bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Will  (Read 5398 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Free Will
« on: August 05, 2007, 12:12:44 PM »

I had a christian tell me that they have free will to choose jesus and do anything and they provided two scriptures.

Ezra 7:13 "I make a decree, that all they of the people of Isreal, and of his priests and Lavites, in my realm, which are minded of "THEIR OWN FREEWILL" to go up to Jerusalem, go with thee."

Ezra 7:16 "And all the silver and gold that thou canst find in all the province of Babylon, with the FREEWIIL offering of the people, and of the priests, offering WILLINGLY for the house of their God which is in Jerusalem."

Pslam 119:108 "Accept, I beseech thee, the FREEWILL offerings of my mouth, O Lord, and teach me thy judgements."

what is your opinion?

Jerry

Dear Jerry:  The words "free will" do NOT prove the "doctrine of free moral agency" by any means. The words translated "freewill offering," merely means a "VOLUNTARY" offering, not one that is demanded. And those going to Jerusalem of their own "freewill" just mean their "OWN WILL," the word "free" has absolutely nothing to do with this verse, and many Translations do not use the word "free" will, but merely by their 'OWN WILL."
God be with you,
Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.