bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Poll

Why does some people suffer on this earth more than others  and.....

all read
- 1 (33.3%)
all reply
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suffering  (Read 33441 times)

ciy

Re: Suffering
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2007, 02:31:23 PM »

Joe
I believe these following  verses from 2 Peter 1:2-4 speak to what you just posted and to MG's testimony.  It is through the deep, intimate knowledge of God that we are able to realize what evil and good in this age really are and then give us the ability to overcome or rise above what the world through its lustful knowledge thinks what are good and evil. 

It is knowing God and His plan for us that we will receive peace in any situation.

2Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
 3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: {to: or, by}
 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

We really are to count it all joy.  And when that old man in us is completely dead and gone, that new man in us will jump for joy and rejoice.  Be strong, courageous, patient, and wait on the Lord.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
CIY

YellowStone

« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2007, 02:34:49 PM »

Rodger, I post the following in an edifying way out of love for the Truth.

What"s this !    What is this !!    :o  :o

The   "Take out the "i", "Me" comedy skit got deleted. That was a classic one.  :D ;D

I had people lining up to read it cause they did not believe it was really ever posted......whimper....now like the big-foot hoax it will become legend. tsk........tsk....... ;)

green eggs and ham
Rodger

Ps  upset me.....lol by far you made my week...... :D  ;D  :D  " take the " i " and " me "  out of yadda yadda yadda....." a classic. ;D :D

Actually, Rodger, I am saddened that I have made your day out of a sincere post. :(

I wrote in an edifyling manner the following (so that there can be no confusion)
Hi Rodger, :)

I sure am glad God reads hearts and knows mine.  ::)

Clearly I have upset you and that was never my intention.

Rom 14:19 Trust Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Love in Christ
Darren

Yet, you laugh, laud and ridcule me. It is I who am being persecuted for the truth, by you.

I can't help wonder who of Christs disciples spoke like you did and so enjoy doing. Was it Peter, Nah! how abour Andrew or Luke? Not likely, not even Judas spoke in this way. Oh must have been Paul, or was it Timothy? Funny how there is no mention of it. But you feel that you are justified to mock and ridcule, yet you totally ignored and laughed at the Scripture I posted.

Rom 14:19 Trust Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

I would ask you, no implore you to remember one thing before you again type a single letter in a harsh response. Not one person is here of their own violation, but rather by the dragging of God. Are we all not brothers and sisters?

All of this, mocking and laughter and hysterics, (who are you feeding) because I simple suggested that you were WRONG in your statement that God answers a plea or prayer for understanding, as in: "Please God help me understand, why all the suffering" with a BECAUSE YOU ARE AND I AM.

I have never heard anything so spiritually untrue in all my years in this forum.

And here is my SPIRITUAL WITNESS, Christ himself.

Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 

Mar 6:23 And he sware unto her, Whatsoever thou shalt ask of me, I will give [it] thee, unto the half of my kingdom.

Luk 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

Jhn 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 

Jhn 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Jhn 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give [it] you.

NEVER ONCE DOES IT MENTION: "Because you are and I AM" Why? Could it be because it is SPIRITUALLY untrue!

I have seen nothing edifying or uplifting in your responses to me. You attacked me personally, well you tried, but actually you attacked the Spirit of God. Rodger, when you let go and trust God completely and utterly, the "I" fades to NOTHING. Who am I, if God is within me.

Paul explains this very well.

Gal 2:20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.    

I post the following for your consideration

Mat 7:18  A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Mat 7:19  Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Mat 7:20  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Please look very deep in side your heart and see if anything I have posted is untrue.

Love to you always in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 03:01:59 PM by YellowStone »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2007, 03:13:35 PM »

This thread has been an interesting and informative (in more ways than a first read may indicate) but alas it is time to move on, the topic of "Suffering" has been covered thoroughly and is splintering into 4 or 5 threads simultaneously under one title.

If you desire to start other threads more specific to the topic of interest you are now persuing in this one please feel free to do so.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.