bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ??  (Read 4410 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
??
« on: July 23, 2007, 08:36:45 PM »

Wow. Where do they come from?
Ray

Subject: Lesson #2 from NIV
    Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007
    El Ray,

Who am I?  I am a chosen one.

God's Will is perfect!  God is Sovereign!  I do not have free will.

I use the NIV (according to you, the New Imperfect Version) of the Bible.  God has willed it.  He knew that I would have it long before I had it.  He knows what is in it - flaws and all.  He knew what would be in before it existed - including the imperfections you want to ascribe to it and yet He has willed it to be so.  As you are want to do, I say to you, Why is that?  Is God playing games with me?  Is this a joke?  I think not.  Perfect will is perfect!

He knows that I don't know Greek.  That I will never know Greek.  I don't have the ability to know Greek.  I don't have the money to know Greek.  Yet He has chosen me.  Why is that?  I'm sure I don't know but he did.  And He has allowed me a certain amount of intellect - to read and understand some of His teachings - but not in the Greek.  I wonder why?

The Greek language is of long ago.  Most of the people of the world don't know Greek.  God knows that.  It's His perfect will that it is that way.  But He has provided.  We have translations today that allow most people of the world to read His Word.  It is His perfect will that this is so.

We did not catch Him off guard with these versions of the Bible.  It is His perfect will.  He made them easier to read, so that more people can know His will, His commandments and most of all His Son, Jesus!  It would appear that you don't think much of the versions God has given to His "chosen ones".  And it would appear that you hold the rest of us to be inferior because of it.  That's OK because that's all God's Will too.  You haven't surprised Him with your writings or your provocative assertions.  Many of which have really obvious flaws - proven by other verses of Scripture you either don't know or overlooked or . . . they did not suit your argument.

You ask at many times and in many places - Why would God . . . ?  And then in one of your papers, you give yourself the answer from Is 55:8-9.  But you continue on unphased by the reality of that answer.  The "eternal" (if God is not "eternal, what is He?) WHY question that can only be answered by God.  And He has answered it time and time again - but most people won't accept it.  There is and always will only be one answer.  You and your Greek should know the answer, but I don't see it anywhere in your writings.  That makes me wonder - why?  I'm sure you will attribute it to my NIV, but the answer seems to be common to all translations.

Let's look at some instances from my NIV.  I know you'll cringe at that but God knew you would - it's His Will.  I like to look at "stories" in the Scripture and their overall implication - not just a "word".  Anyway, in the Gospel of Matthew there is the story about John the Baptist.  You talk in your papers somewhere about being saved by a "20 second" prayer - that it just can't happen.  Why is that?  John was baptizing in the Jordan - the implication being that they were saved.  Maybe not a 20 second prayer but not much time had elapsed.

And then, in Luke 23:39-43 is the story of the thieves on the cross beside Jesus.  One insulted Jesus.  The other asked for Jesus to to remember him when He came into His Kingdom.  What did Jesus say in response?  In case you don't remember that story (since you didn't use it your argument), the operative word was "TODAY" you shall be with me in paradise."  How long did that take?  What love!  What compassion!  Apparently, all the thief did was ask.

But that is keeping with other Scripture - for instance - in Joel 2:32 - "And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the Lord has said, among the survivors whom the Lord calls."  Not everyone will call.  But those that do get saved.  An interesting precedent don't you think?

Finally, on this subject, there is the story back in Matthew 20:1-16 about the worker in the vineyard being hired and receiving the same wage no matter what hour of the day they are hired.  The guy who got hired in the eleventh hour is interesting.  The implication being a "short" time and yet he received the same wage as those that had been working all day.  The time frame of this "parable" for the laborer was 1 hour.  Still not 20 seconds but short just the same.

As you have so aptly put it, and I agree, it begins with God - not with us.  It is His call!  But that call can come at any time and He has the prowler to make it happen in the "twinkling of an eye" if He chooses.

In Christ,
    Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.