bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License to Sin  (Read 7031 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
License to Sin
« on: March 17, 2006, 03:43:38 PM »

Ray,

I see that you are repeatedly accused of giving people a "license to sin" by sharing your belief that God will eventually save all people.  Let me say that these people must be very righteous indeed if they can concern themselves with how others might conduct their lives after reading your articles.  Why must people fear an "eternal hell" to keep them from sinning?  Aren't the consequences we suffer in this life enough to inspire repentence?  What fool would give his life over to wickedness because he has learned from you that he will one day be reconciled with God?  If a person desires to live a sinful life, he/she certainly doesn't need your website to justify it.  The God you present, is an all-knowing, all-powerful, all-mighty God, with an iron grip on the masses.  A God worthy of love, praise, and worship.  I can imagine no person who truly believed what you have written here, who would then turn to the One who sent His son to die horribly for our sakes and say, "Whew!  Now that I know for sure Jesus will save me, I will joyfully go and live a detestable life!"  It is an absurd assertion on the part of some people, and I suspect many of them have a touch of the "prodigal son's older brother" syndrome.    

-Dawn
(anxiously awaiting Hell-part D)

rvhill

License to Sin
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 04:13:12 PM »

I think it is, because these people don't understand the value of grace. I have had this argument with my sister in law. She told me if there is no hell she should just go back to smoking pot. I use 3 arguments with people like this:

1.we come to Jesus as little children, and Jesus is our mentor. All children try to be as like their mentor as possible.
2. God the father is the only source of agape(love), and no one is good but The Father. The closer our faith bring us to Father God the more agape we have.
3.I have never said there is not a price to pay for not living a Godly life.

hillsbororiver

License to Sin
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 01:05:18 PM »

Quote from: bobbys43
Hello everyone and I have missed you all for the last couple of days!

When I read the truths of God that my heavenly Father showed me IT ONLY MADE ME WANT TO KNOW HIM MORE AND LIVE THIS LIFE IN & THROUGH CHRIST IN THE WAY HE WOULD BE PLEASED!PRAISE HIS WONDERFUL NAME FOR GIVING ME THE WORST SINNER ON THIS EARTH THE EYES TO SEE AND THE EARS TO HEAR!!!!

I too have been in discussion with my brother and someone else he goes to church with and when I do show them the truth in  God's word they cannot give me any answers to the questions I ask them! I have been accused of being brainwashed,defensive,yelling at them,reading drivil,etc...! God has blinded their eyes and I have told them that God is responsible for this blindness and for the dullness in their hearing and boy how angry they get!!

Thank you Lord God ,for I am so unworthy of all that you have done for me, for giving me the eyes to see and the ears to here!!

bob
Great post Bobby, it amazes me that people see God as a god who would say "love me or I'll fry your butt in an eternal hellhole, rather than love a God who wills all shall be reconciled to Him.

It also is amazing how folks will say "well, if He saves everyone let's keep on sinning" oh boy! Let us lie. steal, and rape to our hearts content, no, once we truly know Him and love Him our carnal desire to sin fades, we will fall, we will show our weaknesses but we won't take pleasure in it. When we are truly converted from flesh to spirit those desires begin to fade, I know this from experience.

Joe

Satch

talking to others
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 01:05:31 PM »

I am no one and nothing much but just a word of caution... When you are speaking to someone about your faith and beliefs it is better to do it in a loving manner. Human beings being what we are, if someone comes in a combative, loud, yelling manner we , following our human nature revert back to a protective mode. To compare it to the animal world, where we live we have coyotes. Normally they reside in the same general areas of the cattle and stock on the farms but when we hear the sound of a coyote yell, we automatically run with shotguns to the cattle pens to defend them. The cows also hear the scream of the coyotes and are gathered up in a huddle and watching nervously. They go into a protective mode.

I don't mean to offend by saying we are like animals but that is what I know best to compare to. My Pa always said to use a soft voice, think before you speak and treat others as you want them to treat you. He was a big, tall man who could truly take care of things physically but he used his words to gain respect and listening ears. As simplistic as this sounds, I try to just silently ask God if He wants me to speak and then I follow His leading in my spirit. That way , I remain calm and keep a moderate tone.

shibboleth

License to Sin
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 01:32:39 PM »

Let's say that people are right about people going back to their vomit after they know the truth about UR. Who are they really hurting? Themselves mostly, because the wages of sin is death. Go on the streets and see what drug and alcohol abuse does to a man or woman. Go to the streets and see what prostitution does to a woman or man. Go to priosion and see the man who raped, murdered, stole, wrote bad checks, etc. and tell him how wonderful sin is. I see sin as a foreign thing now. I have far to go to become like Jesus, but I have gone far in becoming who I am now.
I said this before, and I will say it again. For those of you who don't like UR, and believe God will burn and torture most of his creation, maybe you need to sin more so you can experience grace. Maybe you need to become a drunken fornicator who rapes and murders in order for god to get ahold of your heart and show you how wretched and blind and dirty you really are. If you are forgiven much, you love much.

shibboleth

License to Sin
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 10:18:46 AM »

Joe and Bobby are right on as far as exposing these false teachers. We are to earnestly contend for the truth. The greatest truth there is, is that Jesus and God had a plan to save the whole world and reconcile everyone to himself.
Jesus used soft answers for people who were somewhat confused or ignorant about truth, not hard hearted and hard headed people.
Maybe a firm answer will get these people to really think about how Pharasaic their thinking really is. How cruel and unlike God it is to believe He would torture and burn his own creation forever, just because they didn't say the sinners prayer, or other such nonsense.

hillsbororiver

License to Sin
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 11:00:15 AM »

Yes Bobby I know exactly where you are coming from and I know that you are a brother who truly cares about and has empathy for all mankind. As Shibboleth (Debra) stated when people come in here with beliefs that are different from ours but they have a humble spirit seeking Truth and wisdom they will be treated with kindness and respect. But when you have haughty, self rightous and arrogant "preachers" coming in and blasting us with "doctrines of devils" the very same things we have already distanced ourselves from then sometimes a "shout" is in order. Waking people up and/or getting their attention sometimes requires more than a whisper.

Joe

Satch

talking to people
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 09:33:56 AM »

Bobby, I truly didn't mean to offend by my post. Perhaps I spoke out of turn and I apologize. You must do as God leads you to. We all do . I have found in myself that the best way for me is to take a moment and think through a matter  as I have a temper and don't want to talk to someone in anger.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.