bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iS the Lake of fire an experience of living one goes through ?  (Read 4572 times)

mrsnacks

The title of this thread says it all I think. Is the Lake of fire liken to God putting one into life situation to be purged of the flesh. Sort of like being put into your body and given life's test once again because you flunked it the first time ? I know what it's purpose is, but don't understand what it is. Is it life lived over again in a way ? And where do His elect come into play in this ?

And to my understanding is that the elect are judged now. But isn't there going to be some carnality still in the elect  in this life that needs to be burned out ? So if the elect don't go through the lake of fire how is the flesh to be burned out. Thanks.

Kat

Re: iS the Lake of fire an experience of living one goes through ?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 02:24:02 PM »

http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html -------------------

GOD’S MINISTERS ARE FLAMES OF FIRE

I showed you earlier that Jesus Christ is not only IN the lake of fire, He IS THE LAKE OF FIRE. He is the Divinity in this spiritual fire.

[And just Who is this "symbolic fire?" It is, of course, GOD --  "For OUR GOD IS A CONSUMING FIRE." (Heb. 12:29)! http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html ]

Ponder this:

Like Christ, we too are raised with a "SPIRITUAL body" (I Cor. 15:44).

We are in fact called, "the BODY of Christ" (Eph. 1:23).

We will literally "be LIKE Him [Christ]" (I John 3:2).

God will make us into "ministers [of] FLAMING FIRE" (Psalm 104:4).

We too then will be like our God, "a CONSUMING FIRE" (Heb. 12:29).

God promises us that, "…the saints shall JUDGE THE WORLD…" and "we shall JUDGE ANGELS" (I Cor. 6:2-3)!

God tells us WHERE this judgment will take place:

"…they were judged every man according to their works," and "whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into THE LAKE OF FIRE" (Rev. 20:13 & 15).

Therefore, we, the Saints, the Body of Christ, the consuming fire ministers of God, the saviours of Mt. Zion, the manifested Sons and Daughters of God, along with our Head, Jesus Christ, also ARE THE LAKE OF FIRE!

THERE IS NO LITERAL LAKE, AND THERE IS NO LITERAL FIRE. Jesus Christ and His Body of Saints ARE THE LAKE OF JUDGING, PURIFYING, CONSUMING SPIRITUAL FIRE!!!

The lake of fire is a metaphor written in symbols that stand for what is being symbolized, not the symbols themselves. The lake of fire is composed of Jesus Christ the Judge of the world, Christ’s divine spiritual fire and brimstone, and the Sons of God who are the body of Christ who are also FLAMES OF FIRE (Heb. 1:7).

And the whole world will be judged BY US! After death, all the dead will be resurrected, they will all be judged, they will have to pass through the purifying lake of fire, they will have to PASS THROUGH US! WE will be their judge along with our Lord.

"Know ye not that the SAINTS SHALL JUDGE THE WORLD?"

And so, the GREAT SEA OF HUMANITY will be judged in the safety and security of the LAKE OF SAINTS!

http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html -------------------------

Carefully note that it is not the "believer" who "produces" these glorious things, but it is the "SYMBOLIC FIRE" that produces them. And just Who is this "symbolic fire?" It is, of course, GOD -- "For OUR GOD IS A CONSUMING FIRE." (Heb. 12:29)!

Therefore it is GOD who "PRODUCES" qualities in the saints that will GLORIFY HIMSELF! God’s consuming SPIRITUAL fire (remember that "GOD IS SPIRIT" Jn. 4:24) does the "producing," not the saint,

"For HIS ACHIEVEMENT are we, being created in Christ Jesus ..." (Eph. 2:10).

"Now what have you which you did not OBTAIN? Now if you OBTAINED it also [from GOD] why are you boasting as though [you are] not obtaining [it from God]?" (I Cor. 4:7 Concordant Literal New Testament).

"All is of God" (II Cor. 5:18).

"The One Who is operating ALL in accord with the counsel of HIS will" (Eph. 1:11).
----------------------------------------------------------------------

And to my understanding is that the elect are judged now. But isn't there going to be some carnality still in the elect  in this life that needs to be burned out ? So if the elect don't go through the lake of fire how is the flesh to be burned out.

