bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greatest Hits  (Read 4582 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Greatest Hits
« on: July 12, 2007, 01:27:19 PM »

The greatest hits board is gone.  There was not enough interest and feedback for it.

Thanks to those with input and suggestions.

Craig

YellowStone

Re: Greatest Hits
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 07:41:12 PM »

Well that was a shame :(

Craig, could you perhaps start it slow and let it build, or fill it with the threads you and the other mods think are truly edifying.

Just some thoughts, because I thought it was a great idea.

Love in Christ,
Darren

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 03:12:46 PM »

I second that Darren.  :)

Craig I offered two suggestions for the greatest hit list. Were they rejected/not received/? Surely if others suggested additional threads or not...it may have got the ball rolling? I too would like to see a greatest hits board. It also makes for good reading for new comers who have read all of Rays teachings and are interested in keeping in touch with what has happened on the Forum in terms of our daily for some, fellowship here.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Falconn003

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 03:51:47 PM »

Craig

I agree thirdly

It should stand as a testament of what this forum's participation can produce in threads.

As patterns for what threads should compose of.

It might sound as we are setting standards and it should be time someone sets the standard God sets for us all.  Standards not seen or very rare on other web sites and forums.

Rodger

UncleBeau

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 05:43:19 PM »

I really haven't been here long enough to see all of the threads, so I don't have much imput to give. I did, however, see a lot of threads that seemed to repeat the same ideas and topics heavily; but were posted so far apart that it would have been hard to tell what's been discussed and what hasn't. Is there any way to compress relative threads in another area, classify certain subjects and call the whole compressed section "greatest hits"? Almost the same way you classify e-mails to Ray. I know that would involve a lot of work, so it might not be a good idea, but it is something to think about.

your friend,

-Beau

carol70

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 07:53:43 PM »

Along the lines of Beau's suggestion, instead of a separate board, you might try posting a Greatest Hits thread that would be permanently stuck at the top of the forum for all to see.  It would contain links to previous threads of popular topics that seem to come up over and over again.  This would give newcomers a good place to start to look for answers to questions that have already been posted and discussed several times in the past.

Just a thought. :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 07:59:19 PM by carol70 »

josh

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 04:11:53 AM »

Beau & Carol,

Your suggestion is a great idea... unfortunately, it would be a lot of work for just the Mods to do while they still performed there regular service.

I believe this is why Craig asked for members of the forum to pick out threads that were especially beneficial, so that the Mods workload could be divided among the members who were interested in this project.

God's Peace.
Josh

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.