bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing incident at laudromat  (Read 10756 times)

Bradigans

Tithing incident at laudromat
« on: July 22, 2007, 02:03:59 AM »

I was at laudromat today with my anti - tithing shirt on today. It's a black shirt with big white embroidered words on the front that read, IS YOUR CHURCH REPRESENTING CHRIST?On the back in large white embroidered words it reads, DID JESUS EVER REQUIRE A TITHE?I have embroidered on the left sleeve Romans 10:4 and on the right sleeve Luke 16:16.

Anyway, a gentlemen approached me with his wife, and said look honey, read his shirt. She stated that she was a minister and all that of course. She went on to ask me what did my shirt mean. I asked her did Jesus ever require a tithe of any of His disciples? Read the gospels. Did any of His apostles ever mention anything about the Church Christ started ever requiring a tithe? Well, she went on with Malachi 3:10 (One of the prophet's) of course and then she said that Jesus said in Matthew 5:17 - Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.I told her that's exactly correct and that Donald trump after completing Trump Towers said the same thing, It's finished. Christ said in John 19:30 - It's finished (fulfilled). I told her that Jesus stated himself inMatthew 11:13 - For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

I really didn't feel led to go any further than this; especially, after she stated how she's been blessed through paying her tithes. I don't think being blessed means anything if what you're doing doesn't line up with THE WORD. I believe Satan will bless you if it means he can keep you in darkness in accordance to God's Word. Jesus said in John 16:33 -  In the world ye shall have tribulation.I've told God that whatever I do or don't do, I don't want to go along with tradition, but I want it to have the right nature behind it. Satan tries to shame us into doing things at times that our hearts are not ready for. I'm like Paul. Philippians 3:10-11 - That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. I don't want to pretend to be right through liturgy, ritual, creed, methods, tradition, political correctness, and any other gimmick. I truly want to be right through a rebirth and resurrection (St John 3:1-7). Galatians 5:5 - For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. It gets rough and I've been waiting so long it seems. But I know,  Romans 5:3-5 says - And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope: and hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.Acts 14:22 - Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

I've got a little reprive today, but keep me in you all prayers. It seems like lately i've been under attack from every angle. Not only from the outside, but from the deep inside also. Struggling with things I thought I had overcome.

gmik

Re: Tithing incident at laudromat
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 02:13:31 AM »

That shirt is a riot!!  You sure are brave.

Kidding aside, I will be praying for you!!

Bradigans

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 02:56:21 AM »

I have another one that reads on the front, RELIGION SPAWN'S HYPOCRITES, and on the back, JESUS SIMPLY SAID: GET A NEW HEART!!! John 3:5,6 is embroidered on the left sleeve and Matthew 23:25 is embroidered on the right sleeve.

I had them printed a few years ago. I go through these spells of feeling what I believe is Holy Spiritual fire. I do things that I wouldn't normally do. I have this boldness that comes on me from time to time. My whole perspective on things changes. I haven't really felt it in a while now. Actually, I hadn't worn them in a while, and i was feeling a little bit self conscious and awkward today when I did. It's amazing the boldness (uncharacteristic of me) i get when what I believe is THE SPIRIT comes on me.

I waiting for His next visitation. Maybe, He hasn't left, but is just doing a different work. i've been under severe testing (chastening) it seems lately. John 15:2 - Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.  

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 11:14:58 AM »

Hello Brandigans

You observe....i've been under severe testing (chastening) it seems lately.

OH! :D ;D...So you are a son of God! ;D 8)

I also like the T Shirts.....did you bump into any Muslims who objected?....Some how I do not think so. :)

Christianity is the throne room of Satan and perhaps only a Christian from Babylon could feel the tweak of rebuke if God willed it on them to so cause them to ask you what their conviction means that they feel when they read your shirt. :D ;) Perhaps God showed that gentleman and his wife into the laundry to show in the physical what He was starting to do for them in the spiritual!...cleaning them up!...

Thanks for sharing... :D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Bradigans

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 06:29:41 PM »

Hello Brandigans

You observe....i've been under severe testing (chastening) it seems lately.

OH! :D ;D...So you are a son of God! ;D 8)

I also like the T Shirts.....did you bump into any Muslims who objected?....Some how I do not think so. :)

Christianity is the throne room of Satan and perhaps only a Christian from Babylon could feel the tweak of rebuke if God willed it on them to so cause them to ask you what their conviction means that they feel when they read your shirt. :D ;) Perhaps God showed that gentleman and his wife into the laundry to show in the physical what He was starting to do for them in the spiritual!...cleaning them up!...

