bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My delima  (Read 6414 times)

lilitalienboi16

My delima
« on: July 14, 2007, 04:06:48 AM »

Hello brothers and sisters, i would like your imput on my current delima, let me inform you about it.

Okay, so i just turned 19 not too long ago and am currently attending Orange Coast college. I really don't know what i want to do with my life, i thought i wanted to major in history so to better understand all the origins of such evil doctrins as hell, and the history of the church and other religions as to be a better teacher of TRUTH as ray does by Gods mercy and grace, offcourse. However i spoke to a counsoler, and it seems that all there is in history department is for those who want to teach history itself, and i do not want to do that. I simply enjoy history and philosphy. I find it hard to believe ill be supporting any family doing something i don't like [teach history, the only thing i would want to teach is the TRUTH.]

Okay so this isn't my problem though, the thing is, i've been doing acting on the side. I had an agent long before i knew how to do anything acting wise, then i left her for a modeling agency, that died, and now i find myself back in square one with all this. The thing is i'm very artistic, i love to draw, nad i love being infront of people, i'm not shy, and i LOVE acting, its FUN. I enjoy it. many of the teachers i've had when it comes to acting, and thsoe who've seen me act tell me i'm really good at it. Offcourse i always thought i was terrible, and at times iw onder how they can say i'm good, nonetheless they insist i am.

So now i was wondering, can i persue an acting career? Can i still teach the truths of God, and be one of the elect, all the while act? I'm torn in two atm because i love both. I love bieng infront of people and makeing htem laugh, acting, and GOD. But what if i get famous? What if i start having all this money? What if i get a whole lot of women who are chasieng me through this? Does God allow His elect to be involved in acting? Does he approve of it as a career? I simply DON'T KNOW! I want to know! I want to do what i love, but whats holding me back is the uncertainty of wether God approves of it and would grant me the full knowledge of Christ regardless even if i do decide to become an actor.

I hope this makes sence, its hard for me to xplain my confusion and trouble, but i am torn apart by two things i love.

The MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME IS OVERCOMING. The rest can go bye bye, but can i overcome, if i become an actor?

Sorry this is long, and i was thinking of asking ray for his insight, but it hink i will let you, my family, give me some insight. Lord willing.

God bless you all and thank you for takeing your time to help a little brother out.

In Christ,
Alex
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 04:10:56 AM by lilitalienboi16 »

skydreamers

Re: My delima
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 03:19:11 PM »

Alex, you are so precious!    Your passion and love for God at such a young age, truly is inspiring.  Your heart is seeking Him, and it is He who has brought you to this point.  There is nothing you can do that can thwart God from revealing Himself to you, no matter what you are doing in your life.  God is not limited by any circumstance.

As Ray says, ..."if you are to be one of God's chosen, YOU WILL BE!"

True, the acting world will hold its challenges, carnally speaking.  But you don't have to get caught up in all the glitz and glamor of it.  I can sense you appreciate it as an art form, so there's a difference between pursuing it for that reason, or pursuing it for fame and fortune. 

And lil' bro, judging from your pics...you're going to have women chasing you no matter what you do in life! ;) :D

The pulls of the flesh are everywhere, in every walk of life.  I feel it all the time, and I am living a simple life, at home with my two kids!!

As far as overcoming...well...if you try and shelter yourself, what will you overcome?  I'm still embarrassed at some of the more foolish parts of my life, but I also can see how it's helped me to be stronger...and to be in some (small) ways, "an overcomer".

You will be in my prayers.  I pray God show you His will for your life so that you can have a peace about it.

Peace and much luv to ya,
Diana

jER

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 04:48:53 PM »

Diana, you do have a deep compassion for others, an encouragement to us all.
Always giving a reason for hope.

Much appreciated!

- jER

gmik

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 01:41:02 PM »

Alex, isn't there more and more acting out there for Christians?(sorry I still use that term).

Like Billy Graham, and other studios that put forth values-type films? Pat Robertson and the like?

Either way, there will have to be compromises. Secular or spiritual.

Don't forget it is the Lord that gives you the desires of your heart.

For a moment, think about being 40 or 50.  What do you want to be able to look back and see in your life??? If you "make the wrong career choice" (ha) you will see how those mistakes helped you.  We are to have trials & tribulations in this life.

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord---you will not be making the choice!

