bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Herbert Armstrong  (Read 13481 times)

hillsbororiver

Herbert Armstrong
« on: July 07, 2007, 06:26:55 PM »

Dear Doug:  I will make a few COMMENTS in your email.........

Dear Ray:
                       I remember many like you who in the early 80's were praising Mr. Armstrong, now most of you have tails of the evil he may or may not have commited.  When you make statments like this.........

[Ray Replies]

Dear Diane:

I think I understand you correctly in that it was your experience IN the Worldwide and then coming OUT that caused you to see the importance of the Love of God, rather than that being something that you were actually taught IN the Church. Obviously, there would not have been so many atheists and nonbelievers being the result had the Church not been so corrupt.

I saw the corruption in the Church and I did something about it. Neither had I any misconceptions concerning my fate once I did this.  Stanley Rader instructed that I be fired.  The reason? "I knew too much."  I had already come to know about the secret sins of Herbert and Ted. People are shocked to learn that Herbert was far more immoral than Garner Ted who confided that he had conservatively had TWO HUNDRED other women while married to Shirley Hammer.  At the time I was good friends with Dr. Antion and his wife Molly (who was the sister to Shirley).  But even Dr . Antion couldn't save my position from the command of Stanley Rader to have me fired.

Maybe you recall the three featured stories on Sixty Minutes back in the late seventies.   It was I that Mike Wallace contacted on numerous occasions which led to the eventual demise of Armstrong's Kingdom. Little did I know at the time what God was working through all of that.  Maybe I will write about this chapter in my life sometime, for the benefit of the many who are beginning to come to our bible-truths.com site.

God be with you,

Ray

....and say maybe someday you will offer your proof.  Well all we can do is conclude you were lying then or you are LYING NOW!  It really doesn't matter which.

COMMENT:  And for this you have "PROOF" that I am lying? I don't think so.

King David sent his best General off to death so he could have his wife.  Did Mr. Armstrong Truly do anything remotely close to this?

COMMENT:  FAR WORSE!  More in line with the crimes suggested by Paul in I Cor. 5:1--"...such fornication as is not so much as NAMED among the Gentiles...."

I was there to recieve the messages in the 80's to hear the messages.  I still have all of my Plain Truth mags. and Books/Booklets, even a few sermon tapes.  I was a witness to a Spititual presence when I attended Sabbath services.  Do you deny that Spirit?  Mr. Armstrong said, "Don't follow me.  Follow Christ".  If you were there then you heard it too.  Now I am a witness to the spirit of bitterness comming from so many of you.  Now I cry for you.  I miss you all so much.

COMMENT:  I am far from being "bitter" over Mr. Armstrong or my Ambassador College experience. It has been a giant aid to what I am now doing, just being a Pharisee was a giant aid to Paul's latter ministry--it taught us what we are NOT TO BE LIKE!

I don't believe Mr. Armstrong said, "Follow CHRIST."  When I look back in retrospect, Mr. Armstrong avoided the Name of Jesus Christ like the plague. He spoke of God and the Father, but seldom did the name of Jesus Christ ever come across his lips.

It was stated in the Ambassador Handbook that Mr. Armstrong promoted honest scholarship, and to question things and not take them for granted. What a CROCK! Anyone who questioned ANYTHING was immediately dealt with. NO ONE ever was to question Armstrong's doctrine, and those who did found themselves on the outside, as Dr. Ernest Martin.

Regardless of what you think of Mr. Armstrong, you cannot destroy the message he delivered by destroying his character.   It is Christs message, and your rejecting it because you don't like Mr. Armstrong.  It is time for you all to be honest.  If you have a problem with doctrine then attack that.  Just remember Your righteousness, my righteousness, Mr. Armstrongs righteousness......Filthy Rags!