Thanks for sharing... :D

Peace to you

I hope that I'm a son of God. It's not easy though. I hold on to the verse Hebrews 11:6 of God being a rewarder of them that diligently seek him when really it's Him doing the drawing (dragging).

Anyway, I have bumped into some muslims. Some comment after reading my shirts. Listening to them, they have some serious contempt of what we call church here. I get the impression, they're not too impressed with the organized church systems in America. One said, it surely doesn't represent Christ's teachings. I had to say amen to that.

On occasion, I've worn these shirts to work also. I have a cap that I wore that reads Christ is my head. A preacher I knew from Babylon patronizingly asked me, "what are you, a walking billboard." He went on to state that people might construe me as offensive, and that representing Christ needs tact. The comments I got that day were something else. But now there's a few others being a lot more bold. My theme that day was, i don't care about your church, IS THE CHRIST OF THE BIBLE YOUR HEAD? Why are you paying a tithe when Christ never charged any of His disciples? I was also laying out correspondence that went into a little bit of depth with scripture, DID JESUS EVER REQUIRE A TITHE? This was about a year ago when being I believe IN DEEP SPIRIT. I taped it on a couple of church's (including my old church) front doors. That fire was something else. I love it, because my whole perspective changes, and the boldness...

Anyway, that job ended up banning me (d.n.r.ing) do not returning me a few months later for something else that was trivial. I found out that there are a few others taking a stand and wearing the shirts that they had requested. Now that I think of it, I've been d.n.r.ed (do not return) from a few places. I just want to feel THE SPIRIT, but have found that it's not something I can work up.

Well, I don't want this to get tedious. Keep me in your prayers... I've been a hermit for some time lately. I've kind of been ostracized as a nut I guess. I just don't fit in anymore because of my conversation. Lately, I've been trying to hide it, but it comes out anyway.       

seminole

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 06:42:50 PM »

If you don't want to tithe , don't tithe. if someone else does , they will. If you want to wear your t-shirts , wear them. You may get some flack but it is a chance you take.
As for Jesus and the disciples, they had to eat. I don't know for sure but I would imagine people gave food and shelter to them simply because they wanted to. It wasn't a direct order but a desire of their heart. They were human just like us and had to have the physical needs met.

UncleBeau

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 01:35:50 PM »

I need a shirt like that! I wonder if someone could make a short outline of Ray's paper on tithing and put THAT on a t-shirt! That'd be a pretty busy t-shirt.  :o

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 05:42:00 PM »

LOL Uncle Beau.... :D ;D

You'd probably get shot! ;D :D

Brandigans

Here is something for you.

Are we not sons and daughters of man? Jesus too was a Son of Man and He observed that He had nowhere to lay His head. As we come out of Babylon we can see that Babylons House is left desolate of truth, bankrupt of honesty filled with the disease of hypocrisy and carnage of making merchandise of Gods word.

Outside of this corruption of soul mind and body that infects Babylon as a plague and virus friendly contamination pool, the called out ones have, as Jesus, no where to lay our heads but on HIS breast of compassion and understanding.

Peace be to you

seminole

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 06:58:38 PM »

I got a question. So I think that pretty much every one here doesn't attend a church. Right? If you have a bible study in your home you still have to pay the power bill, water bill,etc. Suppose a person who attends your Bible Study offers to pay a portion of the bill since you are supplying the place? Are they wrong? Is that not giving an offering?

ciy

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 07:04:40 PM »

No Nole, you are not wrong to support where you are being fed.  Ray speaks to this in his article on tithing.  Supporting out of your heart is different from feeling one has to give 10% or they are robbing God.  Just like there is nothing wrong with one sending money to Ray to help pay for the expense of keeping this website up so we can all fellowship. 
CIY

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 07:06:44 PM »

Right CIY

Quote from Ray's paper on Tithing: http://www.bible-truths.com/tithing.html

GIVING VERSUS TITHING

Do any of these Scripture references quoted above regarding voluntary giving, have anything to do with "tithing?" Absolutely not. Notice what the definition of Christian tithing is:

"tithe (tith) n. 1a. A tenth part of one’s annual income contributed voluntarily or due as a tax, esp. for the support of the clergy or church." (The American Heritage College Dictionary, p. 1444).

Tithing was commanded by the LAW.

Giving is voluntary from the HEART.

and there is MUCH more!!

Peace to you

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 07:11:22 PM »

Hi Nole,

Although it is a great gesture to offer some help (by guests) in paying for any utilities or refreshments when hosting a study it is not something we have required in our own informal get togethers.

I know that at Ray's house when he invited everyone to come to his home for fellowship at the Mobile Conference his wife graciously prepared an incredibly satisfying supper and there was no hint of any desire on his part of collecting anything to cover the cost.

