bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sabbath?  (Read 5477 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Sabbath?
« on: July 17, 2007, 01:42:50 PM »

Dear Johan:  You close by stating that you hope I will not take your email as an attack on me. I assure you I won't, and I likewise hope that you do not take my admonition as an attack on you. Your email is too long, but I will make a few COMMENTS in it........

Hi Ray,

Thank you for your site! I benefited a lot, and I’ve spent hours and days reading and agreeing, and learning! I think you’re one of the very few childen of God that really knows his bible – and that’s the way it should be for every true child of God!

I absolutely agree with you on almost everything!, but I’d like to know how you can get past the Sabbath?

How do you spiritualize away the Sabbath?

COMMENT:   I do NOT "spiritual away the Sabbath."  Besides, if something is "spiritualized" it will not go away, seeing that the natural is temporary, but the spiritual is lasting (II Cor. 4:18).

How do you spiritually do all your work in six days and spiritually rest on the seventh?

COMMENT:  Your statements proves that you do not understand the "spiritual rest" of the Sabbath day at all. The Sabbath pictures rest (actually and literally to "stop working").  What good is the physical sabbath for people who NEVER stop working. Not only do they do their "works of the law" during the week, but they actually do their "works of the law" on the Sabbath which pictures them STOPPING THEIR OWN WORKS!  When you do you "work of the law" by KEEPING the physical Sabbath, you BREAK the spirit of the Sabbath which is to STOP YOUR WORKING AND LET GOD WORK IN YOU.

Therefore, when people as me if I keep the Sabbath I always answer by saying, "YES, EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK." As long as you are doing YOUR work on the Sabbath, you will never "ENTER INTO GOD'S REST" (Heb. 4).

I believe the LUNAR SABBATH should be kept.

COMMENT:  You are not alone, Johan. Paul had many people who rejected the Gospel by being the same thing: "Ye observe days and months [month means MOON], and times, and years (Gal. 4:10).  Paul could no more persuade them in his day to give up the physical and obey the spiritual (John 6:63), than I am able today. If people can't DO SOMETHING PHYSICAL THEY DON'T FEEL SPIRITUAL.  That's just the way it is.  "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the NEW MOON [as you are now trying to instruct me as necessary], or of the SABBATH DAYS [as you are also accusing me of 'spiritualizing away the Sabbath']" (Col. 2:16).

The moon is a symbol of Jesus, the Sign of the Son of Man .

(Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven:
     and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see
     the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven wit h power and great glory.)

The sun is a symbol of God. God is light. God is a consuming fire. Jesus brought God's light to us,
    just like the moon reflects the sun's rays at night. The end is near! We need to be awake!
    We need to watch!

(Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.)

We need to look up, because our salvation comes from above. (Luk 21:28), (Rev 12:1), (Rev 21:23)

Because Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, and the moon is the sign of the Son of Man, and the Sabbath is a sign (Exo 31:13, Eze 20:12), we should keep the Sabbath according to the phases of the moon! (Gen 1:14, Jer 31:35, Jer 31:36, Eze 22:26, Rev 2:17, Isa 66:23)

COMMENT:  Nonsense, Johan!  Jesus Christ is NOT "the sign of the Son of Man," and "the moon is a symbol of Jesus" is unscriptural nonsense. Neither is "the sun a symbol of God."  Johan!  Most of the PAGANS AND HEATHENS used the sun as a symbol of God, but you won't find that in the Scriptures.  The moon is reflected light. Jesus is not the "reflected" light of Jesus  The light of the moon represents the truth given to the CHURCH. And that is why "the moon shall be turned to BLOOD."  The love of God given to the Church will be turned into hatred and evil and bloodshed by the Church.  it is sacrilege to associate Jesus with the moon.  The light of Jesus comes from WITHIN, it is not reflected by the moon:

"And the city had NO NEED of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of GOD did lighten it, and THE LAMB IS THE LIGHT THEREOF" (Rev. 21:23)!  Yes, we need to "look up," but looking up in Scripture does not mean to look UP IN THE SKY AT THE SUN AND THE MOON, but to look up on HIGH, to SPIRITUAL things.

During the crucifixion there was an eclipse of the Moon.

COMMENT:  Nonsense, Johan.  An eclipse of the moon does not cause it to darken during the day.  And an eclipse of the sun which does cause it to darken during the day, last for only a few minuts, NOT FOR THREE WHOLE HOURS
    (Matt. 27:45)!

(Mar 15:33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.)

The Moon has cast its shadow over the Earth. This also implies New Moon (Dark Moon) and high Sabbath!
    (Joh 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.)

COMMENT:  I'm afraid that statement is too convoluted to even comment on.  For a million dollars I could not tell you what the point of that statement is supposed to be. Sorry.  Your email is too long, Johan, I just don't have the time. Hope you understand.

God be with you,

Ray

Let's walk in the light of Jesus! (2Co 4:4)

One thing all these false apostles of today has in common, is the they abandoned God’s Ten Commandments!

But God has this to say about them:

Hos 4:6  My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast FORGOTTEN THE LAW of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

We live in a world where people are MURDERED everyday. God’s law should be enforced on those that does not love Him! Those that truly loves Him will automatically obey! Do an e-Sword search on “love” and “God” and see all verses confirm the relationship between our love for Him and our obedience to the SPIRITUAL LAW of love!

1Jn 5:3  For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Isa 8:20  To the LAW and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

What do you say? I hope you don’t take this as an attack on you.

Kind Regards

Johan

PS: I’m not a churchgoer or theologian, but I also love the Bible as you do

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.