bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Numbers Chapter 33  (Read 6549 times)

ciy

Numbers Chapter 33
« on: July 29, 2007, 03:11:55 PM »

This is a great chapter when you can see that it is a blueprint or step by step replay of the chosen's life after they come out of Egypt go into the wilderness and then into the promise land.  It is interesting how they come out of Egypt under the hand of Moses and Aaron (v1).  Then they go to the edge of the wilderness (v6).  And finally they go into the wilderness (v8).  After that it is descriptive of the places they go like the in Elim the 12 fountains and 70 palm trees or in verse 11 "in the wilderness of Sin."  Then after verse 15 where it says "wilderness of Sinai" there is no more description of places until verse 36 where they reach Kadesh in the wilderness of Zin.  Then the old man Aaron dies and the spirit man Moses leads them to the "land of their inheritance".

This is a great shadow of the journey of the chosen.  And the last 2 verses warn us that if we are not faithful to the end and do all that God tells us to do, then He will do to us the same as the rest of the world.

Great encouragement in the truth.
CIY
PS - Interesting that in verse 45 they do not depart from the place they pitched in verse 44.  As far as I can tell the only time in this chapter that this happens.

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Numbers Chapter 33
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 04:01:54 PM »

Thank you for sharing ciy

1 Cor 10:11 Now these things befell them by way of a figure as an example and warning to us; they were written to admonish and fit us for right action by good instruction, we in whose days the ages have reached their climax, their consummation and concluding period.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 05:50:04 PM »

Hello ciy,

The OT is so full of types and shadows of Christ and His elect, it is really amazing that so few are able to see this, but we know the reason why and it has nothing to do with any effort on our part.

These examples Arcturus spoke of in the verse she quoted caused me to remember a thread we had a while back about how the elect possibly are also represented in some of the Temple sacrifices, maybe even the tithe was a shadow of the "many called, few chosen, firstfruits, 144,000, etc. Of course the sacrifices as a whole pointed to our Lord Jesus Christ but we are baptized into His death are we not? His death is, was, will be the perfect all encompassing sacrifice and the willing, "dying to the flesh daily" people are also not only performing a sacrifice but are presenting themselves a living sacrifice!

Rom 12:1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

There is more I could add to this but I will try to keep it short.......  ;) 

Exo 3:18  And they shall hearken to thy voice: and thou shalt come, thou and the elders of Israel, unto the king of Egypt, and ye shall say unto him, The LORD God of the Hebrews hath met with us: and now let us go, we beseech thee, three days' journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God.

Does it seem as if the wilderness experience (what we have in our individual lives) is the sacrifice being spiritually alluded to here?

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

ciy

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 06:07:59 PM »

I believe so Joe. 

We are judged in that wilderness experience here in this age until we come to the point that Joshua and Caleb came to so that we believe God and not our worldly eyes and ears.

It is amazing how the plan, the shadow of Christ, etc is through out the bible.  I see Moses, who was learned in all the wisdom of Egypt, kill the Egyptian (was that the beast man, the Egyptian in him) and then flee to the wilderness where he came to know God.  Then like the scapegoat came back to Egypt to lead the chosen few out of Egypt into the wilderness so that they can inherit the promise of God.  Like our beast man being Egypt and that still small voice inside of us is the chosen Israel that has to come out of Egypt through many trials (plagues) until the physical forces of Egypt are killed by the water (word) and then we go on to our trials until spiritual Egypt is finally wiped out of our heads and we can go into the promise land and take it.

God has given us an awesome plan.  Thank God that he reveals it.
CIY

LittleBear

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 09:08:39 PM »

You know, I remember being on the edge of the wilderness (verse 6). This is when I was out of the church, and looking and examining different ideas, and God showed me His truths at BT and other places. I realized that God chastises those He loves in order to mature them into strong sons and daughters, and that if you are chosen of God, He will lead you into places that will test and try you and God will sift you and refine you and it will hurt.

