bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello fellow sojourners. I just became a member again today (I am sort of a boom  (Read 5274 times)

newoldstock

erang).  ;D  I seem to keep getting dragged back to L. Ray Smith's site and this forum. I have begun to read again posts and letters on both sites and will post more when I feel prepared. My name is Jim and I live in New Port Richey, FL. I have a wife, an adult son, and a Japanese Chin, and a Lynx Point Siamese. I was baptized in the Baptist church at 13. I have been a Baptist, Presbyterian, a United Methodist for 24 years, and now attend an independent- First Christian church. At the Methodist church I taught adult Sunday school, Disciple Courses, and the Wednesday night bible study. I was also a member of 5 committees (a real eye opener).  :-\ I have had a gnawing at my heart for some time over the various christian doctrines such as: Trinity, tithing, hell, devil, etc. Mod, thank you for accepting my membership. Guided by the holy spirit, I hope to be a worthwhile contributor. God bless, Jim.

pylady

Hi Jim!

Welcome to the forum!  Keep reading Ray's site.  There is just so much there on all the doctrines you've been questioning.  With God's spirit leading you you will see these doctrines for what they are, lying, deceitful teachings of men which enslave men and keep them from the glorious truth about God. 

And even more wonderful  "...ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Looking forward to your thoughts on what you are reading.

Christian love,

Cindy  ;D

Kat

Hi Jim,

I'm glad you are here  :)
When God starts dragging, you really can't resist.  I hope that this fellowship will help you, because so many have been there done that, so to speak.  If you have questions, there quite a few with a very good grasp of the truth.
I will be glad to help any way I can.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

Hello Jim

You will need to batton down the hatches and fasten your seat belt because the truth can blow any garbage clear out the water.  :D ;D 8)

Welcome to the Forum! Am glad you joined in!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

gmik

Welcome Jim.

God is so Wonderful to keep dragging you back-shows He won't just do it once!!  Read the BT site of course, thats first...but read us a lot so you get to know us :D Looking forward to getting to know you-

My son is in NPR but hasn't been dragged to the truth yet.

DuluthGA

WELCOME JIM!

God knows we need some new blood/perspectives around here!  ;D

JUMP IN!  THE WATER'S ALMOST KINDA SORTA ALWAYS FINE!  ;D

GIVE US WHAT GOD HAS GIVEN YOU!!  AND SHOOT IT STRAIGHT FROM DA HIPS!

Above all, Jim, Have fun... life is too short...  :D

With joy, Janice

iris

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum!!!

Iris

newoldstock

Thank you very much for all of the welcomes! It is nice to be here. May God richly bless us all.
A quick question: I have many bible versions. May I ask what some of you use for your studies. I have used mainly the NIV, NKJV, and the NASB. I also have a Modern King James and Interlinear Bible by J.P. Green. What would you suggest? Thanks Jim.

Deborah-Leigh

Hello Jim

e-sword is a valuable tool I suggest you link to. You will find it at :  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4470.0.html

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

SixFour

Welcome Jim,

What a cool username: "NewOldStock!"  :D

James

newoldstock

Welcome Jim,

What a cool username: "NewOldStock!"  :D

James

Thanks James. I gave it a lot of thought. Seams to ring true.  :D

Kat

Hi Jim,

I saw where youask about what bible to use.  Here is an email that Ray speaks about this.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4426.0.html -----

I use personally a King James Bible for teaching because it is the most universally reconigized and used Bible. For studying the Scriptures I also use:

ROTHERHAM's Emphasized Bible (which can be purchased at any good Bible book store).

The Concordant Literal New Testament (and Old Testament, however at present I do not
    believe it is found in one volume but soon will be). You can find this Bible by entering "Concordant Literal
    New Testament, or Concordant Publishing Concern in Google or any search engine..
    I highly DO NOT recommend the teachings of the Concordant Publishing Concern, however.

The Emphatic Diaglott (New Testament only) can also be found on the Internet.

The Living Bible, paraphrased (can find at any bible book store). This is not an accurate
    translation for technical or doctrinal study, but it is most helpful in understanding difficult
    King James phrases at places (such as the Proverbs) or almost anywhere else, but beware
    of all Scriptures relating to judgment, as they are as spurious as can be with their heaven and hell content.

God be with you,
    Ray 

Beloved

welcome Jim

Yes God drags us kicking and screaming but then shows us such a fantastic view of His plan

I agree with all of the above ...I have both Esword and the Interlinear on my desktop on my computer. Esword is indespensible to us non typers to use on the forum.  Thank you Lord for copy cut and paste feature. 

Beloved 

LittleBear

Hi Jim,

Welcome! Hope to hear lots and lots from you.
God brings us here from all sorts of backgrounds. This is a great place to learn and fellowship.

Ursula
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.