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 05:01:52 PM »

Alex, you are so precious!    Your passion and love for God at such a young age, truly is inspiring.  Your heart is seeking Him, and it is He who has brought you to this point.  There is nothing you can do that can thwart God from revealing Himself to you, no matter what you are doing in your life.  God is not limited by any circumstance.

As Ray says, ..."if you are to be one of God's chosen, YOU WILL BE!"

True, the acting world will hold its challenges, carnally speaking.  But you don't have to get caught up in all the glitz and glamor of it.  I can sense you appreciate it as an art form, so there's a difference between pursuing it for that reason, or pursuing it for fame and fortune. 

And lil' bro, judging from your pics...you're going to have women chasing you no matter what you do in life! ;) :D

The pulls of the flesh are everywhere, in every walk of life.  I feel it all the time, and I am living a simple life, at home with my two kids!!

As far as overcoming...well...if you try and shelter yourself, what will you overcome?  I'm still embarrassed at some of the more foolish parts of my life, but I also can see how it's helped me to be stronger...and to be in some (small) ways, "an overcomer".

You will be in my prayers.  I pray God show you His will for your life so that you can have a peace about it.

Peace and much luv to ya,
Diana

Thank you so much diana, you always know exactly what to say. You are a blessing to have here =]

Thank you for hte prayers, it means more then you know.

Love to you,

Alex

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 05:04:44 PM »

Alex, isn't there more and more acting out there for Christians?(sorry I still use that term).

Like Billy Graham, and other studios that put forth values-type films? Pat Robertson and the like?

Either way, there will have to be compromises. Secular or spiritual.

Don't forget it is the Lord that gives you the desires of your heart.

For a moment, think about being 40 or 50.  What do you want to be able to look back and see in your life??? If you "make the wrong career choice" (ha) you will see how those mistakes helped you.  We are to have trials & tribulations in this life.

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord---you will not be making the choice!

Ty gmik, i hope that i may look back one day bieng 40 or 50, and realize that the steps of this [me] GOOD MAN where truly ordered by the Lord. I can only pray that the Lord will always keep me, no matter where i am, because i truly do want Him and Him alone but while on this earth i would love to have  a job that i actualy love, so it wouldn't be so much a job, but rather a hobby =]

Again ty for your kind words, both of you.

God bless you,

Alex

UncleBeau

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 12:48:02 PM »

Hi Alex,

That's a bigger dilema for you than most would want, haha. I've been faced with the same "type" of problem. I've been playing music since I was about 11, but really wanted to make a career out of it at 17-18. I wanted to be a rock star, like most guys that played guitar at my age. After God brought me back from my "pulls of the flesh", I thought less about what I wanted to do and more about where He was leading me. I still play music about my spiritual journeys in life, but have no desire to bring it to the worldly media. Who knows, ten years from now, you might find yourself doing things that you would normally never think of. I'll give you a few verses that usually help me to focus more on God and less on "my" interests.

Proverbs 3:6 (like on my signature) "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

Matt. 6:33"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Matt. 6:34"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Hope this helps...it certainly helps me.
your friend,

-Beau

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 07:23:08 AM »

Hi Alex,

That's a bigger dilema for you than most would want, haha. I've been faced with the same "type" of problem. I've been playing music since I was about 11, but really wanted to make a career out of it at 17-18. I wanted to be a rock star, like most guys that played guitar at my age. After God brought me back from my "pulls of the flesh", I thought less about what I wanted to do and more about where He was leading me. I still play music about my spiritual journeys in life, but have no desire to bring it to the worldly media. Who knows, ten years from now, you might find yourself doing things that you would normally never think of. I'll give you a few verses that usually help me to focus more on God and less on "my" interests.

Proverbs 3:6 (like on my signature) "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

Matt. 6:33"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Matt. 6:34"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Hope this helps...it certainly helps me.
your friend,

-Beau

Ty beau, it does. I've told God what i want in my heart, or what Hes placed in my heart, for me to want lol.

I've let Him know i don't trust myself, and that i can be v ery decieving, atleast my carnal mind can to my spirit,a nd that He has to do the guiding, Hes gotta hold my hand and drag my butt along cuz i'm more then sure to stray down the wrong path, so i'm trusting in Him.

All to His will, and i pray that He helps me want what He has willed and wanted for me.

Ty again for your post. Every little bit helps.