We have hosted and been a guest at some studies here in Tampa and when the subject came up we came to the conclusion that it would be a better thing to give a little extra to the waiters and waitresses who may serve us when we dine out or to the poor unfortunate person on the side of the road asking for a handout. There is no directive in this regard other than help when you can when you can perceive a need for it.

His Peace to you,

Joe

seminole

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 09:23:58 PM »

Oh yeah, I got you. I didn't mean it was a requirement or nothing just something one would do because they want to.

Bradigans

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 12:51:01 AM »

I got a question. So I think that pretty much every one here doesn't attend a church. Right?

I'm quite often asked this question. My usual reply is, "i'm hopeful that I am THE CHURCH, or better put, a lively stone in it."

1 Peter 2:5 - Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Dean Peterman

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 03:28:07 PM »

Great story

Bradigans

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2007, 11:53:36 PM »

I use to get so offended because of folks strong will determination to tithe even after presented with the scriptures. Jesus did say in John 10:27- My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.John 10:5 - And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.I am also learning that it only by grace that ye are saved through faith and if you're a part of the called and elect, it's no merit of your own. Before Jesus even said it was finished, it was already done before the foundation of the world. If you are His sheep, it's only because of His grace.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 03:23:26 PM »

To add:

He chooses us. We can not will not and don't want to choose Him that's why we get dragged! ;D

Peace to you

Bradigans

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 09:12:18 PM »

To add:

He chooses us. We can not will not and don't want to choose Him that's why we get dragged! ;D

Peace to you

Amen! I still try to have my own agenda at times, and He thwarts it off somehow. I thought it was coincidence, but it happens time after time after time. It's amazing, though it gets frustrating to me. We indeed have to be dragged. I think it's like He told Paul in Acts 9:5 - It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.I know that if I'm His child, it's not because of anything in me. I'll rationalize in a minute, and have been rationalizing all my life. I'm hopeful to get over this sickness someday. I can still feel its plague within me. It's hell alone denying oneself. It's probably not me, but Him in me I hope. But it's still hellish. We do indeed have a cross to bear. This world doesn't make it easy either. 

Sorin

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007, 10:29:37 AM »

Quote from: Arcturus
.....did you bump into any Muslims who objected?

Why would they object? They don't care about the bible, and what it says in there; tithe don't tithe. It's a who cares for them.
However, try making a drawing/cartoon of Terrorist-Pedophile False Prophet Mohammed and watch how crazy they get, and start killing
and blowing things up.

Quote from: Arcturus
Christianity is the throne room of Satan

I disagree with you there. I believe Islam is.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2007, 03:27:49 PM »

Hello Bradigans

That scripture you posted also translates as follows : And Saul said, Who are You Lord? And He said, I am Jesus, Whom you are persecuting.

I find it interesting that Ray notes in LOF part 15, the following : Where does all power in heaven and earth come from? "…from ABOVE." Therefore, man is subject to the power that enables him to do things, and as we have already seen, man has no power to do anything except what God has already determined that he WILL DO, and MUST DO.

I think this shows just how powerful God is and that truly we should rever HIM because He is the author of our faith and HE puts us through what He sees we require to perfect and purify us!

I enjoyed contemplating that scripture you posted Brandigans.

Sorin : Here is the truth. about the throne room of Satan. As for Islam, they too believe in Hell. "Muslims believe that after facing the Judgment of Allah (God), people will be either admitted to Heaven by His mercy, or entered into Hell by His justice."

To quote Ray's teaching :

Now then, as the false apostles, and lying Jews, and synagogue of Satan are all located in the Church, where do you suppose we would find Satan’s throne, and Satan’s dwelling place to be located? Yes, that’s right: In the Church. Here is the Scriptural proof found in the messages to the church at Smyrna and Pergamos:

"Fear none of those things which you shall suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison…" (Rev. 2:10).

"I know your works and where you dwell, even where [the same place where] Satan’s seat [Greek: throne] is… were Satan [also] dwells" (Rev. 2:13).

Satan cannot imprison members of the Church unless Satan is in the Church. His throne is in the Church. His dwelling place is in the Church.. His synagogue is in the Church.

And think not that Satan merely makes an occasional visit to the Church. No, Satan is permanently in the Church until God removes him. The Greek word from which the translators give us "dwelleth" in the KJV is kataoideo, and it’s meaning is: "To house permanently" (Strong’s Greek Dictionary, page 136). Satan not only has his false apostles in the Church, and his congregation of unconverted lying Jews in the Church, and his synagogue in the Church, and his very throne in the Church, but Satan himself dwells permanently in the Church.

More details are on this link : http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html

Peace to you

« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 03:30:03 PM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.