It seemed I was looking down on this wilderness from my comfortable place. I was in a state of euphoria from the things God was showing me, but I also knew deep within that my life would change and a time of refinement was at hand. God certainly didn't need my permission, but I remember accepting it. I think that was when I stepped off the edge and started my journey into the wilderness. That was about a year and a half ago, and I've had one thing after another "go wrong" in my life.

Even in the wilderness there are times of refreshing though. Like the twelve springs of water and the palm trees where you can camp out sometimes.

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 01:00:40 AM »

Arc.  wonder why Paul says we in whose days are the consumation.....

this is what goofs christians up...is this the last age??? and he wrote it some 2,000 years ago...

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 10:45:53 AM »

Hello Gena,

It goes right along with this regarding Revelation;

http://bible-truths.com/lake7.html

IS THE BOOK OF REVELATION A HISTORY OR A PROPHECY?

Has everything in the book of Revelation been already fulfilled as taught by the Preterist theory? Or is there much to yet be fulfilled in this prophecy?

Here is some wisdom concerning the prophecies of Revelation. John wrote in a book what he saw at the time of the vision. The seven churches of Asia Minor already existed at the time of his vision. But the vision is not all history to those who read it down through the centuries, not at all. The things written in this book are both present and future to the reader:

(1) "…to show to His servants things which must shortly [Greek: ‘quickly’ or ‘swiftly’] come to pass…" (Rev. 1:1), and

(2) "For I testify unto every man that hers the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things [written in this prophecy], God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book…" (Rev. 22:18).

Now then, if this book has already been completely fulfilled, how would it be possible for me or anyone else who reads this book down through the centuries, to "add to" or "take away from" the prophecy of this book? Such an admonition would be meaningless if everything in this book were already completely fulfilled by the end of the first century.

The contents of this prophecy started with the vision of John on Patmos two thousand years ago and will continue until the return of Christ and the judgment of the world, and continues even beyond that until the end of the ages spoken of in this prophecy!

DEFINING: "COME QUICKLY"

What does Christ mean when He says, "I come QUICKLY?" By the way, the word "shortly" in Rev. 1:1 is the same Greek translated "quickly" everywhere else in Revelation.

"…things that must quickly come to pass…" (Rev. 1:1)

"…I will come unto thee quickly…" (Rev. 2:5).

"…I will come unto thee quickly…" (Rev. 2:16).

"Behold, I come quickly… (Rev. 3:11).

"…the third woe comes quickly… (Rev. 11:14).

"Behold, I come quickly… (Rev. 22:7).

"And, behold, I come quickly… (Rev. 22:12).

"Surely I come [Greek: ‘am coming’] quickly… (Rev. 22:20)

From the first verse in Revelation to the last verse, we are told of things that must com to pass "quickly." But all this was written two thousand years ago and it has not as yet all come to pass. If two thousand years is "quickly," I would hate to know how long it would take if it came about "slowly." A contradiction in the Scriptures? Hardly. But is rather a contradiction in men’s interpretation of this prophecy.

I have had Preterists write me and ask if I couldn’t see that all of Revelation was already fulfilled in the first century AD? Oh really? Has "EVERY man’s work" been judged already in the lake of fire? And is it a fulfilled reality today that,

"God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away"? (Rev. 21:4).

Have you seen the world news in the past two-four hours? Am I missing something? I see tears, death, sorrow, crying, and pain, everywhere, every day!

All scholars agree that Revelation was written late in the first century AD. Are we to believe that God caused the most profound book in the entirety of the Bible to be written and fulfilled BEFORE virtually a single person had an opportunity to even read it? That’s absurd.

WHEN IS THE TIME AT HAND THAT JESUS COMES QUICKLY?

What and how then, does anything in this book come about "quickly?" Good question. Obviously not everything in the whole book has come about "quickly," because there is much yet to come about and be fulfilled. Just what then does come about "quickly?"

When Jesus tells John that He wants His servants to see what must "quickly" (or shortly, if anyone insists on using that word), He does not say that everything in this book must quickly or shortly, come to pass. Notice it: One time we are told that the third woe comes "quickly." And all of the other six times it is Jesus Christ Himself that comes "quickly."

