bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What Do The Denominations Have Right?  (Read 27970 times)

CEO

Re: What Do The Denominations Have Right?
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2007, 05:30:58 PM »

Joe

You are rolling!

Thanks for the time and effort of a great reply. 

I hope to meet you in November at Mobile.

Askseeknock

Charles O

hillsbororiver

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2007, 05:47:19 PM »

;D

Count on it, I will be there!

Thank you Charles,

Joe

newoldstock

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2007, 02:15:37 AM »

Thank you very much for this thread!  :) You all have answered some of the questions that I just asked in an above post about "feeling guilty today". Thanks and God Bless. Great posts. Jim

SixFour

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2007, 02:26:44 AM »

My wife bemoaned the fact that it took her years to get me to attend with her and it took Bible Truths a week or two to get me back out.  :D

Joe,

This gave me my good laugh for the day! Thanks!!!!

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2007, 12:54:54 PM »

Hi Joe,
John 6:35: Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty".

John 7:38: Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.

I think that there is no real Truth in the Church:

For, lo, the Lord, Jehovah of Hosts, Is turning aside from Jerusalem [the Church], And from Judah, stay and staff, Every stay of bread, and every stay of water. Isaiah 3:1

All of the [spiritual] bread and water is taken from the Church. This Bread and Water is Christ, and Christ said I am the way and the TRUTH and the life. John 14:6

The righteous, however, shall have their fill of bread and water:

Isaiah 33:
14The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?
 15He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;
 16He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.

This is how I see these verses. I'm open to any correction if I'm incorrect...I'm still pretty new at seeing the "spiritual" in things, so I may be wrong.  :)

ez2u

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2007, 03:16:06 PM »

well  Joe  when the Lord gives you the bread of life  its'  soooo hard to turn from it especially if you are hungery which He makes sure we are most the time.  I just wonder if we will look back on what we say here and think how elementary this was.  Line upon line  my Jesus is changing me.  peggy

ez2u

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2007, 01:29:06 AM »

There is somthing that needs to be said here and not over look.  These teaching are not Rays' Teaching but the Truth from the anointing of the Holy Spirit.  I have learn these teaching from the Holy Spirit  by reading the Word and minstry before I read them at L. Ray Smith web site  and I have heard some of them from other chrisitian ministy where I live in Sarasota Florida.  I can give you names of people who know these truths they just didn't put them on the web.  My adoptd Dad, who the Lord gave to me, in 1972, knew some of these truths and the last days of his life in 2002 was so beautifully speaking about how we can not grow in Jesus unless the Lord allows it and other things too.  I believe Ray would not be offended by me saying this because He talks about read and studing the Word of God with the anointing.  I mean no offense.  In Jesus Peggy

ez2u

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2007, 01:58:13 AM »

I would like to say something else here I am not proselyting another group of people.  There is no other group nor any one else that is teaching like what I see and know here.  On New years' day 2007 I was led here to grow and learn in the Holy Spirit Praise God  peggy

GODSown1

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2007, 02:27:13 AM »

Thanks Peggy,
                  4 sure 4 sure, Thank GOD!!!!!!!!
                  muchLOVE!! Pera

DuluthGA

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2007, 03:49:16 AM »

Great thread, Joe! 

Coming in so late all I can do is recap... first paraphrasing your points...

The churches are the skimmed milk of the Word  :D  and those who hunger for meatier spiritual food come out and seek His truth diligently [if I may add, as guided BY Him.]  Further... through His spirit, the churches are serving the purpose(s) God has intended for them.  Ho!  Plan of God!

Now paraphrasing some grand thoughts from a few others...

And yes CIY, 'it IS amazing that the church [Babylon] IS the place TO LEARN ABOUT GOD... and you must leave and go into the wilderness to experience and come to know God.'  Further... 'And it is wonderful that God CAUSES you to do everything you do but still, it is through the foolishness of preaching that one is dragged to the truth.'  Great points.