COMMENT:  Mr. Armstrong destroyed his OWN character; I assure you that I had absolutely nothing to do with bankrupt state of character, or that of His son, Garner Ted Armstrong. Why do you suppose that Mr. Armstrong would tolerate such blatant and widespread sexual immorality on the part of His son?  The reason was that Ted's sexual sins did not even come close to those of his dad. And trust me when I say, that I have no delight in reporting things.

We all have had sins of our past that were an embarrassment to us. If they were not an embarrassment, then it is not likely that we even repented of them. However, when one claims to be "God's one-and-only Apostle" on earth, while using the money from "devouring widows' houses" to pay for covering up one's own sins, then I do not have a problem in exposing such an one.  Hundreds of ex-worldwide members have found peace of mind through our teaching at bible-truths.com, I am sorry that you are not one of them.

God be with you,

Ray

I don't really expect to hear a reply and thats ok.  I only urge you to reexaming the spirit you are following.  I fear for us all.  Clearly Satan is far more clever than any of us thought.

I pray that God correct us all before it is to late.

Your friend:  Doug

Dean Peterman

Re: Herbert Armstrong
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 06:45:26 PM »

Wow!  I had no idea.  Thank you for warning me.  I will definitely steer clear of his teachings. 

seminole

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 06:47:01 PM »

Did most of the forum come out of that Armstrong movement? I don't know much of anything about it so I can't speak of it

YellowStone

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 07:40:07 PM »

I'm with you Nole,

I wouldn't know the man if I fell over him.

And the blind, well they shall continue to stumble, until God......... All in hi stime.

Darren

Sorin

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 08:34:04 PM »

Did most of the forum come out of that Armstrong movement? I don't know much of anything about it so I can't speak of it

No, I had no clue about the WWC of G until I came to this forum. Seriously. lol
I had no idea there were people out there preaching "Annihilation" instead of "Eternal Torture", which is infinitely more merciful than what I was taught in my parents' stupid Pentecostal church/religion. But, it is still wrong and unscriptural.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 08:35:40 PM by Sorin »

Robin

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 08:57:24 PM »

I watched him on TV several times when he was teaching on end time prophesy. It sparked some interest because it's the first time I had heard of it. I don't know anything else about him. God used him in my life just like he used Billy Graham and Katherine Kuhlman. It was all a  part of my search. When all else failed God started showing me the truth. The last words I spoke before God started opening my eyes and ears were "I've tried everything and it didn't work". I was instantly healed of 2 tons of emotional pain I carried most of my life. It was a miracle. The next thing I knew I was face to face with the beast within me. God didn't waste any time after that, lol. He turned up the heat.

The truth is taught on bible-truths.com. I worked really, really hard to seek and find truth before I found this site. Coming here has been like a feast! For the first time in my life I can say that I am full right now. There was a thread that asked what you would ask God if you could. I COULDN'T THINK OF A QUESTION! That is a miracle. I've been asking questions for 50 years.

I'm sure God needs to dig around and lead me to repentance in hidden areas of my life. I have much more to learn, and the fiery trials are still here, but I am full right now and I am thankful.

Psalm 23:
 5 You prepare a table before me
       in the presence of my enemies.
       You anoint my head with oil;
       my cup overflows.

Isaiah 49:9-11
 9 to say to the captives, 'Come out,'
       and to those in darkness, 'Be free!'
       "They will feed beside the roads
       and find pasture on every barren hill.

10 They will neither hunger nor thirst,
       nor will the desert heat or the sun beat upon them.
       He who has compassion on them will guide them
       and lead them beside springs of water.

11 I will turn all my mountains into roads,
       and my highways will be raised up.

Bill

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 09:50:45 PM »

I think that the majority here was never part of the "World Wide Church of God".  Ray was and so was Dennis (The web master).  I know that this movement is targeted from bible-truths.  There is certain lingo that someone uses that is from this movement and they use that in there search engines.  For example do a search in google for Herbert W Armstrong and you will see Bible-truths.com advertisement.

Beloved

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 10:10:45 PM »

BK ...I did the search and found Herbert and  biblical truth.com not bible truth.com.

