bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Fire?" from email to Ray in post  (Read 4992 times)

Brett

"Fire?" from email to Ray in post
« on: July 30, 2007, 01:46:28 AM »

You will notice the person who write to Ray was 'Brett', this is NOT me. Yes it is same my name but this is not from me, it is somebody ;).

I have question, maybe I misunderstand but first see below:

Hi Mr Smith,

Correct me if my interpretation is wrong (I'm not that smart and am still learning).  Are not these flames a metaphor for the punishment, emotional suffering, removal of our sin and spiritual training we receive in life?  Does it matter then if the flame itself is eternal or not?

Cheers

Brett

Dear Brett:  Well, yes, it would matter a LOT, if one was to suffer these punishments FOR EVER.  Actually, there are very very few sins that will be "punished."  In Judgment, sinners are "chastised," not "punished."
    Chastisement is designed for correcting and making right a wrong, but punishment is more like vengeance on someone for doing wrong.
    God be with you,
    Ray

Was Ray saying that there can 'forever' punishment few sins (people)?? I thought no one will be punishment 'forever' as endless.

Brett ???

Sorin

Re: "Fire?" from email to Ray in post
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 02:03:53 AM »

Hi Brett,

No Ray is NOT saying that. He is saying that it DOES MATTER A LOT IF one or some were to be in the lake of fire forever, as opposed to for a time. And he is also saying that there's a difference between chastisement/correction and punishment/vengeance. And that more people will be chastised than punished.

Hope that helps your understanding,

Sorin
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 02:05:35 AM by Sorin »

Brett

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 03:14:18 AM »

Hi Brett,

No Ray is NOT saying that. He is saying that it DOES MATTER A LOT IF one or some were to be in the lake of fire forever, as opposed to for a time. And he is also saying that there's a difference between chastisement/correction and punishment/vengeance. And that more people will be chastised than punished.

Hope that helps your understanding,

Sorin

Ah! Yes! I see your point about Ray's response. I understand better now! Thank you, Sorin (I know you, it's good to hear from you again) ;).

Brett :D

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 04:53:44 AM »

You will notice the person who write to Ray was 'Brett', this is NOT me. Yes it is same my name but this is not from me, it is somebody ;).

I have question, maybe I misunderstand but first see below:

Hi Mr Smith,

Correct me if my interpretation is wrong (I'm not that smart and am still learning).  Are not these flames a metaphor for the punishment, emotional suffering, removal of our sin and spiritual training we receive in life?  Does it matter then if the flame itself is eternal or not?

Cheers

Brett

Dear Brett:  Well, yes, it would matter a LOT, if one was to suffer these punishments FOR EVER.  Actually, there are very very few sins that will be "punished."  In Judgment, sinners are "chastised," not "punished."
    Chastisement is designed for correcting and making right a wrong, but punishment is more like vengeance on someone for doing wrong.
    God be with you,
    Ray

Was Ray saying that there can 'forever' punishment few sins (people)?? I thought no one will be punishment 'forever' as endless.

Brett ???

No brett, ray is saying that most sins are not PUNISHED, God has no need to PUNISH people, they [sins] are CHASTENED.

I believe ray went over this that punish means to inflict pain or harm for something. God has no need to do this to HIs creation, He is far bigger then that. I believe there is only ONE INSTANCE where PUNISHED is the actual greek word used in refer to God's judgement.

I think thats what is going on here, i mean i'm pretty sure it is.

Hope this helps.

In Christ,

Alex

Brett

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 12:29:27 PM »

Thanks Alex! For the additional understand more ;).

Brett

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.