bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heaven/Death  (Read 5806 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Heaven/Death
« on: July 30, 2007, 10:30:41 PM »

Hi Ray
How do I comfort my family when they tell me the person that died is with the rest of the family that died. If I tell them there is no Heaven won't that make them sadder than they already are? And what should  I say to them .I am the oldest  of my brothers and sisters My sister died back in 1997 when I knew nothing about your writings and the truth. I lost another brother with cancer last year at age 59 and yesterday My youngest brother died of a stroke he was only 57 years old. I just don't know what to say to them . Please explain John chapter 14 verse 2  and tell me what it means
Sorry but its Joyce again.
PS I am so mixed up

Dear Joyce:  There is nothing about the Truth or God's Word that should make us sad. When people die, they are dead.  This is not a terrible thing. God likens death to sleep in many many Scriptures. The only hope of the dead is a resurrection from the dead (a doctrine that has no value or importance in the Church any longer).  Read my short paper: "An Encouraging Word About Death" on my home page.
There is no consciousness in death, hence no one will ever experience being dead. Many will experience the act of dying (unless one is killed instantly or dies in one's sleep), but once we are dead we experience and know nothing (Ecc. 9:5). In resurrection, God in effect, awakens us out of our sleep of death (Psalm 13:3). Our hope is not in heaven, but in resurrection (I Cor. 15 whole chapter).

Now John 14:2--"In my Father's house are many mansions [Greek, abodes--same word translated abode in verse 23] : if it were not so, I would have told you, I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will COME AGAIN, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am [ON THIS EARTH, not heaven], THERE ye may be also...Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and COME AGAIN UNTO YOU..." (Also verse 28). What will happen to all the Believing Saints who have died over the centuries?  When and where will they receive the "abodes in the Father's House?"  They will live and reign as kings and priests with Jesus at resurrection (Rev. 20:4).  "And has made us unto our God kings and priests: and WE SHALL REIGN ON THE EARTH"  (Rev. 5:10).  Our reward, our special office or abode in God's Kingdom is to SAVE THE REST OF HUMANITY.

God be with you,
Ray
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 02:03:24 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.