I have only have a vague appreciation of their teachings and I really can't waste time on any man's teaching anymore. I am sure of one thing  ...that there isn't one "Holy" man out there in Babylon. There are thousands pretending to be.

If it's not sex ...then its greed, pride or whatever. They are all in God's hands in the meantime.

I am no longer interested reading or talking about the exploits of these people ....I really hate looking at other people's dirty laundry.  I am way too busy getting spots out of my own clothes.  Where did I put that darn bottle of "shout it out" ?

Beloved   ;D

jER

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 10:22:10 PM »

WINNING SOULS FOR JESUS - L. Ray Smith - bible-truths.com
Which is totally contrary to the horrible teachings of such men as John Hagee and Herbert W. Armstrong on this subject. Herbert Armstrong said: "Yes, ...
bible-truths.com/souls.htm - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

- jER

Click on – Similar pages and you get this:

L. Ray Smith - Exposing Those Who Contradict
Exposes false teachings of television preachers.
bible-truths.com/ - 66k - Cached - Similar pages

Click on – Cached and you find this:

"EXPOSING THOSE WHO CONTRADICT" by L. Ray Smith

FYI – if you happen to post on other forums that disagree with your perspective, they will still have your topic listed (perhaps as noted above) which draws others to the site, regardless of their heresies for which you were blocked, or band from speaking the Bible-truths. Hope this makes sense to you!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 10:49:41 PM by jER »

Bill

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 11:12:33 PM »

BK ...I did the search and found Herbert and  biblical truth.com not bible truth.com.
Hi Beloved,

Try this link, Bibletruths.com which was the first one on the right the first time I tried it but then was the third the next time.

You can also try these and you will see similar results:

Garner Ted Armstrong

ambassador report
international church of god
"Ambassador College"
"Worldwide Church of God"
ambassador report

Note: Just go to the google page but do not click on the advertisement.  It will just take you to www.biblle-truths.com.

musicman

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 02:06:04 AM »

No, I had no clue about the WWC of G until I came to this forum. Seriously. lol
I had no idea there were people out there preaching "Annihilation" instead of "Eternal Torture", which is infinitely more merciful than what I was taught in my parents' stupid Pentecostal church/religion. But, it is still wrong and unscriptural.

I remember watching Haggee preach on TBN and later that night, begging God to reveal the truth to me.  I wanted to believe that the unrighteous would be annihilated rather than tortured for all eternity.  Boy, what a revelation it was when I came to Ray's "Exposing those who contradict" articles.  This, by the way, happened about an hour after my pleading with God for the truth.  How selfish I must have been for wanting the majority of the world to be annihilated.  I had no idea that Christ was the Savior of the world.  Forgive me lord.

Brett

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 02:52:30 AM »

Hi,

I'm not sure what is all about. Is that something you guys know/met Diane from conference or something? If so, then maybe I understand what is all about. But if this is not, then wouldn't you mind to explain briefly of what is about?

I'm not always very good understand reading.  :-[

Brett

Sorin

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 03:48:41 AM »

Quote from: musicman
I remember watching Haggee preach on TBN and later that night, begging God to reveal the truth to me.  I wanted to believe that the unrighteous would be annihilated rather than tortured for all eternity.  Boy, what a revelation it was when I came to Ray's "Exposing those who contradict" articles.  This, by the way, happened about an hour after my pleading with God for the truth.  How selfish I must have been for wanting the majority of the world to be annihilated.  I had no idea that Christ was the Savior of the world.  Forgive me lord.