Cindy I usually think of them as 'blinded' rather than 'confused,' or as Peggy said... "the truth is hidden from them." 

Rom 11: 32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.  [KJV]

This is one of those verses where it is really fun to check all the different translations.... [check out more than these]

[Rotherham's]... For God hath shut up ALL together, in a refusal to yield...

[CLNT]...  For God locks up ALL together in stubbornness...

[Online Greek-English Interlinear]... [for] together locks the God THE ALL into unpersuadableness...

[Emphatic Diaglott]... Shut up for the God THE ALL for disobedience...

The only parting thoughts of my own are that YET they STILL want to build MORE CHURCHES... more church buildings, more churches... AS IF ONE MORE church building IS GOING TO HELP THE SITUATION that is quite obviously "waxing worse"...  and worse...

Oh Happy Day, when He wash our tears away,
Janice

ciy

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2007, 01:21:37 PM »

Janice

Your verses made me curious so I checked out some other translations. The New Living tells it all and finishes up so clearly showing that God is in control and no free will.

30 Once, you Gentiles were rebels against God, but when the people of Israel rebelled against him, God was merciful to you instead. 31 Now they are the rebels, and God’s mercy has come to you so that they, too, will share[k] in God’s mercy. 32 For God has imprisoned everyone in disobedience so he could have mercy on everyone.

33 Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways!

34 For who can know the Lord’s thoughts?
      Who knows enough to give him advice?[l]
   35 And who has given him so much
      that he needs to pay it back?[m]

36 For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen.
Romans 11:30-36

CIY

gmik

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2007, 04:37:23 PM »

Oh I love that word "UNPERSUADABLENESS". That hits it spot on.

Romans 11 is awesome.  He, GOD, is the one who does it! Period.  How is this hidden :D?

I know I know, but still!!!! ;) :D

Great thread folks.

ciy

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2007, 04:50:47 PM »

One more from the Message.  I love the way this translates the last few verses.  Gives it all to God.

30 -32There was a time not so long ago when you were on the outs with God. But then the Jews slammed the door on him and things opened up for you. Now they are on the outs. But with the door held wide open for you, they have a way back in. In one way or another, God makes sure that we all experience what it means to be outside so that he can personally open the door and welcome us back in.

33 -36Have you ever come on anything quite like this extravagant generosity of God, this deep, deep wisdom? It's way over our heads. We'll never figure it out.

Is there anyone around who can explain God?
   Anyone smart enough to tell him what to do?
   Anyone who has done him such a huge favor
      that God has to ask his advice?

Everything comes from him;
   Everything happens through him;
   Everything ends up in him.
   Always glory! Always praise!
      Yes. Yes. Yes.
Romans 11:30-36

I am through now, but those verses just really got to me.
CIY

LittleBear

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2007, 05:10:44 PM »

CIY,

That is a great translation. I'm going to go out and get me one of those.
It feels so intimate and personal.

Ursula

DuluthGA

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2007, 07:15:59 PM »

Here's a verse that also helps to edify what RJ/Ron said that "...they are following God's plan to a tee."

And CIY... it would be great if you could present this verse [or verse set] from The Message as well... thanks.  I too am going to have to buy it.  :)

1Pet 2: 7-8     To you then, who are believing, is the honor, yet to the unbelieving: "A Stone which is rejected by the builders, this came to be for the head of the corner," and a stumbling stone and a snare rock; who are stumbling also at the word, being stubborn, to which THEY WERE APPOINTED also. [CLNT]

Luv, Janice

ciy

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2007, 07:26:11 PM »

Here it is in the Message.  I am not pushing the Message bible but many times the translation is just so easy and seems to translate the an overall meaning.

It is sometimes hard to get the verse divisions so here is 1 Peter 2:4-10.

