bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Second Resurrection Insight  (Read 4354 times)

CEO

Second Resurrection Insight
« on: August 06, 2007, 07:38:55 PM »

Second Resurrection Insight

Matt. 8:11,12 "But I tell you that many from eastern parts and western parts will come and recline at the table with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of the heavens;whereas the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the darkness outside.  There is where their weeping and gnashing of their teeth will be."

Also Luke 13:28,29.  

If the patriarchs are in the second resurrection (which they are) as evidenced by Hebrews 11:39 '...these received not the promise'  and 1 Peter 1:12 'To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us...' ,was the holy spirit and salvation (in the first resurrection) then there is an order in the second resurrection, not everyone at once as in the first ressurection.  If Jacob has been given the promise and others are still in darkness and Jacob is in the second and others are in the second then Jacob has come through his spiritual resurrection more quickly than them.

Anyone agree?

Askseeknock

Charlie O

CEO

Re: Second Resurrection Insight
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 11:59:58 AM »

Roger

That is my point, the citizens of that kingdom, Babylon, where Satan's throne is, will be in outer darkness at the same time others from the second resurrection will have received the promise.      You helped clarify to me the meaning of the sons of the (that) kingdom.
     For some reason I had assumed the second resurrection was in the twinkling of an eye also.  Maybe it is and it takes longer for some to get through purging than others.
     This is just speculation using the clues from Matthew and Luke.

Thanks
                                                CEO

LittleBear

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 06:28:37 PM »

Hi Rodger,

That translation cleared it up nicely. And the quote from Ray about Mtt 7:22 explains who the citizens of that kingdom are.
When I was in the Pentecostal church many years ago, everyone seemed to have a "ministry" or a "gift" and really, it was a way to boost themselves and their ego, and not a way to honour or glorify God.

In God's kingdom, He gets all the glory.

Ursula

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 06:46:33 PM »

Hello CEO

Maybe it is and it takes longer for some to get through purging than others.

The Scriptures not only indicate "longer" but also "harder" too!

Luke 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with MANY stripes. 48. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes shall be beaten with FEW stripes.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.