bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Luke 13:24  (Read 5043 times)

ciy

Luke 13:24
« on: July 22, 2007, 01:32:29 AM »

Here is a verse worth spending a lot of meditation on.  This looks like it is stepping it up a notch from "many are called and few are chosen" and is a second witness to the verse in Revelation saying "called, chosen, and faithful".

Lu 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many(of the few), I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

This verse gives me inspiration when things are going really bad to press on through realizing that it is going to be tough all the way till the end of things.  Do not be discouraged because Jesus is telling us it is going to be hard the whole way and you are going to be a peculiar person even among the peculiar.

God is with you.
CIY

gmik

Re: Luke 13:24
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 02:18:34 AM »

Yes, that is a sobering scripture!!

Striving (working out your own salvation?)   

Strait gate (Jesus? or what?)

Sometimes this verse sounds like we can do something about it when I know we can't.  Its like if I work hard enough or doing all the "right" things then I will enter in correctly.  But only a few will make it- even after all the striving.

More insight anyone?

LittleBear

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 06:52:14 PM »

That gate gets narrower all the time. There are many now that are seeking to enter in, but are still looking to the easy way.

Mtt 7:13 Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

You are right CIY, when things get tough, it is comforting to know that the Lord tells us that the way that leads to life is difficult. I know when things get tough, God is working in my life to refine me.

I like what you say, "...you are going to be a peculiar person even among the peculiar."

Isa 35:8 A highway shall be there, and a road, and it shall be called the Highway of Holiness. The unclean shall not pass over it, but it shall be for others. Whoever walks the road, although a fool, shall not go astray.

Yay! Such hope in that!

Ursula

ciy

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 10:19:21 PM »

Good Ursula

God's word is always encouraging us to look toward the future and to count each incident along the way as joy.  Never regretting because whatever you did in the past was caused by God to get you to the exact place you are at any given moment.  You are to walk in the will of God in the future. 

I believe we are always to exhort and encourage each other to press on.  To not look back into Egypt/Bablyon with longing or for comfort from the wilderness.  Stay in the wilderness realizing that God is with you.

We must realize that even we who have started along the strait way walking that narrow path must keep on pressing forward toward the mark set before us. We must overcome the world and not let the least bit of yeast into the tabernacle of our hearts.  If we keep an idol of the world in our midst it will eventually grow to a size that you cannot get it out. 

The following verses are more powerful verses reminding us of staying the course.

1Co 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

2Pe 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

Be vigilant and trust God not man.
CIY

LittleBear

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 03:35:53 PM »

You know, the more I think about it, I realize that this wilderness is going to last a very long time, and with good reason. We need to thank God for it, because when He shakes things up in our lives, it's a lot harder to think that we stand.

You realize (eventually) in that wilderness, that you have to depend on God and God alone to lead you and keep you where you need to be. He also reduces these idols of the heart until they will disappear. I think He does this with His elect now. I wonder if it is actually possible for the elect to keep these idols around. I don't think so. He will reveal them and bring them to nothing. Painful, but eventually glorious!

What I'm trying to say is that God works to keep us on course, but we too need to keep pressing forward.

May I say CIY, that you are a very good exhorter and encourager. You always have a good word of encouragement or comfort. Your words obviously come from being in a wilderness of your own, and because of that, you have great understanding. I thank God for you!

Love,

Ursula

ciy

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 03:50:39 PM »

God bless you Ursula

You are greatly encouraging me when I too need it.  God is awesome and His plan is sure.  I pray to God that we stray strong and courageous as He exhorted Joshua to do.  Then we too can walk into the promise land.

Thanks
CIY
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.