bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why moved to a restricted section?  (Read 11956 times)

Kat

Re: Why moved to a restricted section?
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 08:25:48 PM »

Seminole,

Here is an excerpt from Ray Nashville conference that my be of help to you.

audio 8

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html --------

But there are some things that you can do and think about, to give yourself certain peace of mind and security.  That we really should have.  I’m sure, not all of you have it.  Some of you grasp at learning more than others.  You think, ‘I’ve got to learn more about life and I’ve got to learn this stuff Ray is teaching.’  ‘If I could just learn all this stuff.’  ‘I’ve got to learn, learn, learn.’  ‘I’ll get it down and I’ll be there, I’ve just got to learn.’ 
Now some of you may not be meant to learn a lot of stuff.  What I mean, some people are just not good learners.  And it’s not necessary that you learn all this stuff, you know.  I give you all this teaching and all these scripture and all these explanations and so on and you can’t remember it all.  That alright.  Did you get anything out of it?  ‘Well yea.’  If you know what I’m saying, that good, your getting something out of it.  You got a feeling, you’ve got a sense of, ‘I like God better now.’  You don’t think God thinks, you’re as bad as you think you are, sometimes.  Whatever goodness you get out of it.  Don’t worry about all the technical details. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

ciy

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 08:26:23 PM »

Seminole
Remember God has you on BT for some reason.  So stop thinking you do not have the knowledge and just decide to be teachable.

Please do not take this as anything other than encouraging advice from someone who has hit many snags and bumps along the way.  

Remember that the traditions of man will make the word of God of no effect so that when you read the word you make it conform to the doctrines that you were raised up with in church instead of believing what it means.  

Also stop kicking against the pricks and relax and believe.

You have read enough to know that there is no eternal hell, there is no freewill, the bible is, was, and will be so that it is happening in you now and will continue.  Accept that.

I have read over Ray's stuff numerous times and I continue to study the bible and I compare everything Ray writes with the bible.  I am telling you this to encourage you to not give up but to continue reading.  From now on open up your mind and let it be renewed by the word.  Let the word get rid of those old false doctrines so that you are free to believe the truth.

As a man thinks so is he.  Get a good attitude in God and believe the truth.
God bless
CIY

dawnnnny

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 08:44:55 PM »

All I have to say is that I appreciate the "rules" of this forum.  Without them, it would probably deteriorate into an AOL Born Again Online chat room (yikes)! 

I haven't been here long but I'm very thankful that the focus is on Ray's teachings (which are teachings from scripture).  Some of his teachings do bring up more questions and its nice to have a place to ask those questions!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 10:10:50 PM »

Hi dawnnny,

Thank you for the clear and concise message, in only your second post no less. The fact of the matter is if those among us are seeking debates and opinions and more teachings from babylon they can exercise this passion at thousands of other sites, I am not saying they need to withdraw or are in danger of being banned only that if they need to argue do it somewhere else.

The rules everyone agreed to are quite clear.

Thank you again!

His Peace to you,

Joe

iris

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 10:19:49 PM »

Hi CIY,

As a man thinks so is he.

I don't really think that's true. You can think your a king, but just because you think that, it doesn't mean that your a king. Is there a scripture that says something like that?
Just asking!!!   :)
Great post CIY!!!

Iris

gmik

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 11:07:40 PM »

Iris, as a man thinks in his heart, so is he.

ciy

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2007, 11:50:21 PM »

Iris,

It is Proverbs 23:7
"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee."

I love this verse.  It is not what a man says or really how he acts toward a person, but it is how he thinks in his heart.  I am probably being a little liberal with it when I apply it to one's attitude, but I believe it is certainly a powerful trait in a person.  When one truly gets the mind of Christ, just think of how that persons thinking in their innermost parts will affect how they live their life.

Totally free indeed.
CIY

iris

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2007, 12:06:25 AM »

CIY,

Thanks for the scripture!
Now that I've read and thought about it, I can see that if you have love in your heart, you will love all (or at least try to) and by having love in your heart, It will change you into an new person, with God's help.

