bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing  (Read 4999 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing
« on: July 12, 2007, 12:20:51 PM »

Dear Mr. Smith,

You say that we are under the new covenant therefore the old has no bearing on us. The bible humbly begs to differ with you on this matter.

* Matt 5:17-20  "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.& lt; /FONT>

NKJV   

So by my understanding Moses was a prophet of God and God gave him the ten commandments which are still in effect today (Old Law/covenant God gave/made with his people) AND THIS IS CONFIRMED BY Jesus in the following scripture. 

* Matt 5:21-23 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.'22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother,'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire. NKJV     

Malachi was also a prophet of God and Malachi said in Malachi 3 “ Would a man rob God? Yet you rob me … in the tithe…

Jesus did not come to change the law rather to fulfill and perfect the law and ultimately to offer a way of escape for us by becoming a propitiation for our sins against the law for the law condemns but the Son of Man sets free and whom the Son sets free he shall be free indeed. 

Mr. Smith, don’t be fooled by all the people who support your stand on tithing for Christian men are always trying to find a way not to pay their tithe for their hearts are not with God (Where your money is there your heart will be also.) All you are doing is encouraging theft from God and you are condemning people to a cursed life. 

I am glad to be part of a fellowship that encourages and preaches tithing as God’s financial plan for the support of the Gospel and his church. God did not intend for the church to go around from door to door and business to business begging for support but that rather the people who have been saved by the preaching of the Gospel would support that church and cover the church expenses, outreach programmes and fellowship.

Mark

Dear Mark: I have never said that the Old Testament "has no bearing on us." Your words, not mine. One can support a church with voluntary offerings without teaching the unscriptural doctrine of tithing on MONEY. Money was never a titheable commodity; only Levites could collect tithes; Jesus didn't collect tithes;  the apostles didn't teach or collect tithes; Paul did not teach the Gentiles to tithe; Paul never took tithes for his ministry. But all these Scriptural facts seem meaningless and unimportant to you.

God be with you,

Ray

PS   You didn't actually READ my paper on tithing, did you?

« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 01:29:29 PM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.