bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This Life.  (Read 6760 times)

Sorin

This Life.
« on: August 03, 2007, 12:19:15 AM »

No matter how blissful, or how dreadful. You have no say in any of it. Since we don't have a 'free-will' and we can't choose when and if we
want to be born, anymore than we can choose to be born rich or poor, or when we are to die.. God creates vessel of honour, and vessels of dishonour. And there's nothing you/we can do about it. This is basically a Scriptural fact. But when you are that 'Vessel Of Dishonour' it is kind of difficult to "Praise God". For he hasn't given you much that's worth praising.

This is basically the boat I find myself in right now.

-Sorin

YellowStone

Re: This Life.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 12:30:20 AM »

Oh Sorin, I would not be so hard on yourself, if I were you. There is much wisdom and virture, knowing clearly where you are on the path to righteousness. You not only know where you are, but also your failings and in my mind that probably put's you further along the road than you realize.

Hang in there brother. Only the strongest face the toughest challenges.

Love in Christ,
Darren

gmik

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 12:56:20 AM »

Did the girlfriend not work out??

Ray has stated he has praised God for his pillow.  Maybe you could start there.  Start w/ what you do have and not what you do not...

When all else fails, praise Jesus for what He did for us.  Praise Him for HIS faithfulness.  Praise Him for what WILL BE.  Praise Him for tomorrow-you don't know what is around the corner.  It may be just what you want. 

STAY POSITIVE----don't be negative.   JUST DO IT!!!!  Its called FAITH!

ciy

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 01:02:55 AM »

Sorin
Do not dispair.  Be patient and know that God is working everything to good.  Do a word search in bible software esword, power bible, or any online sites and put in to find the exact phrase "but God".  See how many times things were going bad then all of a sudden "but God" changes everything or causes new things.  
Read 1 Kings 19:9-18 and see how even Elijah fell into dispair but God sent his angels and lifted him up with the truth.  Think about how Moses felt wronged, Abraham acted too quick because he thought God was not going to bless him, David cries out throughout the Psalms but God brings all of them to a level place.  Stay focused on God and believe and the peace of God that surpasses our understanding will guard you through this time.  
Believe.  Trust God.
CIY

ez2u

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 03:24:45 AM »

Sorin   we are all vessels of dishonour  but we have one that dwells with in us that is the vessels of honour  that is Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior.  Maybe He is showing and teaching you something?  Are we not born on this earth to fail with out Him?  That is all we can do mess things up.  Peggy

Sue Creamer

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 10:41:09 AM »

Sorin,

You are called of God, you are worthy in God's eyes, you are not your own but belong to God.  We humans don't have a choice in anything about ourselves!!!  God has called and preordained YOU to be who you are whether to honor or not to honor, and to experience the things in this life you have, because of his plan for you and all of humanity.   

I am sure that all of us here in this forum at one time or other have felt the same feelings you are now..after all, we all have murdered, stole, lied, lusted and hated God...!!!  NONE of us have escaped.  Be encouraged that YOU are unique, there is only one Sorin, and no matter what manner of human you are, or have been, God has planned a wonderful ending to YOUR physical life.  How awesome is our God to create us human carnal flesh, then he creates perfection in us through his spirit and eventually GIVES us ETERNAL life with him....!!!   

God takes responsibility for what he made you in the flesh, don't worry about the physical, it passes...it is your spirit he will perfect...one way or another.  This wretched person you think you are now is the way he will do that... !!  God is worthy of praise!!!!   By the way, all of us here are in the same boat with you...!!!!  Be encouraged.

Ward

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 10:55:39 AM »

Sorin:

Hello from a fellow 'Vessel Of Dishonour.'  I feel exactly the same way as you expressed.  I'm not sure about being, 'kind of difficult to "Praise God' though.  Mainly, I feel frustrated...  I do believe that it will be worth it.  My existence, I mean.  But, I've prayed many times these words in prayer.  'Father, would you please just allow me not to exist anymore? In this age and the next?'  I know that many people may feel that I should not pray such a prayer.  Or at least not actually pray it when I feel it.  To them I respond with this...  I will not lie to God about this.  He knows exactly what I am feeling whether I pray it or not.

So Sorin... I have no words of encouragement for you.  I'm sorry...  But you are not alone.  If you do come to some knowledge on this, please share it...  I need it too.

\/\/ard

okjohnson

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 11:14:37 AM »

Hebrews 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ********, and not sons.

Leviticus 26:28 Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.

Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Kat

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 12:06:08 PM »

These are some pretty hard words from Paul, but they do explain what is happening if you are trying to be apart of the world and love God at the same time.  It doesn't work like that, because; "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth. (Mat 6:24)

Jam 4:1  What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you?
v. 2  You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God.
v. 3  When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
v. 4  You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.
v. 5  Or do you think Scripture says without reason that the spirit he caused to live in us envies intensely?
v. 6  But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."
v. 7  Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
v. 8  Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

What to Do?