Iris

sonofone

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2007, 05:21:38 PM »

Hi all I am new to this site and just wanted to chime in. I think as the moderator said you will always have disagreements with any decision that is made. There is unfortunately no way of getting around that. What I think or pray that would happen in instances like this is to show humility and love to each other on both sides of the issue. I feel for most of us who have found this site, feel like we have finally found our kindred spirits.In light of this we should be careful not to so easily threaten to leave such a wonderful opportunity for fellowship,nor should we so easily suggest leaving if you don't like it. I want all of you to know that I am watching to see how we treat one another hear,that is far more important than any revelation you believe you are in possesion of.James 3Vs13-17 says Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him let him show out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter envying and strife in your hearts,glory not,and lie not against the truth.This wisdom descendeth not from above,but is earthly,sensual,devilish. For where envying and strife are, there is confusion and every evil work.But the wisdom that is from above is first pure,then peaceable,gentle,and easy to be entreated,full of mercy and good fruits,without partiality,and without hypocrisy. So lets love each other,and continue on with one another. God bless P.S. I am not fussing or trying to be anyones teacher.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 05:35:14 PM by sonofone »

ciy

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2007, 05:37:32 PM »

Son of One

I appreciate your words and intention so do not be offended when I take issue with your following quote:

I want all of you to know that I am watching to see how we treat one another hear,that is far more important than any revelation you believe you are in possesion of

When it comes to revelation from God, it is far more important what anyone thinks whether it is a friend, brother, mother or wife.  Jesus said that if you are worried about what man thinks you cannot be saved.
Worrying about what people think is what kept people away from seeking to know Christ better. 

I think one of the main things people of the truth should do is not be so easily hurt by discussions and rebukes from brothers and sisters, but at the same time try each spirit to see where it is from.

Bless you.
CIY

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2007, 06:22:45 PM »

This is the best strategy I believe:

James 1:21 So get rid of all uncleanness and the rampant outgrowth of wickedness, and in a  humble spirit receive and welcome the Word which implanted and rooted contains the power to save your souls.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Harryfeat

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2007, 09:18:38 PM »

Hi all I am new to this site and just wanted to chime in. I think as the moderator said you will always have disagreements with any decision that is made. There is unfortunately no way of getting around that. What I think or pray that would happen in instances like this is to show humility and love to each other on both sides of the issue. I feel for most of us who have found this site, feel like we have finally found our kindred spirits.In light of this we should be careful not to so easily threaten to leave such a wonderful opportunity for fellowship,nor should we so easily suggest leaving if you don't like it. I want all of you to know that I am watching to see how we treat one another hear,that is far more important than any revelation you believe you are in possesion of.James 3Vs13-17 says Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him let him show out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter envying and strife in your hearts,glory not,and lie not against the truth.This wisdom descendeth not from above,but is earthly,sensual,devilish. For where envying and strife are, there is confusion and every evil work.But the wisdom that is from above is first pure,then peaceable,gentle,and easy to be entreated,full of mercy and good fruits,without partiality,and without hypocrisy. So lets love each other,and continue on with one another. God bless P.S. I am not fussing or trying to be anyones teacher.

Hey Sonofone,

Welcome to the forum. 

Your post reminded me of some discussions held in other threads.  Paraphrasing what I believe you are saying is its not enough to just know the truth but we must also try with God's grace to live it.

The verse that Arcturus posted was a blessing to me because it reminded me to re-examine that chapter in James and a great read, the remainder of that chapter in James is as follows:

Jam 1:21  Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
Jam 1:22  But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
Jam 1:23  For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror.
Jam 1:24  For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like.
Jam 1:25  But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
Jam 1:26  If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.
Jam 1:27  Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

While watching how others on this forum treat one another might give you an indication of how they practice what truths they have learned, but I believe the true guide for all of us is the truth of His word and not necessarily what others are doing. 

I agree that tolerance, patience, loving kindness, discernment,  speaking to  others as we would like to be spoken to should be some of the key considerations as we post our messages.  I agree with  CIY in that we should not be so affronted by what others post and try to hear things with less ego and more discernment for the meaning and spirit of the message conveyed to us.

If there are some types of messengers that cause me to be uncomfortable in some way, then I just stop reading their posts.  I realize that it is my problem, not theirs, but that is how I deal with it personally. I don't know how else to deal with it yet. Maybe I will soon.   I guess I'm not yet ready for prime time  internet. ;)

Thanks again for your message sonofone and a warm welcome to the forum

be blessed,
feat

« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 09:25:48 PM by Harryfeat »

sasscell

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2007, 11:12:38 PM »

I agree sonofone...."you shall know them by their fruits."

sonofone

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2007, 11:29:16 AM »