"The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe comes quickly" (Rev. 11:14).

That is, it comes quickly behind the second woe. We have the first woe, then the second woe, and right on the heels of the second woe comes quickly the third and final woe. And so this use of the word "quickly" proves nothing concerning how long it takes to fulfill the whole book of Revelation.

So really then, the only use of the word quickly that we need to understand is how it is used with reference to Jesus Christ "coming quickly." Six times we are told, "I will come… I will come… I come… I come… I come… I come…" So it is JESUS CHRIST that "comes quickly," rather than all of the prophecies of the book being fulfilled quickly in any ONE generation.

Nowhere in Revelation does it say that every prophecy in the book will be fulfilled, quickly in any one generation—either past, present, or future. It is not just in one end-time generation that Revelation is fulfilled quickly! NO! It is fulfilled "quickly" in each and every person who "READS AND UNDERSTANDS" this prophecy, through all generations, even though there is an eventual culmination at the lake of fire and final white throne judgment.

His Peace to you,

Joe

M_Oliver

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 11:24:37 AM »

Regarding Christ "coming quickly" it could be many references to Christ coming in the flesh, our flesh, right?  I don't have my e-sword for those verses...help!

Mark

M_Oliver

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 11:40:56 AM »

Found one with gateway..

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.  1 John 4:3 KJV

This refers to Him coming to us, not a reference to His physical life correct?

Mark

seminole

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 12:08:14 PM »

In regard to the "last days" and Christ coming quickly. has it been considered that from the day we are conceived our last days are approaching? We are dying from the time we are born and are getting closer to the last days. Each day we live, Christ's coming is approaching.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 04:48:47 PM »

Hello G

To respond to your question:

This calls to rememberance what Ray has taught concerning judgment on the House of God NOW which has been ongoing since the resurrection of Christ. It also prompted me to revise my understanding of the day of salvation from Ray's teaching titled  "You Fools! You Hypocrites! You Snakes!" This excerpt is well worth re-visiting and truly you observe G. that this heresy as you say "goofs up" many Christians!

[3] THIS IS THE ONLY DAY OF SALVATION:

"For He said: I have heard you in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succored you: behold, now is the accepted time: behold, now is the day of salvation" (II Cor. 6:2).

Is that really what the Scriptures state in II Cor. 6:2? No, it isn’t. What a damnable piece of heresy this doctrine is. It is taught that, "…this is the day [and THE ONLY DAY] of salvation." And because of this millions upon millions of people have grieved horribly over loved-ones presumed being tortured in the fabled Christian ‘fires of hell,’ because they didn’t "get saved" before they died. What is the Scriptural truth? Is this the only day of salvation? This is but one day, "A day" of salvation:

"…Low! now a well-approved season, Lo! now a day of salvation" (II Cor. 6:2, Rotherham’s EMPHASIZED BIBLE).

"…Lo! Now is a most acceptable era! Lo! Now is a day of salvation!" (II Cor. 6:2, Concordant Literal New Testament).

"…Behold! Now is a well accepted Season; behold! Now is a Day of Salvation" (II Cor. 6:2, The Emphatic Diaglott).

"…behold, now (is) a time acceptable, behold, now a day of salvation" (II Cor. 6:2, INTERLINEAR Greek-English NEW TESTAMENT, BY Jay P. Green, Sr.).

"At an acceptable time I have listened to you, and on a day of salvation I have helped you" (II Cor. 6:2, New Revised Standard Version).

No, contrary to this evil and unscriptural heresy of the Church, this is not "the day," the "ONLY day" of salvation, but is clearly only "a" day of salvation. There are yet future days of salvation to come. When? After death? Yes, in the Second Resurrection of the Dead. It is in judgment that the mass of humanity will all be saved. Judgment is for correcting and setting right; for purging and purifying, not to torture for the sheer pleasure of torture. That is totally insane.

Few in this Church age will listen to God:

"Let favor be shown to the wicked, yet will he NOT learn righteousness: in the land of the uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will NOT behold the majesty of the Lord" (Isa. 26:10).

