giving in and giving up would not be the best thing to do. 

It is more than possible to continue to be a cheerful giver, yet respect your own boundaries as well.  Each situation is different, and each person you give to is different.  But I believe if you keep all situations in prayer and follow the pulls of your heart and conscience, even if giving seems like the craziest thing to do at the time...you just never know how it might help that person somewhere down the line...and your reward is not here in this age, but in the age to come....this is why you can't focus on what you think you should "expect back" because you may not see it right now, in this life of the flesh.  Keep your  eyes fixed on what is spiritual and the blessings you will reap in the age to come and your heart will be at peace about it.   God will see you through. 

Much luv and respect to you,

Peace,
Diana 

GODSown1

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 10:08:42 PM »

Hey! Lacey,
               Ive learnt ova da yearz, Wen I giv sumfing 2 sum1 az in money, food etc.. DONT! xspect it back, Hav Faith! ma dear sister, as it is written Vengence is mine, GOD b wit U sister.
               muchLOVE!! Pera

Lacey23

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 10:59:45 AM »

yeah.. you guys are right... I need to remind myself that my reward is in the next age, not in this age, and whats better about it???  its far greater and better than what this age can offer. I tend to feel down after i do alot of things for people and i didn't ask for much in return, just a little bit to feel appreciated.. its hard... i always liked to keep people happy and becuase of this... if they're not happy. it affects me too.. if i don't help them, i feel guilty, but really... either way... i get hurt... I know God is trying to teach me something..due to this cycle repeating itself over and over... I think he's trying to teach me to better deal with people in the next age... when they're going to be refined by God. During that next age, They'll probably tell me alot of things like,  please let us through into the city... look at us.. we're unhappy... that alone would melt my heart and i would feel the great sense of urge to help them... but i need to let God teach me how to be firm and have God's Word speak for me when facing thru with this issue..I need to arm myself with scriptures when they attempt to take advantage of me.  I want to at the same time comfort them and help them in the right way, rather than enabling their same old behavior by helping them when it can be hurting their spiritual growth.

What do you guys think??? could this be the reason????

Denise ( Lacey)

YellowStone

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 11:56:26 AM »

Hi Lacy,

While I would never argue that the real reward will come in the next age, never discount the reward that giving unconditionally provides today.

Act 20:35  I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

The act of giving with no thought of reward is giving of oneself unconditionally and there is in this my dear sister, reward enough in itself.

If we look at giving with thought of return, is one not selling and expecting compensation for services rendered? Please know that I am not judging you or putting you down, for this is a bitter pill for many to swallow and I have had the taste of it my mouth more than once.

Is there any wonder why:

Luke 6:34 And if ye lend [to them] of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

But giving with a jouyous heart and no thought of gain provides reward enough:

Luk 6:38  Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. 

I hope this helps a little,

Love in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 11:58:16 AM by YellowStone »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 05:46:11 PM »

Hello Lacy

You say : but i need to let God teach me how to be firm and have God's Word speak for me when facing thru with this issue..I need to arm myself with scriptures when they attempt to take advantage of me.

Here is a link that perhaps will strengthen your integrity, wisdom and understanding that you do not have to be anyone's door mat! http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm and you can be more like Jesus who was no wimp either! :D ;D Another excellent one is the first teaching on the site...on how Jesus rebuked hypocrites and teachers of the law!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.