bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adam was not deceived.  (Read 12096 times)

skydreamers

Re: Adam was not deceived.
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 03:37:15 AM »

Sorin, keep in mind, whatever mate you will find in your future, the chances that you will find someone who believes as you do likely will be minimal, even if they are a Christian.  For me it has always been important that respect for each other is a high priority.  If you have this respect, there will always be the freedom to speak of the things you believe.  If you ever need to hide what you believe from your partner in life, you are in deep trouble, in my opinion.  Personally I find it easier having a husband that has no ties to any religion.  He listens to what I have to say with interest, though at this point it doesn't make him move in one direction or another.  He doesn't agree, or disagree because he doesn't really know yet what to think.  But I know he loves me and respects me enough to come to me with questions and to see what I think.  I don't have to unconvince or convince him of anything, and he doesn't think I'm crazy or a heretic!  Of course, it would be awesome if he became a believer as well, but if that's not yet in God's plan, than I'm glad he's not some bible thumping Christian arguing with me about the existence of hell!

Here are some scriptures that have helped me....of course, they seem to be directed to those already married...but like I said, in this great big world it's probably slim pickins trying to find a "chosen one" from out of the few to be your mate....

1 Corinthians 7:14-17
14  For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
15  But if the unbelieving partner separates, let it be so. In such cases the brother or sister is not enslaved. God has called you to peace.
16  Wife, how do you know whether you will save your husband? Husband, how do you know whether you will save your wife?
17  Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him. This is my rule in all the churches.

Peace,
Diana-

Sorin

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 02:41:10 AM »

Hi Diana,

I'm not worried about finding a mate who 'shares my beliefs',  I'm worried whether I'll even find one at all.
Everything seems so hopeless now, and the future looks bleak. Even my faith in God is fading; slowly but surely.

-Sorin

UncleBeau

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 12:02:39 PM »

I would suggest that you stop looking if it's something you're going to dwell on. How can you lose faith in God because he's not giving you what you want? If you're not involved with anyone "right now", it's because God DOES NOT WANT you to be involved with anyone "right now". How can you lose faith in God over that? Is His purpose not better than yours?

On an encouraging note, whether or not you lose hope, God's plan is the best possible outcome for you and He won't fail in what he does...

your friend,

-Beau

Sorin

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 12:43:25 PM »

I would suggest that you stop looking if it's something you're going to dwell on.

So I should just throw in the towel? I think I should stop looking for a wife, and just play the field.
Since the girl I wanted to take for my wife, only wants to be friends. What's the point? I'm not
going to find the right person anyways. And I'm not turning celibate.

Quote from: UncleBeau
How can you lose faith in God because he's not giving you what you want?

That's not WHY I'm losing faith in God.

If you're not involved with anyone "right now", it's because God DOES NOT WANT you to be involved with anyone "right now". How can you lose faith in God over that? (scratched out irrelevant) Is His purpose not better than yours?

First point: Are you sure about that?

Second point: I don't think so.

On an encouraging note, whether or not you lose hope, God's plan is the best possible outcome for you and He won't fail in what he does... 

I no longer believe there is a "God's plan" for our lives. Sure it's a comforting thought; but it's an illusion.

-Sorin
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 12:47:49 PM by Sorin »

UncleBeau

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 12:58:47 PM »

I would suggest that you stop looking if it's something you're going to dwell on.

So I should just throw in the towel? I think I should stop looking for a wife, and just play the field.
Since the girl I wanted to take for my wife, only wants to be friends. What's the point? I'm not

Not looking for a wife does NOT mean "play the field" in any sense. Who IS the right person anyway? Could you pick her out of a crowd?

The last part I'm not even going to bother responding to.

If you're not involved with anyone "right now", it's because God DOES NOT WANT you to be involved with anyone "right now". How can you lose faith in God over that? (scratched out irrelevant) Is His purpose not better than yours?

ABSOLUTELY!

