bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Big Why?  (Read 4302 times)

Beloved

The Big Why?
« on: July 28, 2007, 07:45:57 PM »

I do not start topics very often except for a few attempts praise sing alongs but after reading the BT board and writing a post to the topic on suffering it made me think about our questions on things ... like little kids we are always aking ...Why?

Then the more and more I thought about it the more it suddenly became crystal clear and obvious .........the only reason we and everyone before us were created was........ for God's Glory"

Throughout the Bible every story shows this  

(Isa 43:1 KJVR)  But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

(Isa 43:2 KJVR)  When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

(Isa 43:3 KJVR)  For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Savior: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

(Isa 43:4 KJVR)  Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honorable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.

(Isa 43:5 KJVR)  Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;

(Isa 43:6 KJVR)  I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;

(Isa 43:7 KJVR)  Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for MY GLORY, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

Everything that jesus did demonstates this

(Joh 17:1 KJVR)  These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

(Joh 17:2 KJVR)  As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

(Joh 17:3 KJVR)  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

(Joh 17:4 KJVR)  I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

(Joh 17:5 KJVR)  And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

(Joh 17:6 KJVR)  I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

(Joh 17:7 KJVR)  Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

WOW WOW WOW

The word Glory has been trivilaized by man over time. It really is a hard word to define and a concept that the meat that lives in our tiny skulls can barely grasp. It is not just some big shiny thing ....it encompasses all of God Attributes.

I know His thoughts are higher than mine but now I am beginning to look at everything in this light.... and seeing more and more of this in scriptures and your testimonies.  How about you ?

Beloved  
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 01:25:52 PM by Beloved »

DuluthGA

Re: The Big Why?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 11:36:52 PM »

Thanks, good ones, Beloved!!  Here's another WOW WOW one:

2Pet 1: 16-18   We told you about the time our Lord Jesus Christ came with POWER.  But we didn't make up stories when we told you about it. With our own eyes we saw him in ALL HIS MAJESTY. God the Father gave him HONOR AND GLORY. The VOICE of the MAJESTIC GLORY came to him. It said, "This is my Son, and I love him. I am very pleased with him."  We ourselves heard the VOICE THAT CAME FROM HEAVEN. We were with him on the sacred mountain. [NIRV]

[Note to readers:  The NIRV is a paraphrased version.]

Beloved, I know what you mean... the fact that "God is God" blows my mind, and the fact that He gave us this "instruction manual from His factory"   ;) [Bible] so we could begin to fathom it all with His given understanding.... again...

THREE WOWS!  :) :) :)

With joy, Janice
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 12:21:59 AM by DuluthGA »

DuluthGA

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 01:08:17 AM »

Hi... another WOW that I just found and wasn't even looking for it... I copied and printed out Psalm 96 that someone suggested I read.  Here are verses 7 and 8...

V. 7   Give unto the Lord, O ye kindreds of the people, give unto the Lord glory and strength.
V.8a  Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name:

I think 'giving Him glory' doesn't actually mean giving Him literal glory; I think it's a way of saying 'worship' or 'praise' Him or perhaps it indicates we are to relect His glory back to Him!

Neat!

Joy again, Janice

Harryfeat

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 11:43:42 AM »

Hey Beloved and Janice,

What a beautiful set of passages!  Giving glory to God has always meant to me a giving of your ultimate praise and honor to our Maker. What wonderful ways it is portrayed in our bible translations. "glory, glory, hallelujah, His truth is marching on" 

Thanks for sharing these
feat

dogcombat

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 09:52:47 AM »

Timely thread. 

Thanks
Ches

iris

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 10:35:28 PM »

Beloved,

Those are great scriptures.
Thanks for sharing.

Iris

Seraphim

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 08:53:18 AM »

Holy Holy Holy - Glory to God. I look around at nature and I see your awesome beauty. May we join our hearts together and sing to thee our Lord Jehovah. Holy Holy Holy, great is your glory. Let us sing forever to the boundless being you are - who watches over us with compassion - even when we are naughty. Holy Holy Holy - Glory to God. Let my heart burn for you to all eternity - brighter and brighter, for ever and forever, Amen!

Love Seraphim :-*

gmik

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 01:05:04 AM »

I just reread this beeeeyooooootiful thread and now am gonna go outside and praise Him by watching the stars.

Good Nite!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 17 queries.