bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Adam was not deceived.  (Read 12307 times)

Sorin

Adam was not deceived.
« on: July 07, 2007, 09:11:09 PM »

Since The Bible is "one giant parable" as Ray Smith says, and since all those things were written for our admonition; I feel that I should share something that has come to my mind recently about why Adam also took of the apple, and did eat.

Well since Adam was not deceived, why do you suppose he took a bite anyways? Well, Adam seemed pretty lonely before God brought him Eve, and so when he finally got Eve, I think it's fair to say that he loved Eve. So since Eve ate of the forbidden tree, he knew/thought that
Eve was going to die, and thus because he loved her so much, he figured, that he would rather die with her than be without her. In so doing, he chose Eve over God.

Now, this is the part that relates to me. There is this girl I really like, but she is Agnostic, not a believer in Christ. And I am just like Adam
in that I am willing to choose her over God.

Mat 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

I don't think Mat 10:37 applies only to father, mother, son, or daughter, but also, wife, husband, world, pleasures of the flesh, whatever.
Therefore I conclude, that I am unworthy of him.

Thoughts?

-Sorin

YellowStone

Re: Adam was not deceived.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 09:50:42 PM »

Sorin,

This is perhaps the deepest question I have heard asked on this forum. But here is a question for you.

Who here would stand up and say that they are worthy of God or of His love given them? Certainly NOT I. :(

You are in good or perhaps not good company brother.

I would like to add, that knowingly and willingly sinning even when knowing one shouldn't cannot be going against God, because who can? Therefore, how can one stand firm against anything, if it is NOT God's will for one to do so?

There is much to learn in this and I am struggling, yet I continue my quest to gain understanding, sinning all the while. Go figure...... :)

Great post Sorin!!

Love to you in Christ,

Darren
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 09:57:06 PM by YellowStone »

Sorin

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 11:05:15 PM »

Thanks for the kind words Darren. And you are right in that, who can stand firm against anything if it's not God's will that they do so.

Take care,

Sorin

Kat

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 11:16:28 PM »

Hi Sorin,

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." (Luke 12: 34)

It is true, if you want to be among the faithful, that this truth will be a top priority.  

I think you are saying you will not be happy unless you can have a wife and home, this is anormal desire for a young adult.

Do you think that this girl could not except what you bellieve, so you will not be free to live what you believe?  Because this girl is agnostic should not necessarily mean that you can not share a meaningful relationship.  This should become apparent in time.  
If you think that you must find someone who believes this truth to share your life with, I think you are making it near impossible to find someone.  But it wouldn't be to your best interest to try to build a relationship with someone who is totally against what you believe.

1 Cor 7:2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

So here Paul says it is better to marry than to live in sexual immorality.  
Just pray and live your life the best you can.  To want a wife and family is not going against God, there is a great deal God teaches us in this relationship.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

musicman

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 01:30:55 AM »

She's neither a churchian nor an atheist.  So what's the problem?

Sorin

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 02:47:00 AM »

She's neither a churchian nor an atheist.  So what's the problem?

Well, the problem is not with her, I'm fine with her being Agnostic....
Perhaps I spoke too soon...

DuluthGA

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 04:14:01 AM »

THANK YOU DARREN!!  Special appreciation for your post!

Janice

little rock

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 07:03:56 AM »

corn 6:14
"do not be be unequally yoked together with unbelievers.for what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness?and what communion has light with darkness?"
definition of an agnostic new english dictionary:'one who holds that we know nothing of things outside the material world.'
i know that Jesus is Lord, so do you ,so is your friend refuting your faith in Jesus?
galations 5:7-10
"you ran well.who hindered you from obeying the truth?this persuasion does not come from Him who calls you.a little leaven leavens the whole lump.i have confidence in you,in the Lord,that you will have no other mind,but he who troubles you shall bear his judgment,whoever he is."
stay strong brother.may our Lord guide you in spirit and truth.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 08:24:10 AM »

I just want to "tweak" some observations made to Sorin.

Of course the scripture..."do not be unequally yolked" would be the central theme of this discussion and is appropriate to bring forward.   :D Note however that this scripture points to unbelievers....not those who do not know or who have not received the revelations but those who have received them and have become apostates and reject and turn on the Lord God to hold onto man made traditions, laws, works of the law and other such things that heretics and haters of the word of God do.

Now I am not coming up for Sorin or his lady friend. I do not know them to do such a thing but I do know a little about the scriptures and this one where the scriptures say do not be unequally yoked, is correct and propper and of Gods mind and Word addressed towards us to caution and warn us to not agree or relate to or be in anyway aligned to and with UNBELIEVERS, LAWLESSNESS AND DARKNESS.  Those persons to whom it is noted that they are unbelievers, lawless and darkness are the group that is ANTI SCRIPTURAL haters of God and Gods words.

