bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: He worketh God in Us  (Read 5395 times)

Beloved

He worketh God in Us
« on: July 13, 2007, 10:53:06 PM »

(Col 1:29 KJVR)  Whereunto I also labor, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

I know that I am a wretched person and have absolutely NOTHING good in me. There is only One Good => God

God is the only one who can change my character.  I also know it is going to be a very painful process. I would rather do it all at once but I am way too afraid to let go of all of things at the same time.

(Rev 13:4 KJVR)  And they worshiped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

Not me ....I give up.

(Rom 7:17 KJVR)  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
(Rom 7:18 KJVR)  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
(Rom 7:19 KJVR)  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do

It is a taffy pull .....isn't it?

Boy did James hit the nail on the head when he wrote

(Jam 1:23 ASV) For if any one is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a mirror:
(Jam 1:24 ASV) for he beholdeth himself, and goeth away, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was

I do not like what I see in the mirror  :o and at times I just want to die. I am soo...o  tired of dealing with all of these stupid and worthless worldly issues.   

What is ironic is that contemplating suicide is a not even an option anymore because now I know that battle is really between the spiritual and soulish nature, the physical body is only a cover.

Now I can only pray daily that I live long enough to see these two latter things (soul & body)die.  Now I try and focus on

(Phi 2:13 KJVR)  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

(Phi 1:6 KJVR)  Being confident of this very thing, that HE which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

(1Th 5:21 KJVR)  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

It may seem that my problems are more than others but I know better because each one of us has to face SELF and God has to show each us how to overcome it.

The SELF that I have to face now is the result of all my own past choices.  Pride Greed Gluttony Lust Hate Lies Stealing Murder are all located in the SELF I call me. 

My career choice and my living situtation are all the result of these charming habits.  Lots of Dirty Secrets that we all hide and disguise.  My facade is falling apart right now. I need to let it go. God is in control of my life.

I just realized that other than writing it down, there is absolutely NO one to discuss this matter other than GOD.  The title of this Topic is not a mispell... its a pun.  God will perform the works on me..... More than just good .... He will work on me....... until I am the perfect image of Himself.

(Eph 3:20 KJVR)  Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Beloved

gmik

Re: He worketh God in Us
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 01:15:19 AM »

..My facade is falling...

...I need to let it go....

Good Word Beloved.  Hauntingly close to home!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 11:55:50 AM »

Yes Gena... 8) the Kingdom of God  :) (close to home )

Good post Beloved!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Kat

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 11:59:27 AM »

Hi Beloved,

Interesting post, I relate so well to what you state.
But we must keep moving forward and pray that we can stand.

Luke 21:36  But watch at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that will take place, and to stand before the Son of man."

love to you sister,
Kat

DuluthGA

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 09:19:04 PM »

Let the Son shine, let the Son shine in... the Son shine in.  ;D

I like your post! 

Thanks, Janice

rk12201960

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 10:17:53 PM »

Hi Beloved,
believe it or not this is an idol of the heart, " Selfcontrol " and yes when our God pulls you, you WiLL come for unlike the God of false religion your God is ALL POWERFUL.  ;D

I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD TAKE MY YOKE FOR IT IS NOT BURDERNSOME FEAR NOT!!!!!!

GOD is working in you. You have nothing to worry about trust in your GOD , He can not lie.

Peace and Blessings to you Beloved

Randy
 ;D  8)  ;D

« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 10:52:25 PM by Randy »

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 03:11:21 PM »

Hi Carol (Beloved),

I feel you and understand the emotions behind your words.  It can be a painful reality to see who we are and where we've been.  However, we can rejoice in knowing that having this "sight" is evidence that the Lord's spirit is working in us.

You stated:

I just realized that other than writing it down, there is absolutely NO one to discuss this matter other than GOD.

It is true that the Lord is our ultimate refuge, however He has blessed us with this forum as a means to have communication with others of a like-mind.  You are not alone.  There are a few people here that understand what you are feeling and going through.  Please feel free to use us.

