bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trials and tribulations happens to everyone. What does that mean ?  (Read 9476 times)

mrsnacks

Believer and unbeliever alike have trials and tribulations. And the elect of course face them both. Do the trials mean something different for both. For God does cause the rain to fall on the righteous and unrighteous.
And I am to understand from scripture that judgment is what the elect is going through right now. It comes in the form of trials right ? So what is really the difference behind if let's say one of the elect is suffering from having cancer or the unbeliever or called going through the suffering and sickness ?

seminole

Re: Trials and tribulations happens to everyone. What does that mean ?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 06:33:56 PM »

You are right. Trials and tribulations are suffered by everyone. I believe the difference may be in how we deal with them. This life might be considered "going through judgement" but it can also be a great place to be even with our trials and suffering. I don't know all about the elect and called  and what those terms really mean here at this forum. Maybe somebody who understands can help you.
Nole

josh

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 03:05:11 PM »

Mr. Snacks,

What you have said is true... not only does it rain on the just and the unjust alike, but it is God who sends/causes it.

Matthew 5:45
He [God] causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

And this is true since the very beginning, humanity has endured the same thing over and over.

Ecclesiastes 1:9-11
History merely repeats itself. It has all been done before. Nothing under the sun is truly new. Sometimes people say, “Here is something new!” But actually it is old; nothing is ever truly new. We don’t remember what happened in the past, and in future generations, no one will remember what we are doing now.

The difference lies in the result of the suffering... for the elect, suffering brings about faith & endurance so that they may be perfect and complete in the image of God.

James 1:2-8
Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.  For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.

But for those who are not called, chosen and faithful... they despise the discipline of the Lord and in turn cannot bear fruit, be perfect or complete.

Proverbs 1:7
Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge,
      but fools despise wisdom and discipline.

Thankfully, one day... the judgments of God will bring about the same result for all.

Isaiah 26:9
All night long I search for you;
      in the morning I earnestly seek for God.
   For only when you come to judge the earth
      will people learn what is right

Hope this helps.

God's Peace.
Josh

Falconn003

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 03:34:23 PM »

Josh

very good

SAME suffering different results, productions.

Rodger

skydreamers

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 05:15:33 PM »

Great post Josh!

mrsnacks

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 02:34:21 PM »

Thanks Josh. This just came up a few days ago. My wife shared with me that a few of her co workers were going through much pain and suffering. They were unbelievers that she works with and we got into a discussion about how hard life is for the unbeliever out there as well. And is God involved in the unbeliever's lives in which they face the same trials and sufferings we do. What can we say to those. I know the Godly perspective of trials in our lives as believers. But what can we say to the unbeliever. Let's say when it comes to physical pain and suffering. Jesus healed all who came to Him.

gmik

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 01:58:59 PM »

Your original Q of what is the difference in one who has cancer who is "saved", and an unbeliever.

Not much in the overall plan of God.  But in our individual personal life it is different.

To a believer there is always hope and comfort.  We know what the future holds and are not afraid of it.  We have trust that a faithful God controls all and we have the comfort of prayer and the scripture to get us through such things.

An unbeliever doesn't have any of that.  They have no hope- only wishful thinking. Fear of the unknown also.  Very little comfort.  Trusting only in the doctors.  Fate.  Nothing.

At the LOF judgement there is no difference between the two.
Unless you are the Elect, all others will be judged.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 04:28:29 PM »

Here are some of the teachings from Ray that may help conclude this quest for insight.

Excerpt's are from http://bible-truths.com/rapture.htm  Exposing the Secret Rapture Theory

ANSWER: We have already shown in Scripture that the great tribulation ends at our Lord’s advent, it does not begin.

The tribulations and trials that come upon the House of God Now who are called and the pains and sufferinngs that come upon the World  who is not called yet, end only at the Lord's advent. This is the Day of the Lord when He returns

At this point in our discussion, it will be helpful to define some words that are often interchanged as if they are virtually one and the same. It is important that we understand the meanings of important words that are wrongly applied by those who teach the rapture:

1. Affliction: Keyword Concordance, anguish, persecution, tribulation, trouble, ill treatment, suffering. Webster’s: affliction, any cause of pain or suffering.

AND

2.Tribulation: Keyword Concordance, affliction Webster’s: tribulation, great misery or distress

VERSUS

3.Wrath: Keyword Concordance, fury, indignation, vexation Webster’s: wrath, intense anger, rage, fury, vengeance

AND

4.Indignation: Keyword Concd., anger, vengeance, wrath Webster’s: Adj.-- indignation, expressing anger especially unjust or mean actions. Noun-- righteous anger.

Although there is somewhat of an overlap in defining these words, we can still get a clear picture as to how these words are used in the Scriptures. Notice that "affliction" and "tribulation" are nearly synonymous. Notice also, that "wrath" and "indignation" are nearly synonymous. "Affliction" can be defined as "tribulation," and "tribulation" can be defined as "affliction." Likewise, "wrath" can be defined as "indignation," and "indignation" can be defined as "wrath." But, the first two words, "affliction and tribulation" are not synonymous with the second two words, "wrath and indignation." There is a giant difference in their usage, and especially when used in a prophetic setting. I hope I haven’t lost anyone. Reread this a few times and you’ll get it.

"For God did not appoint us to INDIGNATION ..." (I Thes. 5:9).

It nowhere says that God has not appointed us to trials, troubles, pain, suffering, heartache, disappointment, disease, death, or hurricanes! In fact, Paul himself, tells us that we enter the Kingdom of God by going through a whole lot of these things (Acts 14:22).

I personally, presently, am going through trials, troubles, pain, suffering, heartache, disappointment, disease, and two very near death experiences in the past few years, not to mention hurricane Andrew. But, nonetheless, it is a great comfort to me to know that God has not appointed me to His indignation. Believers are chastised by a wise Father out of LOVE, the nations will be punished by an angry God out of VENGEANCE. Can we not see the difference? (Actually God’s "anger and vengeance" is also out of love, but the nations will certainly not initially perceive it as such).

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.