I do not know about Agnostics who may be in the group of being still lost, blind and un scriptural because their eyes are not yet opened to the truth. Much like we were!

Also consider the following : 1 Cor 7 : 14 ...the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband.... It does not say the heretical, blasphemous harlot wife....it says the UNBLEIEVING WIFE....

Sorin if your friend is not breaking you down, resisting and not submitting to your headship as is your proper place as leader and head of the woman....then I say...why are you not married yet? :-\  ;) I think that is the issue here and not Agnosticsim! ;D How long have you been dating?

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 08:31:10 AM by Arcturus »

Sorin

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 11:59:05 PM »

Thanks everyone for your responses. I should also mention that she knows nothing about what I believe, or what I don't believe. And I haven't mentioned anything to her about it because I am still uncertain myself {about my beliefs}. However, I do not know how she will react if I mentioned them to her.

Oblivion582

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 12:28:19 AM »

I'm sure she'd be more open to a universalist over a church fundie.

But, since you are considering choosing her over God (or however you want to say it) I guess quoting scriptures wouldn't help the matter very much. So I'll ask you this...if you two get married, what will the kids believe? Will they be taught the truth (Word of God), or agnosticism? Will you be comfortable teaching your kids about Jesus and then her disagreeing? It may be hard to find some common ground...but yeah those are my thoughts.

UncleBeau

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 02:48:22 PM »

Oblivion582 I think has somewhat of a point here, but thinking about what the kids will believe before they're even born is redundant. Don't worry about tomorrow until it gets here. Today has enough problems of its own  ;). I would think that even if she's NOT and unbeliever, that doesn't mean that your mindsets are not divided. I'm still fuzzy on what all Agnosticism involves, but would that make her not consider God in the equation of her life? My best friend's agnostic and I know that he will act rashly according to his circumstances when he should trust God. How much have you discussed with her about the way you want to live according to the Word of God? If you were to negotiate with her in those things, then I could see a concern; but if she's willing to follow a child of God, then I don't see why it wouldn't succeed. ;D

your friend,

-Beau

Sorin

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 07:00:42 PM »

It no longer matters. She said she will be a good friend, but nothing more.

seminole

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 07:37:33 PM »

Sorin, I really hope for you to find that soul-mate, more than just a friend person who can share you life. I am sorry for how it turned out for you.
Nole

Sorin

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 08:56:03 PM »

Thanks for the kind words, Nole.

Sorin

GODSown1

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 01:55:44 AM »

Well! Well!
             since Im a man d@ is not scared 2 speak his mind like others around :), dude GODS in Control, HE has a Plan 4 U. One fing d@ stood out 2 me on wot U said was, "U chose a gurl ova GOD" hmm... d@ in its self is sayn sumfing, I cant help but notice ur negativety in most of ur Threads & Posts, Dude abit of Advice U mite need 2 change ur attitude 2 life in general GOD Willn of coz, mayb whence Y! im am sayn it 2 U, U may hav neva been told dis b4, well der is always a first time. Forgive me tho if U r nufing like ur Threads & Posts portray U az I am truly sorry if sO. But! dude Plez dnt take dis da wrongway, But I feel I had been Willed 2 do so, az it is da 2nd time I hav started 2 write dis out, But only dis time Ive gone on with it, dude take heart frm wot i am sayn, az it aint a put down but! mere Advice!!, GODBLESS!, BlesSuP!, PeaceOut!
             muchLOVE!! Pera

Ps. I truly am sorry 4 ur situation, I Pray GOD reveals All 2 U more soona den later Y! fingz r how dey r muchBlesSnz!!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 02:04:49 AM by GODSown1 »

UncleBeau

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 10:47:32 AM »

I love the way you write; you make us work for it! ;D

seminole

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 11:47:39 AM »

The desire for another person to share our lives is so strong. It is hard when it doesn't work out. I have been there to the point that all the signs were there that this person wasn't for me. It didn't matter at that time what the Bible spoke about "Unequally yoked", I loved her! So much that I was willing to take second place to have her. Thank God, I got my senses back before it was too late. Sorin, I will be praying for God to send the person He has for you. Stand strong and allow yourself to heal up from this. it is worse than taking a hard tackle!
Nole

GODSown1

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2007, 07:34:55 PM »

Beau :D :D :D,
                  Seminole il b wit U in ur Prayers 2 Sorin, Keep strong in the LORD brother, much FAITH & PATIENCE is surely required, it is All GODS timing, GODBLESS!.
                   muchLOVE!! Pera

Sorin

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 01:58:12 AM »

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words, guys. And for giving a damn.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 17 queries.