Love,
Rene'

ez2u

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 07:38:05 PM »

Beloved this is intense I know the Lord is working in you to do His good pleasure.  thank you for sharing I have felt this way too many times  God will work in you and all that he does will be enough.  It is well with my soul  Peggy

conrad

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 11:07:19 PM »

it is scary to see what is truly in the human heart- in my own. We naturally put confidence in our fleshly selves. And I think God sometimes lets us have things our own way for a while, just to teach us. I am reminded of a few occaisions when Ray talks about human nature. We own understand this as God reveals us to ourselves. It is a spiritual process vital to creating a spiritual mind. I am starting to see that. but it has been a hard seven years- breakdowns, isolation, hospitalisation, medication, schizophrenia (a split "double?" mind) all manner. But when I look back I can see the skilful hand of God shaping me. Before all that I fancied myself as being a fairly good Christian. I reality I was weak, carnal and self centred. Now I am starting to thank God for these firey trials, and willingly ask for them to come as I see that my vile selfhood must be burned away in His Spiritual fire.

Well, Beloved ,keep going forward, through it all. for the crown of life.

love, in Him,

David (meaning Beloved- I am starting to actually believe it)

DuluthGA

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 02:27:29 AM »

Hi yet again David....

I didn't realize this non-photo post was here... but I must say, I was thoroughly blessed by your post.  Thank you for sharing your insightful thoughts, sentiments and raw self.  Our Lord always makes something of us when it is time, and we are so grateful...

WE ALL WILL BE GRATEFUL ONE DAY AND WILL BE ALWAYS!

I think God sometimes lets us have things our own way for a while, just to teach us... v v good point to ponder.  I know He let me stew in my own brew for quite some time before He started His wonderful chastising works on me.  A worldly equivalent:  No pain, no gain.  :D  How much sweeter His spiritual rewards and His promise to come.

I'm so v sorry to hear of your struggle with mental illness.  I have a healthcare background and am familiar with much of the terminology, symptoms and conditions involved; yet it seems you have been given to overcome in a rather splendid way... hat's off to you for complying and NOT RESISTING TOO MUCH :D to God's reshaping you!  Ho!  We all go through it in one way or another, miserable all, like our Saviour.

Dear David, IF WE SUFFER WITHIN, WE WILL REIGN WITHIN.

Thanks again for this post.  Sorry if I am confusing you even more about saying that this is usually a section for photos.  Maybe I need a vacation!

YES! YES! I DOOOOO SINCERELY NEED A VACATION!!!!!!

Anyway, never any worries...

With love, :)
Janice

LittleBear

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 11:54:54 AM »

Dave, wow! You have been through a lot, and you are an inspiration!
It's a wonderful thing these trials and tribulations that God carefully places in our lives, for us to learn to overcome. I'm happy to read your comment:

But when I look back I can see the skilful hand of God shaping me. Before all that I fancied myself as being a fairly good Christian. I reality I was weak, carnal and self centred. Now I am starting to thank God for these firey trials, and willingly ask for them to come as I see that my vile selfhood must be burned away in His Spiritual fire.

Amen and amen David! I am starting to have peace (no worries) in my life because of this fact. Yes, God is shaping me!!!!!!!!

Janice,

I like that no pain, no gain, in a spiritual sense!

Love,

Ursula

conrad

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 06:43:31 PM »

hey guys,firstly Janice, thanks for setting me straight about what goes where- I think I have it figured... When you post pictures do you have to link from another site, like photobucket? I will figure it out. Thankyou for your kindness and support. In writing about suffering I hope I don't come across as a sort of "ooh look how much I've been through" Drama Queen type way. It is, I think, in our nature to wallow, and indulge oursleves in what is actually sent to humble us. It has been a long process. But I have been blessed with a caring mother, close friends and brethren (that means youse lot among others!), and most of all an awesome Saviour. ANd like everyone, I get through it somehow.

I just love encouraging people that the darkness, the scary thoughts, the evil in our hearts, they are nothing compared to the love and light and power of Christ.

Well, may He bless us all.

Dave

ps. will add pics when I work out how   :     /

DuluthGA

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 07:10:04 PM »

Yes Dave,

I use Photobucket.  There's another site to upload to... hmmm... here is the How to Upload a Photo link that Kat has provided in the Intro & Info section:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4619.0.html

Here's the link for that whole section... it has lots of info:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Glad you've got good support... I'm nodding and get what you mean about "not wallowing in it", yes...and I hear ya about the wonderment and good friendship/fellowship we have in our Lord.  Righty-o.  Don't know where I'd be without Him.

AS YOU SEE MORE TRUTH, YOU LET GO OF THE DARKNESS. 

I personally appreciate your encouragement because I've still got a way to go. 

Chat more with you soon, :)
Janice

« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 07:17:56 PM by DuluthGA »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 24 queries.