Love to you in Christ,

Ale

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 04:32:49 PM »

hi alex,
i am new to posting on the forum, but have been reading posts on the different sections of the forum for several months.  i have read some of your previous posts and was blown away that you were (are) only 19 yrs old.  surely God had great things in store for you seeing how He has led you to His Truths, and opened up your spiritual understanding of those truths so early in your life.  i believe you will be used by Him to carry the torch of His Light forward, as you are our future. 

keep seeking His guidance and He will show you the way.  you are bound to be put through some trials, seeing how you are just beginning your venture in this life, but He will always be with you and believe me He will rein you in just when you think there is no hope because you are HIS.  i am relearning that truth in my own life (and i'm not 19 anymore, but i am younger than i will ever be again, ha!)

acting for the true art of portraying other situations is a talent.  a talented actor can be very uplifting and inspiring, just like a good book.  if you truly feel in your heart that acting is a career you want to pursue, than by all means go for it.  God will show you if it is not His will for you.  He is putting it in your path for a purpose.  allow Him to show you that purpose. 

i wish i had known the Truths of His scriptures like you do, when i was your age.  but, He knew what i needed and when i needed it.  i was a believer at that young age, but i was ignorant of the truths He has revealed to me through ray's teachings.  but, God knew all about that too.  you can never be out of His reach so don't be afraid of making mistakes, or possibly straying from His path for you.  we all have done that at some time, and most likely still do that some time, but it is those times that humble us and make us realize it is ALL about Him to begin with.

stay true to your first love, Jesus Christ and remember that God loves you even more than we do.  isn't that mind blowing!!!???!!!

cheers,
claudia aka cjwood

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 10:51:44 PM »

hi alex,
i am new to posting on the forum, but have been reading posts on the different sections of the forum for several months.  i have read some of your previous posts and was blown away that you were (are) only 19 yrs old.  surely God had great things in store for you seeing how He has led you to His Truths, and opened up your spiritual understanding of those truths so early in your life.  i believe you will be used by Him to carry the torch of His Light forward, as you are our future. 

keep seeking His guidance and He will show you the way.  you are bound to be put through some trials, seeing how you are just beginning your venture in this life, but He will always be with you and believe me He will rein you in just when you think there is no hope because you are HIS.  i am relearning that truth in my own life (and i'm not 19 anymore, but i am younger than i will ever be again, ha!)

acting for the true art of portraying other situations is a talent.  a talented actor can be very uplifting and inspiring, just like a good book.  if you truly feel in your heart that acting is a career you want to pursue, than by all means go for it.  God will show you if it is not His will for you.  He is putting it in your path for a purpose.  allow Him to show you that purpose. 

i wish i had known the Truths of His scriptures like you do, when i was your age.  but, He knew what i needed and when i needed it.  i was a believer at that young age, but i was ignorant of the truths He has revealed to me through ray's teachings.  but, God knew all about that too.  you can never be out of His reach so don't be afraid of making mistakes, or possibly straying from His path for you.  we all have done that at some time, and most likely still do that some time, but it is those times that humble us and make us realize it is ALL about Him to begin with.

stay true to your first love, Jesus Christ and remember that God loves you even more than we do.  isn't that mind blowing!!!???!!!

cheers,
claudia aka cjwood

Ty Claudia, your words are more then humbling. I will take all your advice here, and trust Him.

God bless, and thank you.

Alex

GODSown1

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 12:16:10 AM »

Hey!! lil brother Alex,
                          Well all I really got 2 saY is Well i AGREE really wit Diana, Gena & Claudia ma brO, it really is all GOD! The FATHER, u WILL DO wot u r supose 2 believe it :) GODBLESS! u! brother, muchBlesSnZ! & guidance in ur Venture, U will b fine lil brO.
                          muchLOVE!! Pera

Ps. Well d@s jus my opinion, ur brother in CHRIST! :) :D Pera
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 12:19:32 AM by GODSown1 »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 06:58:15 PM »

Hey!! lil brother Alex,
                          Well all I really got 2 saY is Well i AGREE really wit Diana, Gena & Claudia ma brO, it really is all GOD! The FATHER, u WILL DO wot u r supose 2 believe it :) GODBLESS! u! brother, muchBlesSnZ! & guidance in ur Venture, U will b fine lil brO.
                          muchLOVE!! Pera

Ps. Well d@s jus my opinion, ur brother in CHRIST! :) :D Pera

Pera, you always, and i mean always, bring a smile to my face, ty =]

Love to you also,

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.