bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pilgrim’s Progress  (Read 7317 times)

pilgrim

Pilgrim’s Progress
« on: August 03, 2007, 07:03:00 AM »

Greetings to my fellow pilgrims… Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ. Psalms 133:1 Ephesians 4:3,13 

It's good to be here. I have been perusing and reading much of Bible-Truths.com for about 7 months…Watching the Forum for about a month…Now I feel ready to join in and get to know you.

Over much of my adult life (I’m 75 now) I have been searching for "TRUTH". I was born into a church-going family of Episcopals in the USA that was active in ministerial assistance, local church administration, and choir. I was automatically a believer in God and Jesus, and the Bible, as far back as can remember, since my immediate family and ancestors were church-going Christians.

I have been a member of the following churches for varying periods of time during my lifetime:   
Episcopal Church of the United States, Roman Catholic Church, Worldwide Church of God, and a house church of over 30 people.

I also have fellowshipped with, studied with, and had close personal friendships with Anglicans, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Latter Day Saints (Mormons), Lutherans, Methodists, Presbyterians, Seventh Day Adventists and various independent churches, including Pentecostal and charismatic churches.

I am not now a member of any church, but I am an independent and non-denominational believer in the Bible as the inspired word of God.

I thank God for the chance to fellowship in this forum…

Pilgrim

« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 03:09:55 AM by pilgrim »

rk12201960

Re: Pilgrim’s Progress
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 08:58:22 AM »

Welcome Harold,
We're glad to have you. I'm sure God has shown you things that will help us all.

I was a JW for over 13 years and then went to Living Church, then Restored Church.

Anyway, Welcome again and
I'm looking forward to you posts.

Gods speed,
Randy.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 08:59:52 AM by Randy »

Sue Creamer

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 03:37:44 PM »

Harold,

Welcome and greetings from Maryland in the good old USA.....I am relatively new myself but am feeling right at home already.  I ditto what Randy says about being sure you have much to offer.    :) 

Sue Ann

pylady

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 05:42:27 PM »

Hi Harold!

Yes, we're all truthseekers here, and there's always room for one more!  ;)

Since you've been reading bible-truths and the forum for awhile you know most of us have been in and out of just about every church Christendom has to offer looking for the truth.  But our Lord through His spirit, and through His servant Ray Smith has brought us all to the bible-truths website to learn it.

Personally, I feel like I learn something new or a deeper truth everytime I come here, which is as often as possible.  Who would have ever thought, as unsavvy as I am in computerland, that I would after years of searching so many religions and philosophies, I would find the truth on the internet!!!  :D

Praise to our God.  He is wonderful, and full of surprises!

Welcome to you.  I look forward to your posts.

Christian love,

Cindy

Kat

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 06:10:19 PM »

Hi Harold,

I'm glad you decided to join us  :)
I went through a few churches too, Worldwide was one of them.
I think you will find the fellowship here is great, so do join in and share with us.
If you have any questions ask away, the discussion lead to a lot of shared insights. 

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

pilgrim

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 09:56:13 PM »

Welcome Harold,
We're glad to have you. I'm sure God has shown you things that will help us all.

I was a JW for over 13 years and then went to Living Church, then Restored Church.

Thanks for the welcome Randy,..
I gave the local JW's a full six months to convert me. The church leader became one of my close friends.
I read all their literature, welcomed them in when they knocked, watched them build their new Kingdom Hall, and learned a great deal from them. However at the end of six months I felt I had given them a fair hearing, so I searched elsewhere but remained friends with all the JW's.

I never met a JW I didn't like and respect!!

God Bless them...

pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 10:23:09 PM »

Harold,

Welcome and greetings from Maryland in the good old USA.....I am relatively new myself but am feeling right at home already.  I ditto what Randy says about being sure you have much to offer.    :) 

Sue Ann

Hi Sue Ann...Thanks for the welcome...

I am feeling right at home also...
I'm not sure I have much to offer...But I am sure I can learn a lot from Ray's inspired writings.
 I love Divine guidance...it makes life so simple..."Life is too serious to take it seriously".

