bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God is love  (Read 5279 times)

jkunkel

God is love
« on: July 15, 2007, 11:19:24 PM »

hey guys
just wanted to share a personal revelation for me cuse its a gift from God and i was excited to tell people.ive started coming into the knowledge of truth through this site a few months ago and ive been reading others like j preston eby and learning much.then recently looking at myself i was shown that i have been living by the letter trying to make an image of myself good enough for God and to men.i have been trying to do all the things right and learn everything about everything and know all the secrets. which of course doing good things and learning are good things but they were my foundation like the pharisees. so anyway a thought comes to my mind of the first commandment and then i remember God is love and God is spirit and spirit is life.and i got an understanding in my mind that wow we are to love love with all our heart and mind and soul.and death is the carnal mind and the carnal mind hatred of love. and jesus is the bread of life and life is spirit and the spirit is love and jesus is our foundation and our rock and he does the fathers will and is one with the father which means he is love which means our rock and foundation is love. the spiritual food he gives us is love for the father and love for the father is the opposite of hate for Him as the spiritual mind is opposite the carnal and life opposite of death.so im just praying for the lord to lead me in the spirit in love for all and am excited that all will have eminating from every part of there being the light of God which is LOVE.im pumped. praise god.

josh
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 05:46:40 PM by hillsbororiver »

YellowStone

Re: god is love
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 02:08:39 PM »

Hi Josh,

I can see why you would be pumped. :)

However, with love comes responsibility, for just as God is love he is also responsible for us in the same way a loving parent is responsible for a child.

True Love is not a blanket that accepts any misgivings like what we are told in marriage, comprimise, ignore, etc. No, True love is a light. It does not shadow anything, for what could be dark beneath it? Love in the truest sense (God) causes the unseen to be seen and the darkness for what it is. Such love is unconditional as is any help, charitable acts or correction offered. Love seeks no reward but for itself.

Luke 4:8 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’"

I really enjoyed your post Josh and I hope what I have posted is inline with your thoughts.

Love in Christ,
Darren

DuluthGA

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 04:42:39 AM »

Yes Josh, good to hear from you acknowledging His spirit and connection to His Word.

In relationship to this love you are mentioning, I would like to pass along something I just learned from Ray recently about Luke 14: 26 where Jesus says:

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." 

Think in terms of "loving less" not pure "hate."  That sure helped me understand that verse!

The same would also hold true for:

John 12: 25   He who is fond of his soul is destroying it, and he who is hating his soul in this world, shall be guarding it for life eonian. [CLNT]

The idea is that God [and His love] is first.

Have a great week!  Janice  :)

aktikt

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 12:48:18 PM »

God should be capitalized!
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Dean Peterman

Re: God is love
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 03:49:16 PM »

Thanks for sharing this Josh.

Beloved

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 08:14:44 PM »

Okay so Josh is as bad atypist as I am .. he missed the Majusule in the subject heading .....but he did not in his post.  ;D ;D ;D

Beloved

ez2u

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 05:38:28 AM »

help me to understand what is being said here.  so much I am not understanding, janice are you saying God doesn't ley any of our sin stay covered surely God doesn't expose all at once.  {lease tell me what you are saying  Thanks Peggy

DuluthGA

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 11:54:46 PM »

Hi Peggy,

I'm sorry I don't understand your question about my post.  But somehow I hope to reiterate what I attempted to say to hopefully make it more clear. 

I have found it very challenging to communicate in the manner of an interactive type-written forum.  It seems so much gets missed somehow, so you're not alone in this regard!  I too am not quite certain how to take something someone has said, so like you, I just stop and ask them!  Glad you did!  :)

No Peggy, I didn't say "God doesn't let any of our sins stay covered" or "surely God doesn't expose all at once."  If I may ask you to please carefully reread my post and you will discover I didn't use any of these words that you have just mentioned at all, and these concepts are foreign to me.  Kinda like a HUH?? WHAT??  Pehaps you have gotten me switcherooed with someone else?  A possibility? 

Anyway, Josh had mentioned the difference between between being carnal-minded and being Spirit-minded and mentioned the difference between hate and love.

I was simply giving Josh a tip on how Ray opened up the meaning of a couple of Scripture verses for me recently that both contained the word 'hate.'  These verses are Luke 14: 26 and John 12: 25.  The key being not to think of the word 'hate' as 'pure hate' but instead think of it as meaning 'loving less,' and in this way God and Christ's place in our lives comes first, not our family's or our own life.

I sure do hope that get's it for ya!!  God bless you Peggy!!  So glad you are a forum friend!!  :) :)

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!!
With His joy, Janice

ez2u

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 12:21:17 AM »

Janice  yes you are right I read this forum too late and my mind is half gone.  I am starting earlier now.  Thank you for clraring that up for me so sweetly  In Jesus Peggy

DuluthGA

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 04:19:44 PM »

No biggie, Peggy!   :)

The absolute exact same thing has happened to me... reading while too dang tired...

Happy day!  :D
Janice
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.