The way I see it is when the saints/elect are resurrected into the kingdom, they will be at one with God, as Christ is.  The elect will be spirit and not subject to the flesh.  So you see as spirit being, at one with God, having the mind of Christ, there will be no sin.

Now that you can see the saints/elect will be the Lake of fire.  So all will be raised to give account and cast into the Lake of fire.  The Bible does not say how this will happen.  If they are raised to life, where else could it be but on earth. 

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4544.0.html ---------

COMMENT:  The Bible may teach "eternal punishment" (actually "everlasting punishment is what the King James says. The term "eternal punishment" is not even found in the King James). But "everlasting" is a bogus translation. It should read "eonian chastisement," which does come to an end and the fruit of chastisement will be acquired. When the wicked are punished (chastised and judged) they will make spiritual progress and produce spiritual fruit:  "When Thy JUDGMENTS are in the earth the inhabitants of the WORLD WILL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS"  (Is.. 26:9).  But who believes Isaiah? Or God either for that matter?  ALL will be saved (I Tim. 2:4; :10; Phil 2:9-11; Eph. 1:10; I Cor. 15:28; etc.

When Jesus returns, He resurrects His saints, and  He "smites the NATIONS" with the sword that comes out of His mouth. (Rev. 19:15).
The "nations" of the earth are ALL THE EARTH.

His Judgments are upon:  "...ALL MEN both FREE, and BOND, both SMALL, and GREAT" (Verse 18). That's EVERYONE.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Oblivion582

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 09:48:01 PM »

Is the Lake of fire liken to God putting one into life situation to be purged of the flesh. Sort of like being put into your body and given life's test once again because you flunked it the first time ?

I see what you're saying, but I am not sure. Doesnt "lake" resemble "life" in some greek mytholgy? Or it may be "river".

Just some food for thought.

mrsnacks

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 07:45:43 PM »

Thanks Kat.

I have read through Ray's writings on this but I am still not clear on the Lake of Fire. Yes God is a consuming fire and we as the elect will judge alongside Christ. But Oblivion 582 I think understands my question. This visual comes to mind with the unbeliever in a court room with Jesus and His saints as judges. Of course it will not be in a courtroom. We are being judged in life . As going through waking up in the morning and going through the days, weeks,months and years of living and experiencing while being in a fleshly body learning to die daily and overcoming trials etc. This is how the elect is being judged. Then my question is will the many called and the unbelievers go through the same thing or process ?

Kat

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 11:02:13 PM »

Hi mrsnacks,

I think I do know what you are asking, but what you want to know is not explained in the scripture.  So all we can do is speculate on exactly how these people will be judged.
Here is what I could find in the scripture.

Jer 23:5  Behold, the days come, says Jehovah, that I will raise to David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and act wisely, and shall do judgment and justice in the earth.

Isa 26:9  With my soul I desired You in the night; yea, with my spirit within me I will seek You early; for when Your judgments are in the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.

Rev 5:10  And You made us kings and priests to our God, and we will reign over the earth.

Rev 14:7  saying with a great voice, Fear God and give glory to Him! For the hour of His judgment has come. And worship Him who made the heaven and the earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

So we can see that this judgment will be on the earth.  Well if the judgment of Christ is on the earth, then wouldn't those being judged be physical?  It also says His judgments will be on all flesh at this time.

Jer 25:31  A noise shall come to the ends of the earth; for Jehovah has a controversy with the nations; He will enter into judgment with all flesh. He will give those who are wicked to the sword, says Jehovah.

Isa 66:15  For, behold, Jehovah will come with fire, and with His chariots like a tempest, to refresh His anger with fury, and His rebuke with flames of fire.
v. 16  For by fire and by His sword Jehovah will execute judgment with all flesh; and the slain of Jehovah will be many.

So what we can surmise is that Christ will return and judge all flesh on the earth.  Does all really mean 'all' that have ever lived?  It does say all. 
How this judgment is carried out, can only be speculated about.  How will all these people live and be judged on earth when Christ's rules?  As you were saying in your first post; Sort of like being put into your body and given life's test once again because you flunked it the first time ?  To me this seems like a real possibility, but how this could be carried out  ???

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.