bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Law of Moses  (Read 5227 times)

seminole

Law of Moses
« on: July 25, 2007, 10:23:38 PM »

I was reading in the e-mail section and wondered what the law was before Moses?

musicman

Re: Law of Moses
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 11:34:53 PM »

Don't eat of the Tree of The Knowledge of Good and Evil!!!!  Oh my god, she ate it.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 01:36:48 AM »

Romans 5:13-14 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Not sure if that was relavent but it seems to deal with what you are asking, not completely but gives us an understanding of even though there was no written law, death still reigned.

chuckt

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 09:04:47 AM »

Gal 3:19 Wherefore then [serveth] the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; [and it was] ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator

seminole

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 01:23:27 PM »

So the law or maybe judgement(?) was put into place at the eating from the tree? I don't guess there was a need until tht happened. I wonder if it was God's Holy plan that Adam and Eve be without sin. Did He put the tree there because He was giving them a choice to follow His command or because He knew they would not mind anyway and it was a symbolic thing? Now I am mixing my ownself up!

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 01:29:49 PM »

I wonder if it was God's Holy plan that Adam and Eve be without sin.

Yes Nole that's it.  It was God's holy plan for them not to sin , but dagnabit they did it anyway.  God never gets his way. ;) (that was my attempt at sacrcasm, by the way) ;D

I'm not picking on you Nole, because that is what is being taught in churches everywhere.  But really look at this and the hundreds of scriptures that says God will always have his way.  Now doesn't that statement sound ridiculous?  However, go to a church or listen to a preacher tell people this junk.  Just remember to check your brain at the door, and don't question them.

Craig

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 01:44:54 PM »

Hi Nole,

Here is an e-mail where Ray addresses this topic of Adam and Eve, there are also numerous references to this subject throughout the articles.

Dear [omitted],

Thank you for your email and comments. And let me parrot your sentiments by saying: "I pray this will not upset YOU" what I have to say in response to your email. While I can certainly appreciate some of the statement you make, nonetheless, the premise of your email is in error.

You state: "What they had [Adam and Eve], I can only dream of having. They knew what good is without evil, good in it's purest form!"

Well, if what you want is what Adam and Eve had BEFORE they ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, then I have news for you:  You can stop dreaming.  You REALLY DO ALREADY HAVE what they had!!  That's right! Your ALREADY possess what they HAD! I have it too! But I am not as thrilled over this possession as much as you seem to think you would be if only you had it. You do have it, I have it, Hitler had it, Saddam STILL has it, in his jail cell in Iraq. ALL MANKIND HAS IT. It's called "THE CARNAL MIND," and it's not a pretty thing either: "For to be CARNALLY MINDED is DEATH; but to be spiritually minded is LIFE and PEACE.

Adam and Eve did not eat of the forbidden tree and disobey God because they were "spiritually minded" or because, "they knew what good is without knowing evil, good in it's purest form" as you suggest. THEY WERE TOTALLY CARNAL. The were 'NAKED'--This was not just a physical fact, it was a SPIRITUAL REALITY. They were spiritually NAKED just as everyone else who thinks they have sufficient spirituality to live righteously by their own carnal mind:

"Because you say, I am rich and increased with goods [they owned all in the garden; it was ALL FOR THEM] and have need of NOTHING [how could they have need of anything if they already possessed, "good in it's PUREST FORM' as you suggest? But there's was a problem with Adam and Eve just as there is with ALL OF US. We DO NOT possess proper knowledge {without the tree of the knowledge of good and evil}, and therefore we like Laodicea...] ... and KNOW NOT  that you are WRETCHED, and MISERABLE, and POOR, and BLIND, and [SPIRITUALLY] NAKED" (Rev. 3:17)!!!

If they already knew good (inside of their very spirit and innermost being), good in it's PUREST FORM, then how could ANYTHING, influence, persuade, cause, or MAKE them manifest the root causes of EVERY SIN ON EARTH?  Notice it carefully:

"And when the woman [1] SAW THAT THE TREE WAS GOOD FOR FOOD [lust of the flesh], and that it was [2] PLEASANT TO THE EYES [lust of the eyes], and a tree to be [3] DESIRED TO MAKE ONE WISE [pride of life], she TOOK [stole, disobeyed, lusted after the flesh, put an idol before God, worshiped her own presumed but false goodness, helped cause her husband to sin, hid themselves, LIED to God about it, tried to pass the buck and blame others for their sin, etc., etc., etc., and a dozen other sins] of the fruit thereof, and did eat..." (Gen. 3:6).

And so, were Adam and Eve REALLY "good without knowing evil?"  Did they really have "good in it's PUREST FORM?" Or did Eve having nothing but a spiritually naked and carnal mind that did NOT possess the love of God in any way, shape or form?  Let the Scriptures answer. Notice what Eve did:

Lusted with her FLESH, wanting to EAT the forbidden fruit.
Lusted with here EYES, because it seemed so pleasant to her carnal mind.
Was filled with PRIDE, desiring worldly WISDOM.
Now let's compare Eve's sin with what John tells us are the three root CAUSES OF ALL SIN:

"Love not the world, neither the things are are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is NOT IN HIM.  For [here's the reason why] ALL that is in the world, [1] the LUST OF THE FLESH, and [2] the LUST OF THE EYES, and [3] the PRIDE OF LIFE, is not of the Father, but is of the world" (I John 2:15-16).

There we have the exact three sins of Eve!  And I assure you on the authority of Jesus Christ and the Word of God that these are NOT, 'good in it's purest form.' We must all be CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST and then be CLOTHED WITH HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, before we will have even a hint of "good in it's purest form."

There is no knowledge of good without a knowledge of evil! That is WHY God put both good AND evil IN THE SAME TREE; IN THE SAME FRUIT.!!

God be with you,

Ray

Remember this;

Rom 8:20  For the creature (that's us) was made subject (subordinate, reflexively to obey) to vanity (moral depravity), not willingly, (no free will here) but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope (of being raised incorruptable and immortal),

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 01:48:52 PM by hillsbororiver »

seminole

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 02:24:03 PM »

Well, I thought I was starting to undestand something but now I don't know. I will have to re-read and study and do a lot of thinking. Thanks

chuckt

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 02:26:32 PM »

So the law or maybe judgement(?) was put into place at the eating from the tree? I don't guess there was a need until tht happened. I wonder if it was God's Holy plan that Adam and Eve be without sin. Did He put the tree there because He was giving them a choice to follow His command or because He knew they would not mind anyway and it was a symbolic thing? Now I am mixing my ownself up!

HI.
God saying dont eat was the  command God new they would eat if God had said nothing and they ate what then?

from day one they where naked and need to be clothed with christ!!

created naked

naked:

Ge 2:25
And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed

root word:
aram TWOT - 1698
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
aw-ram' Verb

Definition
to be subtle, be shrewd, be crafty, beware, take crafty counsel, be prudent
(Qal) to be crafty, be subtle (Hiphil) to be crafty, be or become shrewd

WHO DID EVE TAKE CRAFTY COUNSEL FROM?? A TALKING SNAKE?? ;-[

Ge 3:1
Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

aruwm TWOT - 1698c
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
aw-room' Adjective

Definition
subtle, shrewd, crafty, sly, sensible
crafty shrewd, sensible, prudent

Dean Peterman

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 03:31:14 PM »

Good question Nole.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.