Hello again all. I saw a couple of responses to my post that I wanted to address. I thought about PMing but then thought if I put it here everyone would know where I am coming from. You know how when you say something and just after it leaves your lips you go wow! did that accurately describe what I intended to say?It happens to me from time to time. I am speaking in reference to my statement about watching to see how we treat one another here. To be honest I was a little lazy in adding the further clarity or qualifying that statement,instead leaving it out there hoping the scripture reference I left would flesh it out for me. The whole chapter of 1st Corinthians 13 fleshes out what I intended to convey with the statement I made.Vs 2 in particular probably comes closest to my actual words which reads AND THOUGH I HAVE THE GIFT OF PROPHECY,AND UNDERSTAND ALL MYSTERIES,AND ALL KNOWLEDGE;AND THOUGH I HAVE ALL FAITH,SO THAT I COULD MOVE MOUNTAINS,AND HAVE NOT LOVE I AM NOTHING.So all I was intended to say was that I am new to this forum and consider it a blessing to be able to fellowship here,yet while I am here I am still watching to see the spirit of the forum. Do we love and support one another when we have disagreements? because if we don't then we are no better than Babylon,because there to they are quick to boot you out when you don't see things there way. I am sure we all can relate to that.Before somebody says or has a negative reaction to that statement. I understand and agree with the rules of the forum and understand that some peoples intentions and or spirit leave no other peaceful alternative other than dismissing them.I am speaking more-so of the spirit of if you don't like it leave or go somewhere else. For many of us I suspect there is no place else to go to.I know for me this is the water in the middle of my dessert experience.I hope this cleared things up although I have that nagging feeling that the last statement I made may have been the proverbial Cow kicking over the pale of milk! If that is the case I am open to receiving a Pm to address it. Thanks God Bless.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2007, 11:54:53 AM »

Hello sonofone

What unites us here in the Forum is the teachings that have drawn and dragged us to this site. There are no other teachings anywhere in the world on any site in the world that come ankle high to the towering wisdom and truths we are freely given here.

Perhaps you need see what keeps us united rather than seeing our differences which are vast and multiple. In diversity there is unity here in this Forum because the teachings are of Christs Mind, Heart and Spirit. We all feed off that and fellowship in the unity of coming to know our Creator.

That is what our bond is. The Truth. All else are side issues I believe.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Andrew

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2007, 03:23:44 PM »

I am new to the forum and have never been part of a forum before so this is all new to me. About removing posts that don't adhere to the rules of this forum seems logical, imagine allowing everyone to use the forum as a free for all, say what you want, no restrictions need I say more can you imagine the chaos.

We are here because of Christ nothing else it is He that has dragged us here, I know for a fact I am not here by my own doing.

I have only recently been plucked out of "Babylon" about 2 months ago and have just about finished reading through BT.com for the first time. We have so much to be thankful for, knowing what we know, think for a moment about those that are still lost.

You can tell what type of a tree it is by the fruit that it bears, for a "newbie" I think I will stop here for now.

Grateful to be here

Bill

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2007, 10:23:16 PM »

Hello again all. I saw a couple of responses to my post that I wanted to address. I thought about PMing but then thought if I put it here everyone would know where I am coming from. You know how when you say something and just after it leaves your lips you go wow! did that accurately describe what I intended to say?It happens to me from time to time. I am speaking in reference to my statement about watching to see how we treat one another here. To be honest I was a little lazy in adding the further clarity or qualifying that statement,instead leaving it out there hoping the scripture reference I left would flesh it out for me. The whole chapter of 1st Corinthians 13 fleshes out what I intended to convey with the statement I made.Vs 2 in particular probably comes closest to my actual words which reads AND THOUGH I HAVE THE GIFT OF PROPHECY,AND UNDERSTAND ALL MYSTERIES,AND ALL KNOWLEDGE;AND THOUGH I HAVE ALL FAITH,SO THAT I COULD MOVE MOUNTAINS,AND HAVE NOT LOVE I AM NOTHING.So all I was intended to say was that I am new to this forum and consider it a blessing to be able to fellowship here,yet while I am here I am still watching to see the spirit of the forum. Do we love and support one another when we have disagreements? because if we don't then we are no better than Babylon,because there to they are quick to boot you out when you don't see things there way. I am sure we all can relate to that.Before somebody says or has a negative reaction to that statement. I understand and agree with the rules of the forum and understand that some peoples intentions and or spirit leave no other peaceful alternative other than dismissing them.I am speaking more-so of the spirit of if you don't like it leave or go somewhere else. For many of us I suspect there is no place else to go to.I know for me this is the water in the middle of my dessert experience.I hope this cleared things up although I have that nagging feeling that the last statement I made may have been the proverbial Cow kicking over the pale of milk! If that is the case I am open to receiving a Pm to address it. Thanks God Bless.

Sonofone,

Welcome to the forum.

You are correct we must do it in Love.  But you may get a knee jerk reaction from some as many are confused on what Love is.  As Ray puts it in his kiss of death article it is not all "huggie huggie kissie kissie" as many assume it is. You may also be interested in a transcript by Kat, from Ray's Love Audio.

We also need to remember whatever Truth and knowledge we do have is only in part and some are at different levels than others.

God Bless

Bill
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.