bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats Left Unsaid?  (Read 4649 times)

mmjones76

Whats Left Unsaid?
« on: April 18, 2006, 10:30:29 PM »

First of all , no the counsel of Nicea did not determine the canon it was done by the apostles themselves.

God did not tell us to seek "other" gospels that could be hidden, when God Himself Has HIDDEN the secrets in the very books of the Bible we have in our living room.  That is where the hidden wisdom is, IN Jesus Christ (who is the Word).

Mike

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Whats Left Unsaid?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 11:05:47 PM »

First of all , no the counsel of Nicea did not determine the canon it was done by the apostles themselves.

I must respectfully disagree, some of the books where written after they were dead.

Craig :?

Harryfeat

Whats Left Unsaid?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 11:17:04 PM »

hello,

It is my understanding, [someone please correct any errors or misconceptions] that Constantine, through the political assemblage of bishops, established the basis for the Roman Catholic Church.  Having established the political hierarchy, he then commissioned a man to assemble authoritative written works to become the basis for its belief system.  The assembled written works were then voted on by a council of bishops and with some changes became the input for the bible.

There are certainly other notable works which I have read,  that are not contained in the bible. One must be careful in assessing the value of these works in the search for truth.

Though you bring up an interesting point about clarification and revelation outside the bible,  it is my belief that there is nothing outside the bible that will eventually reveal all, but perhaps except to clarify a point or two. If God meant it to be hidden, so it will be.

Sorry, I have no scripture to support my opinion.

feat

Joey Porter

Whats Left Unsaid?
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 11:31:48 PM »

I don't want to get too far off the subject, but I will say that I certainly believe all 66 books that we have in our bibles are divinely inspired (in their original language, of course).  And I would leave open the possibility that there may be other inspired writings buried somewhere.  

But I will say one thing...I have always had just a little itching suspision about some of the things written in Romans 13...

But I will just trust that it is inspired.

longhorn

Whats Left Unsaid?
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 12:26:06 AM »

While organized religion perceives Daniel Chapter 12 Verse 4( and knowledge shall increase) to mean "LITERAL" technological advancement, I believe it is refering to the spritual revelation knowledge being given to the select few"CHOSEN" i.e. Mike, Ray, and others.  When I  ponder out of the MILLIONS of christians in the world, You and I have been led here by divine intervention to share in the True Gospel of Christ that MOST of christiandom will not experience,,, I dont know about you, but I am humbled and get the chills all at the same time.

Love in Christ
Longhorn

bobf

Whats Left Unsaid?
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 12:56:14 AM »

Amazingly here is one of the verses the was sealed by Daniel 12:4 and therefore NOT to be understood.

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame
[and] everlasting contempt.[/list:u][/color][/b]
And later it was unsealed but ONLY for the few wise & purified.
    Daniel 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words
[are] closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.[/list:u][/color][/b]

So it is a fact that only a FEW understand Daniel 12:2
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.