bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Herbert Armstrong  (Read 13215 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Herbert Armstrong
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 05:56:09 PM »

MG

I will second that Joe! :)

Thank you for the scriptures. ;D I could not see the lies from the truth at first because the truth was NOWHERE in sight for me! I was totally in the DARK!

You observed : The more we learn the truth the more we are separated from everything else and not easily deceived by the cunning and craftiness of men.

I see that this too applies to our Teacher Ray Smith. Eventually we have to ask...who wants to be united to deception, counterfeit love and illusions of worthiness! :D I believe we go from quantity to quality in this process of separation! We become weaned off of the attachments to fake fellowship that is the hallmark of Mystery Babylon....fake fellowship....!

It is refreshing to have the truth spoken to our broken hearts that are healed with the Presence, Love and Mercy of Jesus Christ here in BT.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

okjohnson

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 12:24:45 PM »

I was a member of the Armstrong WWCG during the last 4 years of his life and on into the reign of Tkach senior and part of Tkach junior .

I was drawn to Armstrong's teachings by the revelation that there was no eternal hell fire. I had been sent to sunday school and church as a child, and always hated the hell fire and rapture doctrine. Especially the teaching in Sunday school when they used paper dolls for the rapture showing two children in bed and one being taken (raptured away). I hardly felt that it was fair that I should be raptured away and my brother and sister had to stay behind. I thought I was the good guy (is this vanity or pride ?). Anyway it was diffucult to accept a loving God that would torture them forever. I could hardly stand the teaching, and was very quick to exit the halls of the church when I became old enough to say "NO more of this.".

I did try Orthodox Christanity again prior to finding Armstrong , but still did not like the teachings, and could not stomach the false smiles , and fake be good to everyone works.

So, when someone with tough rhetoric , claiming eternal hell fire was baloney came along, I was quick to jump on that ship.
During my tenure with the WWCG, I was very proud of my ability to pay three tithes, even though it left me quite poor, and no closer to God's heart(although I thought I was on the way to the pearly gates). When Tkach took over the WWCG, some things became readily apparent such as we were not under the law. However, as time went on the WWCG moved rapidly in the direction of Orhodox Christanity under Tkach senior and junior. Especially under junior , when the trinity doctrine began to be taught , and hell fire returned. I figured it was time to get out at that time.

I was not aware of the things that Herbert Armstrong and his son did, because it did not filter down to the group I attended Sabbath services with. But, since leaving WWCG ,I have run across this website (http://www.hwarmstrong.com) , which seems to have a good understanding  WWCG under HW Armstrong's tenure. WWCG used to put out a free magazine called "The Plain Truth". This website presents "The Painful Truth" . I do not know who maintains the website, but they appear to be once WWCG members and or graduates of Ambassador College (a college supported by WWCG), who were angry with the what went on there.

God has dragged me through some strange places, and I am somewhat skeptical of most teachers, and even my own thoughts .

Orlando

Dean Peterman

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 11:41:37 PM »

Dear Orlando,

I enjoyed reading your post.  It is amazing how someone like Armstrong could have so much truth and yet fall into such serious sin.  It has always been my personal conviction that how we live is more important than what we believe.  Of course, our beliefs do effect our behavior but we can know a lot of truth and still be unwilling to live it. 

I had no idea Ray was responsibile for exposing Mr. Armstrong's hypocrisy.  It must have been very difficult for him.  To put trust in a teacher and then discover that the teacher is a fraud.  That must have hurt Ray.  I pray God has helped him get past all of this.  I know what it feels like to be disappointed by someone we care about.

Sincerely,

Dean

DuluthGA

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 12:51:14 AM »

I've really been enjoying this thread!

Ha! to Carol.  Is your 'transfer' here any more mysterious than mine?  Both are really something!

M.G. I feel the same way regarding:  I was lonely and I searched very hard and found no one until I found Ray and the members of this forum. (Although I hadn't noticed this forum for a year and a half of getting Ray's stuff under my belt.)  But I'm here now!  And is good!

Orlando, I just cracked up with your post, thank you.  I loved the part where you said to the effect that 'I am even skeptical of my own thoughts.'  DOUBLE HA!   

Here's a similar funny thought by M. Rood (a misguided messianic jew in my opinion) who wrote a book about the pagan/Christian connection:

"Everyone is responsible for living out the instructions of the Creator according to the dictates of his own conscience, according to the leading of the Spirit of the Holy One by His revealed Word.  I would like to assure you that you are not required to agree with me on everything... I seldom agree with myself on everything.'  [Emphasis his]  It's all a hoot nevertheless!  Thank you!

With joyfulness in my Father and Master Lord Jesus Christ, Janice

Kat

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 01:34:26 AM »

Hi Dean,

I don't think Ray is harboring any kind of hurt feelings over Armstrong or the time he spent in WW.  He worked for the college for a time after graduation and upon letting it be known that he disagreed with some of there teaching, he was out.  He was living close enough the Armstrong, while at Ambassador, that he knew about what was going on.  He saw Armstrong for what he was, power and authority hunger.  He required 3 tithes from the member and got rich.  I was a reg. member, but even I knew about his total extravagance lifestyle(he had his own jet, sound familiar).  
It was sometimes after Ray left, that he had the interview that lead to a main segment on 60 mins. He does not have any dislike for those he exposes, just for their heretical teachings.  He is on the frontlines of standing up for the truth, and does not have any problems exposing those that contradict.

This is just my understanding from what I know of Ray.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 01:39:23 AM by Kat »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.