bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Similar?  (Read 5592 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Similar?
« on: July 26, 2007, 07:35:35 PM »

Hello Ray,

Thank you. I recall reading some of your thoughts a few months ago and thinking, "At least someone is posting on the internet the fact - At that time all will be deceived."

Recently I was lifted by the teachings that God has given you wisdom and insight to teach.

They remind me of 20 years ago when I went to 'the' worldwide church of God.

My wife at the time was instructed that King Solomon granted divorce to those (in that time) that did not live in peace. Because I questioned the validity of 'the church' (and she was now a baptized member and saved forever and ever) she then had immediate reason to divorce me. We both know what happened a couple years later... 'The' church went under some renovation and proclaimed, "We were wrong, sorry." They also changed their stance on many things including food laws, holidays, etc.

Ah... too late.

Interestingly enough I, like you, can't fathom going to a building called a church where people continue the various lies that have plagued us. I have notice some similarities to the teachings of Armstrong in your writings, though. Just between you, me and the gatepost... did you ever study along these lines or was it coincidence?

Sincerely,
Kelly

Dear Kelly:  What "similarities" might those be?
Sincerely,
Ray

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Similar?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 07:37:20 PM »

Thoughts on the Trinity. They refused that idea. The coming of the ages: All are dead (asleep) until resurected. None are in heaven except God and the son. All will be saved.

Dear Kelly:  I will COMMENT..........

"Thoughts on the Trinity.  They refused that idea."

COMMENT:  That is not a doctrine originating with Herbert Armstrong.  There are many Christian churches which do not accept the trinity, but that does not make them Armstrongites.  The Christadelphians reject the trinity. Jehovah's Witnesses reject the trinity.  Are they Armstrongites or did they borrow that teaching from Armstrong?  They were here long before Armstrong. But Armstrong taught that Jesus is eternal. That is not Scriptural (See my Conference Study from Nashville on our Forum).  It is not enough to ask what someone doesn't believe without asking what they believe in its place. I certain don't follow Armstrong or the Christadelphians or the Jehovah's Witnesses on this subject.

"The coming ages."

COMMENT:  I have not a clue as to what that "doctrine" might be. I certainly learned nothing from Armstrong about "coming ages."

"All are dead (asleep) until resurrected. None are in heaven except God and the son."

COMMENT:  Yes, the dead are asleep until resurrected and are not in heaven, but how is it that Armstrong has a corner on this truth? It has been in the Scriptures for 2000 years. Again, other churches like the Jehovah's Witnesses believe the dead are in their graves until resurrection, and I am sure they didn't get it from Armstrong.

"All will be saved."

COMMENT:  Armstrong absolutely did NOT teach the salvation of all. He, like the Jehovah's Witnesses and other taught that many will be burned alived and annihilated for all eternity in the lake of literal fire. I don't believe or teach any such unscriptural nonsense.

God be with you,

Ray
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 07:42:35 PM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.