bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cut off your hand or repent  (Read 10986 times)

Kat

Re: Cut off your hand or repent
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 11:25:42 PM »

Hi Oblivion,

If we are no longer under the law, does that mean we no longer have to try and keep it?

Carol brought out some really good scripture about the works, that the spirit will do in us.
If you are among the few chosen and have the Holy Spirit indwelling, you must go beyond the letter of the law and keep the spirit of the law.  Here in this passage Paul says what he is admonishing and teaching the saints to become perfect, IN CHRIST.

Col 1:24  Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and fill up on my part that which is lacking of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for His body's sake, which is the church;
v. 25  whereof I was made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which was given me to you-ward, to fulfil the word of God,
v. 26  even the mystery which hath been hid for ages and generations: but now hath it been manifested to His saints,
v. 27  to whom God was pleased to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
v. 28  whom we proclaim, admonishing every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ;

Paul tells us we must put off the old self, here are the sins of the flesh that we must overcome, throught Christ indwelling.

Col 3:5  Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
v. 6  On account of these the wrath of God is coming.
v. 7  In these you too once walked, when you were living in them.
v. 8  But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth.
v. 9  Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices
v. 10  and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.

Here is the fruits Christ will produce by His Spirit indwelling, it is He that does it, we are just the vessel.

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
v. 23  gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
v. 24  And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
v. 25  If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.
v. 26  Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

jER

Re: Cut off your hand or repent
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 12:16:26 AM »

Live not by the mistakes of yesterday, nor the fears of tomorrow, or else, "you miss today."
...this is the day the Lord has given, therefore, let us be glad and rejoice in it!

Everyday is a new day - jER
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:45:15 AM by jER »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.