bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Encouragement!  (Read 4845 times)

Sue Creamer

Encouragement!
« on: July 31, 2007, 11:39:08 AM »

Hi All,

My heart is touched by all of your post about the many trials in your lives, some more grave than others.  We all have stories to tell and sometimes we do need to talk to others to get it off our shoulders, to commiserate, or to seek encouragement. There have been times in my life, because of trials, that I didn't want to live, but I didn't want to die either. 

When I was a small child my father used to sing an old gospel song, the words were taken directly from the bible.  I never forgot the words and even as a child I would sing them often and as an adult I would break into song when I needed to be reminded how much God loves us.  Paul's words are so powerful and uplifting to me that I wish to share them today for your encouragement.   

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life nor angels,
principalities nor powers, things present nor things to come,
nor height or depth nor any other creature,
shall be able to separate us from the love of God,
in Christ our Lord."

Paul took this journey of life long before us and he had many trials and many sorrows, probably more than we will ever have to face in our lives, yet he was inspired to leave such beautiful words of encouragement.   God will never leave us nor forsake us, he is with us always especially in our greatest sorrows and we must in our heart remember always that he knows what we suffer day to day..he was with Paul, and he is with you.  Be encouraged and remember that NOTHING can separate us from God and his perfect love.

Much love,
Sue Ann

dogcombat

Re: Encouragement!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 12:49:50 PM »

Thank you Sue Ann

Ches

Kat

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 01:42:45 PM »

Hi Sue Ann,

Thanks for sharing that.  It is good to have one another.  It is an encouragement to reflect on Paul life and how he always gave glory to God.  It is good to recognise that God loves us and is always with us.

John 14:27  Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

iris

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 03:28:14 PM »

Hi Sue Ann,

Sometimes it does us good to read about others problems. It helps us to
overcome our own problems that we have every day. Thank you for the
encouragement you have given, and for the beautiful song that you shared.

Iris

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 03:50:59 PM »

That is a constructive and beautiful post. Thank you! Life giving words.

Peace to you

Arcturus

Scribbles

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 06:08:03 PM »

Sue Ann......many times someone will post a scripture, and share with us how it suddenly jumped off the pages, or how it directly impacted the area of life they are in.....whether it's in the valley or on top of the mountain. This is one of those times, because last night as I was sitting outside watching the wildlife, the plants, and the evening changing to dusk.....I was pondering this very scripture also. We might be salt scattered here and there on this earth, and He will give His thoughts to whom He pleases. Is that something awesome or what ?!  lol 
  He's carried me through many many trials, even at a very young age. I came to know Him, in my late 20's, and now that I'm older ( yes, much older! ).....I can look back and only be amazed. There was a time I was regretting this and that, had all kinds of making mistakes throughout my life, and was trying to "right all the wrongs" I've done, etc. He's taught me that's not what He wants us to focus on. Certainly, in some situations we need to right the wrongs, but in this flow of thought.....its the "focusing"....Not crying over spilt milk, and not looking back, etc. rather focus on the moment, and His love.....and how nothing, absolutely nothing will seperate us from His love.
  Notice something in this scripture that's interesting. He lists death, life, angels, principalities, powers, things present, or things to come, height, depth, any creature. That covers just about anything anyone would list....and he doesn't list or mention "the past" !!  Yes, we learn from the past, but we dont dwell on it, or let it affect our present or future, in the sense of being pulled down, but rather, matured and spiritually directed to rely only on God and His love and His will for our life.
  And also, last night as I was thinking....how he tells us we can be more than conquerors. This flesh sure dont feel or look like a conqeror....lol.....but after reading your post and scripture, I went back to read this 8th verse, and the mention of being a conqueror is the verse directly before it. All of chapter 8 is so strong in showing us the carnal/flesh and the spirit life, and so much encouragement.
  It was a blessing to have you post this

Scribbles

gmik

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 07:09:08 PM »

Beautiful, all of you.

I know a version, wonder if the tune is the same???  One of my all time favorite passages.

Even DEATH can't separate us from His love.  To prove it, He has us RISE AGAIN.

Hallelujah!!

Seraphim

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 07:48:16 AM »

Hey Sue Ann,
I'm touched that you're touched that everybody else is touched about stuff that happens in life; the trials and tribulations. And me being a newbie too, I am impressed by what has been said by the other member dudes - and that's only by reading all the posts on shmeggly's upheavel in his life - I haven't even started on all the other ones.

What you are saying: So true! Yea! Amen sister!

8 years ago, I went through a totally deep depression that was so bad that I felt I was immersed in black ink and I didn't want to live, but didn't have the energy to commit suicide. Yet, today I feel so blessed by God, that my heart sings, and there is so much to be thankful of that I keep saying little prayers of thanks. And it's kind of weird: I don't have much money; I don't have a job; I don't have a wife or a girlfriend, I don't own my home (but I don't have any debts either), yet I feel so rich with a feeling of warm contentment.
I don't really want anything for myself. All I want is to be an instrument of God; that he will lead me towards what he wants me to do. To me that is luxury; that is the 'high life'.

But, having said all that. I know that some time in the future I will hit 'hard times' again where things may be difficult for me. And I thank God in advance, because in the long run, difficult times makes us deeper in our being and more able to channel a larger stronger Holy Spirit!

Love Seraphim :-*

Sue Creamer

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 09:09:01 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I have read all your post this morning and I must say I feel so uplifted and encouraged by ALL your words.

Scribbles - I too struggle to let go of the past mistakes, and I too love to go to nature to contemplate life.  Tonight I will read chapter 8..maybe God is giving me a nudge that direction... :D

Seraphim - I have been depressed off and on all my life..but I have always taught my children that it is really a helpful physical mechanism , If we use it rightly.  Maybe I am off track because I look at depression as a useful tool,  but when I go down into depression I seek God and pray like there is no tomorrow!  Some of the most productive times of my life have resulted.  When my daughter tells me she is depressed I tell her "good" it means you need to pray for God's guidance and then work to change accordingly..!  Maybe it is just me dealing with life the best I can, being optimistic about something that feels so bad (depression) but it does work.  I am so happy you have come through the bad times and are a different person now.

Peace
Sue Ann

rk12201960

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 10:40:47 AM »

Hi Sue Ann,

Good in-site,
Its seems we as flesh learn from hurt depression and defeat. Its how God teaches us with EVIL does he not?
Great post.  ;D

Randy
 ;D 8) ;D

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 04:19:17 AM »

hi sue ann,
thank you for the words of encouragement.  i have been one of those who have posted some of the heartaches going on in my life, via "my story".  i cannot even begin to tell how much encouragement i have received from this forum, once i took the first step and shared my story.  my daily prayers now consist more and more for courage to go where He leads me, and for rememberance that He is the one leading my steps because He is most definitely the Way to go.

thank you again.
sincerely,
claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.