But what do we learn in the previous verse will happen when God’s Judgments are in all the earth?

"…for when Thy JUDGMENTS are in the earth, the inhabitants of THE WORLD WILL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Isa. 26:9).

Paul assures us of Jesus’ resurrection from the dead will be the hope of all who come up in the JUDGMENT:

"Because He has appointed a day, in the which He will JUDGE THE WORLD in righteousness [just as we read above in Isa. 26:9] by that Man Whom He has ordained: whereof He has given ASSURANCE UNTO ALL MEN [all men in the resurrection to JUDGMENT] in that He has raised Him from the dead" (Acts 17:31).

The "Lake of Fire/Second Death" is the spiritual consuming fire of our God:

"For our God IS A CONSUMING FIRE" (Heb. 12:29).

That Spiritual Fire of God is DEATH to the carnal, rebellious, sinful, wicked, unbelieving heart and mind of man. God is able to purify all people. All who enter the Spiritual Fire of God will truly emerge clean and godly and SAVED. Four things will happen first:

"…and they were [1] judged [2] every man according to their [3] works… into the lake of [4] fire…" (Rev. 20:13-14).

"…and the [1] fire shall [2] try [test or judge] [3] every man’s [4] work…"(I Cor. 3:13).

The exact same four things occur in the fire of Rev. 20 as occur in the fire of I Cor. 3. But only I Cor. 3:15 tells us the marvelous outcome of God’s fiery judgment of every man’s work:

"If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: BUT HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED, YET SO AS BY FIRE"!

There is the Scriptural destiny and outcome of Devine Spiritual Judgment—"SALVATION OF EVERY MAN." To be sure, "…Christ DIED for our sins" and "…and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" (I Cor. 15:3 & I John 2:2), and so the penalty for all sin for all time has been paid in full. However… HOWEVER, paying the penalty for sin does NOT take the sin out of the sinner, it only pays the penalty. JUDGMENT is what takes the sin out of the sinner, and:

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the HOUSE OF GOD…" (I Pet. 4:17).

And contrary to orthodox Christianity, there are two great periods of judgment. The first is with ‘the House of God,’ and the second is in the final judgment of the rest of humanity in the Great White Throne Judgment. Here are the options according to Paul:

"For if we would [1] judge ourselves, we should not [2] be judged. But when we are [1] judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not [2] be condemned [judged adversely] with the world [in the great white throne judgment]" (I Cor. 11:31-32).

Both judgments will bring salvation, but the latter is far more severe.

What a horrible, horrible doctrine this "only day of salvation" is. Do we really believe that not one in a hundred thousand students or professors in theological seminaries never bother to read other Versions or an Interlinear to learn the truth regarding this subject? Besides there are HUNDREDS of other verses that show God will have ALL humanity to be saved; hence this cannot be the only day of salvation. Read my "Lake of Fire" series for the Truth regarding these subjects.

It's ironic; the Church believes they are the only ones that will ever be saved, when in reality a simple check with the Scriptures (in my first point) clearly shows that many Christians will not be saved at all in this Church age. They had better hope and pray there is another opportunity for them to repent and be saved. Only a chosen elect few are to be saved in this Church age, whereas all humanity will be saved in the Second Resurrection to judgment, but that judgment will not be a walk in the park.

For the benifit of other students, the above teaching is from : http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm

Peace to you

Arc. :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 04:52:10 PM by Arcturus »

gmik

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 11:31:42 PM »

Thank you Joe and Arc.

Re reading Ray is like putting on a warm blanky.  It is truly a comfort zone!!

DuluthGA

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 02:36:56 AM »

"Even in the wilderness there are times of refreshing though. Like the twelve springs of water and the palm trees where you can camp out sometimes."

AMEN, Sister Ursula, amen... where would we be without these respites and reprieves that God gives us in the bloomin' wilderness (that He has given us)...  ;)

We thank God for His Plan and His Processes!!  (No matter what!)  :)

Dear Lord, please continue to have mercy on us.

With faith, Janice

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.