Don't be so hard on yourself, at least by wanting annihilation for the unrighteous instead of eternal torture you were being merciful unlike
those Christians like Hagee who love the idea of eternal torture. So I don't think you were being selfish, like me, you just didn't know, think, or believe that all could be saved because we were taught otherwise. We were deceived. And this all happened about an hour after pleading with God for the truth? That's awesome! Talk about an answered prayer, aye?  ;)

Me, I just was bothered by the whole "hell" thing, and since even after (supposedly) being born again, and after the so called sinners prayer I just couldn't stop sinning (maybe for a while, but then go back to sinning again) so I thought that I was headed there myself.
I thought that I had commited the "unforgivable sin" because I thought I had already been "enlightened"  and had "tasted of the heavenly gift" {Hbr 6:4-6}. I did a Google search on the word "hell" and up pops bible-truths.com. And I was just amazed at what I was reading.

I couldn't understand how Hagee and Kennedy could still believe in "hell" after those letters Ray wrote to them. But then (after reading more on Ray's site) I finally understood what Jesus meant by "those who have eyes.... those who have ears.."

-Sorin

DuluthGA

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 04:05:41 AM »

Thanks M.G., I relate to your sense of fullness from Ray's insights, in that the big questions were finally covered in a reliable and easily independently researchable way.  [Oh yes I still have little piddly questions about certain Scriptures, but no big deal.]

And Beloved... HOOT!!!

I had started reading the Restored Church of God's website and had done so for about a month and a half at the beginning of 2006.  [Bored in the dead of winter.]  This was all brand new to me and rather interesting.  One day when trying to go back to that site, I somehow wound up on BT, and I just don't know how it happened.  I will praise God for it the rest of my life!!!

Joyfully, Janice  :)

carol70

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 09:38:02 AM »

It is so amazing to hear of everyone's experience in being led to the truth.

My experience was a bit different, in that I don't have a very strong religious or church background.  I went to Sunday school and vacation bible school growing up, told my mom I was done with church at 17, prayed over the years and felt God was out there to grant wishes, like a giant invisible genie.  In my late 20s I realized something was wrong with my life but didn't know what.  Then I got married.  God said "Gotcha!" and locked the doors on my life.  He then proceeded to bombard me with one fiery trial after another. 

1 Peter 4
12  Beloved, do not be astonished at the fiery trial which is to try you, as though a strange thing happened to you,
13  but rejoice according as you are partakers of Christ's suffering, so that when His glory shall be revealed, you may be glad also with exceeding joy.

It was EXACTLY like that.  That's how it happened.  It got to the point where I would look around at other people's lives and wondered what the heck I did to deserve all that I was going through.  Through each trial, God dragged me closer and closer to him.  I started asking questions, decided to "find my faith", joined a church, started reading the bible, and began listening to sermons from anyone and everyone I could find.  But it got to the point where I started to realize that there was something I was missing, something unknown to me.  Finally I cried out, "Ok God, what is it that I'm missing???  What are you trying to tell me?" ???  Within a few days he led me to bible-truths.com. :)

Dean Peterman

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 10:08:15 AM »

Dear Brett,

I am responsible for this one.  I found a website with an article written by this guy Armstrong.  I thought he had some good insights on a question I had so I mentioned this in a post.  At that time I really didn't know much about him.  I thought no one else did either.  I think the web master wanted me and everyone else to be aware of some of the problems with Mr. Armstrong.  I'm glad I was warned and informed about Mr. Armstrongs character.  I don't want to read material by anyone that has so many problems controlling their own behavior.  Although Mr. Armstrongs teachings are very similar to Ray's I would never trust Mr. Armstrong but I do trust Ray.  To me living the life is the most important thing. 

I have to admit that I was disappointed to find out that Mr. Armstrong had these problems.  I wish I knew how someone can have so much truth but yet not live up to the very things they are teaching.  The heart is so deceitful. How can someone have such deep insights and live so badly.  I just don't get it.    I can see why Ray left that church. 

Sorry to have even brought all of this up in the first place.  Although I was probably helped more than anyone else by the information posted by the webmaster on Mr. Armstrong.   

Sincerely,

Dean   

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 10:39:09 AM »

MG you say you came to the point where you said to God : "I've tried everything and it didn't work".

