bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Faith: a fruit of the spirit  (Read 5476 times)

roperfam

Faith: a fruit of the spirit
« on: March 17, 2006, 04:29:16 PM »

I just saw this today, faith is a fruit of the spirit.  

I always looked at faith as the means to how we access grace, and grace chastens us to live godly lives (produce in us through Christ fruit of the spirit).  

I never really saw faith as a fruit of the spirit.    So really, it could be said faith ----->  grace-------> faith

Gal 5:22  And the fruit of the Spirit is: Love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith,

Gal 5:23  meekness, temperance: against such there is no law;

rvhill

Re: Faith: a fruit of the spirit
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 04:44:51 PM »

Quote from: roperfam
I just saw this today, faith is a fruit of the spirit.  

I always looked at faith as the means to how we access grace, and grace chastens us to live godly lives (produce in us through Christ fruit of the spirit).  

I never really saw faith as a fruit of the spirit.    So really, it could be said faith ----->  grace-------> faith

From reading James I see deeds as a measurement of your faith in grace. If you do not hunger for a relationship with god, study the word of God, are are not trying to grow closer to God, and your actions do not mirror of athe ctions Jesus closer today then yesterday. I find I do not have to the time to question others faith in the grace of Jesus, simply, because I am to busy questioning mine own faith. Is my faith what it should be?

my grammmer sucks, theJloys of dyslexia

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 11:19:17 AM »

I can see how faith is a fruit of the Spirit, can a carnal mind truly have faith in God? Is it not the Spirit of God that drags us to Him? Isn't faith itself a spiritual thing? As we begin our journey, those very first baby steps in our walk are inspired and guided by the Spirit, that mustard seed of faith I see as a gift from and a fruit of the Spirit. Great thread here!

Joe

eutychus

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 12:30:12 PM »

everyone has faith, you have faith that the chair you sit in will hold you up.
you have faith the alarm clock will wake you :wink:

the faith that comes from above is different faith, is it not??

for not everyone has faith in CHRIST. it truley is a gift .

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge

And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness

And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ

the end result should always be LOVE :wink:

eutychus

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 12:42:33 PM »

Yes, faith in physical, carnal things is very different from faith in the spiritual things of our Lord, that type of faith can only come from His Spirit.

Joe

rvhill

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 04:00:15 PM »

Quote from: eutychus
everyone has faith, you have faith that the chair you sit in will hold you up.
you have faith the alarm clock will wake you :wink:

the faith that comes from above is different faith, is it not??

for not everyone has faith in CHRIST. it truley is a gift .

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge

And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness

And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ

the end result should always be LOVE :wink:

eutychus

I agree 100%

eutychus

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 04:19:18 PM »

i like these kinds of threads, thanks laren. and all :)

not because im agreed with, but because it is true fellowship in the word!!!

Psa 5:11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

eutychus. :roll:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.