Pilgrim
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 03:11:14 AM by pilgrim »

pilgrim

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 10:30:27 PM »

Yes, we're all truthseekers here, and there's always room for one more!  ;)

Since you've been reading bible-truths and the forum for awhile you know most of us have been in and out of just about every church Christendom has to offer looking for the truth.  But our Lord through His spirit, and through His servant Ray Smith has brought us all to the bible-truths website to learn it.

Personally, I feel like I learn something new or a deeper truth everytime I come here, which is as often as possible.  Who would have ever thought, as unsavvy as I am in computerland, that I would after years of searching so many religions and philosophies, I would find the truth on the internet!!!  :D

Praise to our God.  He is wonderful, and full of surprises!
Hi Cindy...
I can't add anything to your words except...That is exactly my feelings and thoughts.
Pilgrim
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 03:12:02 AM by pilgrim »

pilgrim

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 11:45:02 PM »

I'm glad you decided to join us  :)

I think you will find the fellowship here is great, so do join in and share with us.
If you have any questions ask away, the discussion lead to a lot of shared insights. 

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

I have been impressed by the the insights and wisdom in your postings...Bible-truths is blessed by all you moderators. All with the right gift as God supplies. Great photos of your family...Nice to know you...

mercy, peace, and love...Amen!

Pilgrim
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 03:12:41 AM by pilgrim »

gmik

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 02:22:49 AM »

Welcome Harold.  You may be the "wisest" one of the bunch here. ;)

Several from NZ as you probably noticed.

Dn't be shy, jump on in.  We'd all love to get to know you.

iris

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 10:11:04 AM »

Hi Harold,

Welcome to the forum!!!

Iris

pilgrim

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 04:58:54 PM »

gmik

Howdy

Iris

Howdy

(I'm a man of few words)  ;D

LittleBear

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 07:13:36 PM »

Hi Harold,

Welcome! I'm sure you have LOTS to offer. So don't be shy.

Ursula

pilgrim

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 02:35:34 AM »

Hi Harold,

Welcome! I'm sure you have LOTS to offer. So don't be shy.

Ursula
Hi Ursula,

Good of you to welcome me...Much appreciated...

Actually I am shy and always have been.
I was born with a genetic chemical imbalance which made me hypersensitive to emotional and physical pain.

Absolute terror of rejection was a real curse also. I could never say no to anyone and was also a thrill seeker (due to my sensitivity everything was an adrenalin rush), which put me in situations that were highly stressful for my condition.
God always compensated for the conflagration in which I existed by giving me extraordinary blessings (In family, education, locations, church, employment, finances, and especially marriage and spirituality).
God called me early in my life and my spiritual life has been so wonderful, especially since years ago I surrendered and made God and Jesus the sole focus of my life.

I still have difficulty expressing myself verbally and get into lots of unpleasant situations by being misunderstood...Not too bad in writing when I have time to edit, etc. Still I am hesitant to jump in the deep end here.

Thanks...pleased to meet you...
Pilgrim
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 02:59:15 AM by pilgrim »

LittleBear

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 10:26:27 AM »

Hi Harold,

I hear you, and I also was always very shy, mainly due to my family of origin situation, and also just my temperament. I lived in a very chaotic household with lots of anger and dysfunction. I am also highly sensitive but it is how God arranged it and I'm now thankful for it. What you said about the terror of rejection also rang true for me when I was younger. Since I began this journey with the Lord, in the past few years, that seems to be leaving me, because when you walk with God, you definitely are rejected  by the world and by the church. So, by desensitization, that fear certainly lessens. Remember, we are a peculiar people. Thank God! It is an exciting journey! And there is so much more in store for us!

Yes, the nice thing about writing and posting on the forum is that you can sit back with your cup of tea, relax and take your time. So, please don't hesitate, because you are valued here, and it would be great to hear much from you.

Love,

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 11:19:45 PM »

Ursula & Harold,  Thanks for sharing!!!  Yes, we ALL are peculiar people! ;)

DuluthGA

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 01:08:28 AM »

GREAT GODLY GREETINGS TO YA HAROLD!  ;D

I'M SO HAPPY YOU ARE HERE!  I praise God for you and welcome!  And I am joyful for your station in life. 

Spiritual Hug!  :)
Janice

skydreamers

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 07:36:20 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.