YOU SHOULD. You can't prove to me that God wants ANYTHING other than what's happening..

I no longer believe there is a "God's plan" for our lives. Sure it's a comforting thought; but it's an illusion.

Wow, I'm not touchin' that one. I understand your situation. I was in a VERY similar situation once, but you're speaking heresy brother.
Our very existance is God's plan.

-Sorin

seminole

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 01:22:38 PM »

Sorin, speak your mind. I would rather see honest questions than for everyone to go along with something to fit into a group. There is pain in you for what you are needing in your life. That's honesty and it is good to see!There is someone for you. I believe it.
Seminole

Ward

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2007, 06:47:05 PM »

-Sorin

Sorin:
I want to make you an offer... I will listen to anything you want to share. (Using PM's for privacy if you want to.)  I will share with you *any* help I have.  I care about you...

I'm not one to post here often, but I do visit and read most everything.  I have noticed recently that your posts seem to show that there is some kind of pain in your heart.  Actually, some of the comments you made in this particular message make some of the comments that you made in other posts make a little more sense. My sister is a member here, too.  She is somebody that you have conversed with via Bible-Truths forum in the past.  She noticed this, too.

I'd really like to help... I don't know that I can, but even though you will probably never set eyes on me during this age, I am your brother.  You matter to me.  My guess is that many of the members here feel the same way.

Please consider sharing... Privately is fine. 

\/\/ard

YellowStone

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2007, 07:30:54 PM »

Hey Sorin, I too am here for you okay.

UncleBeau, I am a little more cautious with my thoughts on what God 'Wants' and what God 'purposes.' Sure, you can make the connection, that if one wants a car, then one will purpose their intent to obtain one; however, this is not the same as the parent who out of love, punishes their children for acting out, not because they really "want" to, but as a a loving parent, they are purposed to do so.

I am sure you have done many things that you did not want to. Is God any different? Please DO NOT take this anyother way than I am presenting it. Does anything happen outside of Gods purpose or will? But deep down do you really believe that God 'wants' the sadistic things that happen around the world each day.

Sorin, you said: 'I no longer believe there is a "God's plan" for our lives. Sure it's a comforting thought; but it's an illusion.'

I believe I understand where you are coming from. We are not robots, mindless droids, puppets or on train tracks. We are anything but; I also believe that if anyone "trys" to live up to God standards cannot by definition, because how can one attempt to do what God has purposed. It is a ludicrous ideal.

We are told:
Act 15:10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear?  

Yet, we are also told:
Mat 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, [shall he] not much more [clothe] you, O ye of little faith?  

Sorin, my brother and friend; I implore you to trust God completely, listen to Him for you will hear / feel / know what He wants from you. There is not one here in this forum who has any idea of what God has planned for them in the next minute; it is not for us to know. As for finding the perfect person to marry, I believe happens very rarely. There are many marriages where the heart of one or both is leaning towards another. Do not give up my friend, hang in there. As for playing the field; if you do are you doing what God wants or what God purposes? Likewise if you do not, then are you doing what God wants or what God wills.

I will be the last person to condemn you Sorin for what ever choices you make, let go my friend and trust God with all you have. I am sure that doors will open for you than never existed before. I know they did for me.

Please PM me if you want to talk okay.

Love in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 07:31:58 PM by YellowStone »

seminole

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2007, 08:03:08 PM »

Hey Sorin, I went through a time when I literally shook my fist towards the heavens for something that had happened.I told God  I wouldn't talk to Him anymore and He could just leave me the  h*** alone! Time passed as I went through my trials and then I wanted God back in my life everyday. His love for me didn't leave but I did turn away. Because of the trials, it changed me. It made me more up front with no hiding of the person I am and it gave me a greater love for God and other people.
You are going to be all right. Keep it honest friend, it is so refreshing to see the heart without the arguments or discussions of right and wrong but the truth of humanity.
Seminole
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.