bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fire?  (Read 5445 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Fire?
« on: July 12, 2007, 12:16:37 PM »

Hi Mr Smith,

Correct me if my interpretation is wrong (I'm not that smart and am still learning).  Are not these flames a metaphor for the punishment, emotional suffering, removal of our sin and spiritual training we receive in life?  Does it matter then if the flame itself is eternal or not?

Cheers

Brett

Dear Brett:  Well, yes, it would matter a LOT, if one was to suffer these punishments FOR EVER.  Actually, there are very very few sins that will be "punished."  In Judgment, sinners are "chastised," not "punished."
    Chastisement is designed for correcting and making right a wrong, but punishment is more like vengeance on someone for doing wrong.
    God be with you,
    Ray

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Fire?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 12:17:04 PM »

Hi Mr Smith,

Correct me if my interpretation is wrong (I'm not that smart and am still learning).  Are not these flames a metaphor for the punishment and emotional suffering (as a result of sin), removal of our sin and spiritual training we receive in life?  Does it matter then if the flame itself is eternal or not?

Once the lord has purified us won't we be Christlike and thus have nothing to burn, given that the work (us) will be finished.  Also won't their be no need to apply the flames once we are without sin?

Cheers

Brett

Dear Brett:  Yes, of course, once there is nothing left to burn, there is no more fire. This is the same principle of "Everlasting fire" spoken of in the King James. It is not "everlasting" but rather "eonian"--AGE lasting. And anything which is age-lasting cannot possibly be EVERLASTING or ETERNAL.  This fire is said to be "UNquenchalbe."  Unquenchable does not mean everlasting or eternal, it means NO ONE WILL PUT IT OUT. It will have to BURN ITSELF OUT.  The "eternal" fire of Jude 7 burned itself out THOUSANDS of years ago. I will cover these matters in great detail in my upcoming Installments of my "HELL" series--patience.
    God be with you,
    Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.