bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: E-mails  (Read 4665 times)

seminole

E-mails
« on: July 19, 2007, 09:12:23 PM »

I was reading the e-mails and had a question. Some of the e-mails posted didn't seem to have much to beneft from in the reading.  I am still trying to figure out why Ray comes across as harsh. Before I get jumped about that, I understand he gets lots of e-mails and can't answer them all. I understand too that people do come across as harsh in their e-mails to him. Back to the original question though, it seems that some of the e-mails to Ray posted here on the forum are just to be able to say" he got them good, didn'y he?". I may be mis-reading this but any help , I appeciate.

Kat

Re: E-mails
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 10:12:58 PM »

Hi seminole,

I would say that most of what people think of as harshness from Ray, is simply correction.  When someone writes to him, if they falsely accuse him or use scripture wrongly, he will correct them.  He does not use a lot of flowery language and try to make it sound all sweet, he tell them like it is.  I guess that hurts peoples feelings.  They seem to be able to dish it out, but they can't take it, when he sets them straight.  Why are people so offended when he tells them the truth? 
I know Ray, he is not a harsh person.  People that think he is harsh, are simply misinterpreting his tone as harsh.  He can get intense when speaking about this truth, but even that is not harsh.
All I can think is people don't know him or they would know that he is not that way.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

GODSown1

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 11:13:42 PM »

coz da TRUTH Hurts sister Kat :) :D,
                                            U go gurl!! :D, U r right der only gettn back wot der r giving.
                                            muchLOVE!! Pera

seminole

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 12:34:26 PM »

Got you Kat. I guess the knowing a person only through the e-mails and forum it is hard to determine what the person is really like. Thanks, Nole

skydreamers

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 01:12:11 PM »

Hi Nole,

Have you had a chance to see or hear any of Ray's videos/audios?  I read most of his writings before I even knew he had audios.  But when I saw a couple of his videos I was able to put his expressions to life, and saw that he is a humble man, with passion and a great sense of humor!  Keep in mind, he's a roofer who didn't "train" in some bible school to become a scholar and speaker/writer.  I love that.  He's your "neighbor down the street" whom God choose to reveal His truths to.  I think that is so cool.  So I think he writes according to his personality and not by some set of "protocol" rules.

When I write, I have a tendency to think too much and proof read too much.  I come from a university background of English Literature and Languages, and so I have this pull to keep my sentences grammatically "proper" etc etc etc blah blah blah....I can tell you, I don't speak like this!!!  It's really weird.  You might meet me and think, "really, is that you?"  Not that I'm trying to be something I'm not on paper, or that I think I'm especially smart....but it's my "school days" coming back to haunt me.  It's the small part of my brain that thinks someone is going to "grade" me...(as if!)

I love the people on the forum like Pera, Janice and others who spontaneously write as they think and their wonderful personalities really shine through.  That is so great! 

So I guess my point is, your impressions of all of us may be quite different if we were all in a room together and engaging in natural conversation...

Peace and love to you,
Diana

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 06:17:48 PM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4996.0.html

Here is what Ray himself says!

COMMENT:  I get neither angry or frustrated.  The man needed to be shown the truth. ...........I would again say to this man exactly what I did. He needed to hear the truth of his hypocrisy.

To express THE TRUTH OF HIS HYPOCRISY....is the way to be Christ like. ;D More of us should be doing this!

Peace to you

Arcturus. :)

ez2u

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 12:08:24 PM »

skydreamer  thanks for putting into words the same experience that I had.  I thank God for your education.  Being able to communicate well is a blessing which I(have encouraged all of my 6 children to get.  It does save alot of misunderstanding. God has open up some truths to Ray and he has shard them.  We truth seekers do love that!!!!  ai thank God for His Truth and setting me free to beable to walk in what I know.  Know is a interesting word isn't it.  peggy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.