bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need help with chihuahua  (Read 4766 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
need help with chihuahua
« on: August 01, 2007, 03:39:02 AM »

this is an email which was sent to a local home owners assoc website.  it is a true story but i have left off the name of the lady who posted it on that website.  i found it absolutely hysterical.  it went like this:

hello friends,
i guess you can say i'm desperate...i need to rehome my male, neutered chihuahua.  he is approx 18 mths old and is very sweet towards me, but has multiple bad habits that i must be honest about.  how much time do you have??  as i said, he is very loyal towards me, but hates just about everyone else.  he takes a little time to warm up to strangers.  he is good on a leash, but will run and chase anyone/anything/anywhere off of the leash, barking and nipping at them.  anyone who has walked by my house knows my little terror named "prince"...and he is far from that.  i must be honest because you will find out sooner or later and i don't want eggs thrown at my house.  prince is wonderful about peeing on the blue housetraining pads, but he poops in the house.  he won't poop in the yard if the grass is too high...he will poop and pee on the porch instead.  he LOVES to sleep in the bed with me but he wants to sleep exactly where i am sleeping.  he LOVES my adult cat named ralf, but hates any other animal and will terrorize them to death (literally).  prince barks off and on, but doesn't do it incessantly...good thing, right???  his vet knows prince very well, as he has had all of his vaccs, neutering, and microchipping (God forbid someone steal him! ugh!)  the vet has diagnosed prince with an allergy to---guess what---fleas! so, prince is on meds to control the fleas, but it hasnt controlled the itchiness and hair loss.  he has to wear a muzzle to go to the vet because he will attack the dog and cat statues in the vet' office waiting room.  prince is not good with kids...although my 9 yr old daughter handles him well.  i have to leash him when her friends come over.  he loves riding in the car.  if you leave food on the table and walk away, he will jumpon the chair and help himself to your plate.  i adopted prince online on craigslist one year ago...funny, he SEEMED fine then!  if anyone is brave enough or knows of someone brave enough to take on this challenge, PLEASE contact me ASAP.  prince is free...no rehoming fee...AND, this is a RED LIGHT SPECIAL, so NO RETURNS.  thanks so much.

when i read this post from the home owners assoc website, i laughed so hard i had tears rolling down my face.  i hope you all enjoy it.

claudia

Sue Creamer

Re: need help with chihuahua
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 12:22:30 PM »

Hi Claudia,

That is so funny....!!!  The people here at my work probably are wondering what in the world I am laughing at!  I am so glad that is NOT my dog.  ;D
Thanks for the laugh
Sue Ann

gmik

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 12:46:59 PM »

OMG :D :D

UMMMMMM.....maybe time for prince to meet its maker!!

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 03:03:32 PM »

OMG :D :D

UMMMMMM.....maybe time for prince to meet its maker!!

or possibly "prince" is an ideal candidate for the cesar milan (dog whisperer) school of reform, or i possibly could suggest she contact our local chihuahua rescue group.

claudia

gmik

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 01:18:04 AM »

Oh, yes, how could I forget that show.  One of my favorites!!!

Jackie Lee

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 12:45:54 AM »

Chihuahua's are the most faithful dogs, they are very devoted to their owners.
I admit they may be a chore but I have two females from the same litter.
I wouldn't give them up regardless.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 01:08:35 AM by Jackie Lee »

Jackie Lee

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 12:49:54 AM »

That wasn't spoken just right what I meant to say even though they bark at times I wouldn't give them up.
Chihuahua's are not for the fainthearted, also not really good around small children but they are devoted.

Bamabee

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 09:37:41 PM »

Behavior problems in dogs are usually a problem in the owner.  Just like parents with bratty kids.  I have a chihuahua.  They are wonderful dogs, but they require aloooooooooooooot of attention or they start acting out.  Also, if you do not assert your dominance over them, they will assert it over you - like little princey.  My baby is six years old now.  Chihuahuas are very special dogs.  I have allergies, and my Hermosa can tell when I am about to have a reaction.  She gets a low growl, totally different from any other noises she makes normally.  Also, when I'm getting sick - she knows before I do.  When that happens, she won't let anybody near me.  She stays in bed with me and if she hears someone coming down the hall, she will run and meet them halfway down the hall and try to prevent them from coming near me.  It is hilarious.  I lived in a "sick" house last year and was seriously ill a good bit of the time.  My husband would watch my dog for signs of how I was doing.  Funny, huh?  He would watch Hermosa and if she was acting funny, he would say, "Honey are you about to get sick?"  I would say, "I don't know ask Hermosa."  I told my vet about it and she said she had never heard of that before.  She said we must have a strong bond. 
But, did anybody else hear about the Grim Reap-purrr.  The cat that knows when someone is about to die, or the dogs that can smell cancer.  It is amazing what we don't know about our pets.

gmik

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 12:29:24 AM »

Good story April.  Altho I am sorry you had been ill.

I have heard about the cancer sniffing dogs.  Wouldn't that be awesome to tap into that potential??

I saw a show last nite about putting sharks into a catatonic state-they just go limp when you pet their chins.

Animals have many mysteries that we haven't discovered!!!

God is so wonderful in His design!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.