bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Poll

Do words hang you up at times.

all read
- 1 (100%)
all reply
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Words  (Read 5463 times)

ez2u

Words
« on: August 06, 2007, 03:52:03 PM »

This is a forum where studing with the anointing is encourage which is so blessed.  It seems we have a concentration of persons who God has brought together that has had their ears and eyes opened and they see alittle clearly than what others in Christianity has seen.  We thank God for this and with patience bear the other brothers and sisters in the Lord.  Something is on my mind and it isn't leting go.  At times when I have been in the spirit worshiping and caught up,  later my human words are not sufficent.  i guess what i am saying is human words especially without the anointing just are so empty or destructive and this is making me think.  think about what is going through my mouth and my head and my heart.  I know Jesus spoke only what the Father told Him to speak.  Is that right?  I am not saying we should stop talking because when a baby first begins to make sounds it alot of wonderful babble.  We start maturing. I read in the Bible where Paul was arguing about circumsion and he seem to have gotten angery and said i wish you would just castrate yourselves  Galatians 5:12  that just doesn't  sound like any thing but Paul speaking.  Its getting hasrd to speak for me because of what I am saying.  Is anyone else noticing this?  Are your ears getting sensitive to what you are saying? and all that is being said?  In Jesus Peggy

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Words
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 04:07:36 PM »

Hello Peggy

WOW! THAT sure got my attention! :D ;D

My translation does not say that Paul said to anyone to go and castrate themselves! My translation says

Gal 5:12 I WISH THOSE WHO UNSETTLE AND CONFUSE YOU WOULD GO ALL THE WAY AND CUT THEMSELVES OFF!

Paul noticed that some brethren were using their freedom to the advantage of their flesh in selfishness not service in love. This no doubt caused confusion and unsettled the brethren which Paul did not approve and rebuked! Notice what he said in the following verse.

13. For you, brethren, were indeed called to freedom; only do not let your freedom be an incentive to your flesh and an opportunity or excuse for selfishness, but through love you should serve one another.

You asked Peggy : Are your ears getting sensitive to what you are saying? and all that is being said?

Yes Peggy. That is important to become sensitive and not to be one of these to whom Paul said in Hebrews 5:11 Concerning this we have much to say which is hard to explain, since you have become dull in your spiritual hearing and sluggish even slothful in achieving spiritual insight. (Amplified translation) :)

I am glad you you becoming more sensitive! 8)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 04:09:26 PM by Arcturus »

sasscell

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 04:11:58 PM »

I think I see what you are saying Peggy.  There was a time that I blabbed and argued all the time.  I felt like I was supposed to witness, etc.  I ran more people off then I care to think about!!  Anyway, I noticed that there were  times that I was really being used and what I was saying was getting through and eventually, I put together how that felt verses the times I got nowhere.  There are times when just a casual conversation just changes.  Suddenly, I just know it's not me speaking anymore, the scriptures roll right off my tongue, the atmosphere just changes and I know it's the Spirit, AND this person on the other end is dumbstruck, like you just read his mail and he is changed.  Other times the conversation changed for the worse, I could hear myself saying the most hidious things as if I was listening to someone else talk.  Mostly this was when I was just trying to convince someone to see something my way.  Anyway, now days I don't say too much.  I'd much rather wait on Him to open those doors..there is nothing better than to be used of Him.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 04:19:45 PM by sasscell »

YellowStone

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 04:29:11 PM »

Hi Peggy, you have been given a wonderful insight and that you have recognised it is a blessing in itself. :)

I too have went through the same, for that matter am still. When we "let go" and "trust" God completely, we cannot help but see through different eyes and hear through different ears. The words that come out of my mouth; are they not a direct testament of the Spirit of Truth, so graciously given me? Without a doubt, YES!!!  :)

I hardly say a word, let a lone type a word in this forum without first giving great consideration to what I am typing, but even more importantly, Why? Letting go of old carnal ideals is not easy, and I am not sure if it can be done fully in our life here. To your point, did Paul lash out in frustration or not. God knows that the path is narrow and rough, but we should all know that when it appears straight and smooth; this is when we should hold to God's truth's like never before. For all is not what it seems.

Thanks for a great post,

Love,
Darren

ciy

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 05:17:46 PM »

Ponder Proverbs 16:1

"The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD"

This is pretty powerful and to your point.
CIY

ez2u

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 12:52:32 AM »

arcturus  I will study this out further thank you for your insight.

sasscell  yes that is what started this,  hearing and seeing clearer now its getting painful but I know that Jesus is changing me becauce the evidence is there  that I am I am seeing more clearly,  and my desires are growing stronger to walk in the spirit  I am slowing down in the flesh.    Jesus the suthor and finisher of our faith.  In Jesus peggy

musicman

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 01:39:01 AM »

Ouch!!! OUUUUUch!! Ez what did Paul say?  Oh,OOOH, OUUUUch!!  Please Paul!! I'm too old for that anyway!!!  I just won't be able to sing soprano, even if I cut off my.. .  OH NO!!!  I.. I just can't do it.

ez2u

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 03:14:02 AM »

oh musicman you are so funny you must be old like me totalk such.  anyway this needs more study to verify what Paul said which I am doing.  byee peggy

newoldstock

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 03:46:57 PM »

This is a good thread. I have been so concerned over my words and making sure that they are of the spirit that I have been almost afraid to post more here. Especially after reading a lot of your posts, I fear somewhat inferior at this point. I am reading a lot here and on Ray's site to bring me up to speed, but mainly I am reading the bible verses that you are posting and praying that God will open my eyes, ears, spirit, and direct my words. Thank you for your informative and positive posts. God bless, Jim.

gmik

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »

Musicman, that is tooooo funny ;D :D Jesus did say to cut off your hand or pluck out your eye so Paul was just taking it one step further ;)

Remember those of you from the faith message era??  Boy we watched what we said.  It was wrong to jokingly say "Oh, that movie scaird me to death."  Let you yea be yea and your nay be nay.  Speak the Word Only.  Be a man of few words.  A lot of truth there but also a lot of bondage.

Don't forget to avoid vain babbling too. (uh oh)

Sue Creamer

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 04:33:41 PM »

Jim...

All I have to say in few words...is "Ditto".
Sue Ann

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 05:42:16 PM »

arcturus  I will study this out further thank you for your insight.

Peggy that you have been inspired and encouraged to study more and seek HIM more is wonderful and truly precious! It is what makes sharing so rewarding. Thank you.

Peace to you

Arcturus  :)

« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 05:44:27 PM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.