Mat 6:33  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

jackson

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 01:37:08 PM »

Sorin, thank you so much for this post. I've been swimming in a pool of self obsorbtion myself the past couple of days.  Ya know fealing sorry for myself and the circumstances I'm finding myself in.  IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!! 

Well thanks to you and all the post here I've come to realize that this little pity party I'm throwing needs to come to an end.  In the long run it's really nothing to consume myself with; this situation still hurts and I'm really not liking it; and I've told God as much.  But my suffering is but a pin prick in comparison to my Saviors.  How juvenile of me to even for a second think I deserve anything more than what I've already been so graciously given

Jackson

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 05:36:11 PM »

Hi Sorin,

The fact that He is in your thoughts so consistantly and you struggle with these things makes it plain to see He is working on you and in you.

Peace Brother,

Joe

M_Oliver

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 10:04:08 PM »

No matter how blissful, or how dreadful. You have no say in any of it. Since we don't have a 'free-will' and we can't choose when and if we want to be born, anymore than we can choose to be born rich or poor, or when we are to die.

-Sorin

After dozens of "NO" answers to the same prayer I have learned to find peace in exactly what you are saying.  It has not effected me as the compassionate person I have always been but it has allowed me to get over self pity quicker and quicker each time something doesn't "go my way".

You understand this truth but still want to complain about it?  Yes you do.  But at the same time you understand this truth and know you shouldn't complain about it.  Chin up please :).

Mark

Shmeggly

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 06:50:16 AM »

Hey man....I hear what you are saying.  I am struggling with the same thing.  I'm sorry things are happening to you.  I don't believe the whole "free will" as described by Ray.  To me it's almost fatalistic; and it has affected me.  I want to look into it more, but that's where I stand now.

We don't have a lot of choices in what happens in life, like you said.  But we do have choices, and even the minor ones can make a big difference.  I refuse to accept that God won't hear my prayer and honor it because it's been decided already.  Why pray at all then?  If outcomes are determined, and no matter what you pray or say, they'll turn out the way they're supposed to.  The way Jesus prayed....he prayed, then said but let Your will be done.  Why did He pray?  Like when He prayed on the cross for God to forgive us....it wasn't just empty words.  It was possible. 

Sorin, you are important to God, and you have a place in His heart, and in His plan.  I'm not spouting empty words; for the last 3 months I have not wanted to live.  Literally.  But I do believe God has given me the peace that I needed to get through. I really pray He gives you what you need now.  He'll also speak to your heart and gently lead you to where He wants you to go.  Realize you're not alone in thinking this....James

hillsbororiver

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 10:13:37 AM »

Hi Sheggly,

Perhaps you meant you don't understand "the whole free will" rather than you don't believe it. This is a very difficult concept to wrap our minds around to be sure but Ray presents numerous scriptures that testify to this spiritual Truth. If anyone can refute this scripturally I have yet to see the proof.

Try reading these articles again with a humble prayerful spirit, it may take a few times through for it to become clear.... As far as prayer itself goes it's purpose is to line up our will and desires with His plan and purpose for us, look at the Lord's examples of praying, He never seeks His own desires He only seeks to do His Father's will.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Shmeggly

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 03:28:01 PM »

Yes Joe, you're right....I'm sorry about that.  I don't understand the concept of free will as Ray explains it.  I will have to read it again, but so far after a few readings, it still doesn't make sense.  But that could be just me....

I was up last night from 0230 to 0500, so I was kind of tired, and didn't mean to come across as not believing Ray....because I have been set free by reading his site.  But as I said in another post, I am going to question everything, because not questioning is a road to deception. 

So I will go read it again, and see where I'm at....peace....James

hillsbororiver

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 04:31:31 PM »

Hi James,

This is totally understandable, there were many, many things I questioned at first but as you stated the freedom I experienced by the things I grasped immediately inspired me to be patient and study even more.

Free will, the Sabbath, end time prophecies, the churches having everything wrong, to name but a few took some time for me to begin to see. This was even the case with me having very little time in the denominations, a few years as a young kid in Catholicism and a couple years as a Seventh Day Adventist. I had no real tradition in the churches or much family history or loyalties to the members there. This is why I can appreciate the struggles many who come here have in taking much of Ray's material in and totally leaving man made doctrines behind.

Be as the Bereans, check and verify the scriptures Ray presents, believe me there was a time I really wanted to show him some things I thought he was missing, the only problem was I could not present the scriptural authority to do it, it was not there! Also I could not refute the scriptures he presents without getting into human logic, reasoning and emotion.

Thank you for your honest and heartfelt response.

His Peace to you Brother,

Joe

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.