I too came to that point but I said : God. I give up. If you don't show up then the next step I take is over into the Abyss of believing you don't exist! In my thoughts a frame of words arose to say to me "By what you choose so you are known"...I thought that was just my mind playing tricks on me. I thought, knowing already how cruel my mind can be towards me...next I saw a line up in my minds eye of THOUSANDS of people. From my vantage point I could only see their heads and there was a grey shadow that made them appear all the same. They were on their way to meet Christ. I could not see Christ but knew what the crowds were moving towards. Who did I believe from all my studies of worldly minds trying to present Gods wisdom and sacred secrets! :D..How could I explain that I had left Christ?  I couldn't! I cried and knew the chastisement of repentance then and there. Not born again in some sleazy fleecy fuzzy feel good feeling!

I was then for three years, to join a sleazy fleecy fuzzy feel good Pentecostal Church that booted me out after three years!

God has been so patient, kind, and good to me! I was new to Bible-Truths. I reported my agony in a Forum Thread. I have not been back and have moved away, separated from their counterfeit love and genuine hypocrisy! I am so grateful to Jesus and this site!

Carol....unlike you...I did not realise anything was wrong!....I did cry when I was in the Catholic Church on the Podium next to the Priest though....My spirit knew why but I was clueless! :D My stint in ten years of clinical depression I believe was the consequence of the religious efforts of deceit and deception to bury me alive! By Gods grace and mercy my depression is far behind me and I am now out of Mystery Babylon that whore of death, prostitute of deception and peddler of false promises and broken lives.

Eph 6 : 12 For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood, contending only with physical opponents, but against the despotisms, against the powers, against the master spirits who are the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly sphere.

I know small part of this battle ground and whether it is the World Wide Church, Catholicism or Pentecostal, or any other form of Christian religious spirit....Satan has his Throne right there! I am glad I am no longer on Satans turf. ;D

Dean you say : Although Mr. Armstrongs teachings are very similar to Ray's The Tare LOOKS like the Wheat but it is not the wheat! :D :D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Brett

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 04:04:51 PM »

Dear Brett,

I am responsible for this one.  I found a website with an article written by this guy Armstrong.  I thought he had some good insights on a question I had so I mentioned this in a post.  At that time I really didn't know much about him.  I thought no one else did either.  I think the web master wanted me and everyone else to be aware of some of the problems with Mr. Armstrong.  I'm glad I was warned and informed about Mr. Armstrongs character.  I don't want to read material by anyone that has so many problems controlling their own behavior.  Although Mr. Armstrongs teachings are very similar to Ray's I would never trust Mr. Armstrong but I do trust Ray.  To me living the life is the most important thing. 

I have to admit that I was disappointed to find out that Mr. Armstrong had these problems.  I wish I knew how someone can have so much truth but yet not live up to the very things they are teaching.  The heart is so deceitful. How can someone have such deep insights and live so badly.  I just don't get it.    I can see why Ray left that church. 

Sorry to have even brought all of this up in the first place.  Although I was probably helped more than anyone else by the information posted by the webmaster on Mr. Armstrong.   

Sincerely,

Dean

Thank you, Dean. No big deal. I understand you. ;)

Brett :D

Robin

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 05:42:12 PM »

When I was searching for others I would listen to everything on TV and the radio to see if I could find someone else. I would hear something and say it sounds like they know. I would drive over and find out that they were also teaching lies. The more we learn the truth the more we are separated from everything else and not easily deceived by the cunning and craftiness of men. I was lonely and I searched very hard and found no one until I found Ray and the members of this forum. If I had seen just one thing that wasn't truth I would have run from this place. I actually tried because I was so cautious. I couldn't find anything. There were some stumbling blocks I had that kept me from accepting everything immediately, but Ray is so thorough that he answered every question I had in his papers. 

Ephesians 4:13-15
13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

14Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 05:50:12 PM »

Bless you M.G. I always look forward to hearing your take on a given matter,

His Peace to you Sister,

Joe
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.