4 -8Welcome to the living Stone, the source of life. The workmen took one look and threw it out; God set it in the place of honor. Present yourselves as building stones for the construction of a sanctuary vibrant with life, in which you'll serve as holy priests offering Christ-approved lives up to God. The Scriptures provide precedent:

Look! I'm setting a stone in Zion,
      a cornerstone in the place of honor.
   Whoever trusts in this stone as a foundation
       will never have cause to regret it. To you who trust him, he's a Stone to be proud of, but to those who refuse to trust him,

The stone the workmen threw out
       is now the chief foundation stone. For the untrusting it's
   .. . a stone to trip over,
       a boulder blocking the way. They trip and fall because they refuse to obey, just as predicted.

9 -10But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God's instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you—from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted.

Pretty good ain't it.
CIY

bambam

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2007, 04:29:35 AM »

What a great thread.  It sure has got me thinking!  I am still in a church.  I don't know how to leave with my husband about to go into "full-time" ministry there as an associate pastor.  I could walk out today if it were not for my husband.  I admit I don't hate it there-the people are nice, and I even have some great friends, but I don't want to be there anymore!  I think being there all the time is messing with my emotions.  It's not messing with my mind, but I feel emotionally torn.  More and more I see the sillyness (is that a word? :-)  of church and all of it's "stuff".  I sit there week after week thinking over and over, "What is this all for??"  To them, and my husband, it is all the work of God. 

We bought a new building a month ago and have been working on it as a church to get it looking sharp and nice-and it's all the "work of God", you know.  I was thinking-even this is a lie, because God does not live in buildings made with hands!!  But we have to have a nice building, you know, to see more kids and people saved. 

In the meantime, no one is getting "saved".  Ironic, isn't it?

Sometimes, I am ashamed to be there.  There is alot of pride in this building and all the work going into it.  I help because of my husband.  I don't want to break his heart, yet.  I know I will if I quit church. 

I want to leave, but it's just not time. 

I used to think that the church has some things right-basic things like God's love, all of us sinners in need of a Saviour, God's sovereignty, etc., etc.  But there seems to always be a man-made doctrine to counteract each truth, like eternal torture, not all will be saved, man's free-will, etc., etc. 

Just a great thread to turn the wheels in my mind-thanks!

Blessings,
Beth     

DuluthGA

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2007, 05:26:45 AM »

Hello...  It is humbling, isn't it, Beth?  A LOT going on at one time... you probably feel alone and isolated... you specifically are in my prayers... as well as your family...  what a whirlwind!!  Where will you land? .... Most probably right where our Lord wants you to.  Don't fret too much... and don't sweat the small stuff... these are the only things for me to say right now.  Thanks for your post:)  And don't let it be the last one.

Big thanks CIY... yes it sounds good to me as ringing fairly true to scriptural lines for those verses...

What is missing is the "they were appointed" in three short words that is so precious from the CLNT.  But the overall construction made up for it.

For the record, nor I of all people would push any paraphrased version of Scripture... and my advise is to ALWAYS check the interlinears and the variety of direct translations...

But this sounded pretty good to my soul tonight! 
Nitey nite,  :)
Janice

seminole

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2007, 12:49:06 PM »

A couple of posts above mentioned "the stone that was thrown out " is to the untrusting a stone to stumble over. Also "they refused" to trust Him. Does that not imply the choice of accepting or refusing? It seems pretty cut and dried to me. I am bothered about the talk of all the different denominations too. People don't always fit in here anymore than they do at the church down the road. There is elements of truth anywhere you find a group of people. Here or at a church. It is dismaying to me to see the same thing happening here as anywhere else. There have been people pass through who were really talked down to. I have had it done myself but I don't care about that. A question I have is this: What is anyone doing to reach out to other people? It's great to study and we should do it but we should also be showing Jesus to others in word and action. It seems that love is missing.
Seminole

seminole

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2007, 12:53:46 PM »

I forgot to add my last thought; it has been said that the church is like a club and I ask is that not the same as this is? You have to think like everyone else, post like everyone else and follow the teachings without question.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.