bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Made my blood run cold  (Read 3643 times)

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Made my blood run cold
« on: August 07, 2007, 08:31:35 AM »

Hi guys,
I just received an email from bible.com due to the fact I use to visit there ages ago to read the Bible online. I haven't read any Bible, been to church or read anyones website since about 12 months ago that's when I first stumbled beautifully on to Bible Truths and never looked back. I couldn't help my self, I spent 15 minutes at bible.com just curious about their teachings, I looked at their teachings regarding hell, free will and satan also they called "Lucifer" and couldn't get out of there quick enough it gave me cold shivers and just made me sick to my stomach...........YUK !! I can't believe I was there 12 months ago.......I'm so grateful to our Father in Heaven for dragging me out of there about a year ago.
I hardly ever post (except a few jokes  ;))....but...this I just had to share......I was face to face with evil for about 15 minutes.

Love you all !!

John9362

hillsbororiver

Re: Made my blood run cold
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 11:04:20 AM »

Hi John,

Thank you for the testimony, I know how you feel Brother.

I still have scores if not over a hundred "Books of Babylon" in my personal library, there have been times when I want to just chuck them in the garbage or burn them but that day has yet to come. The sentiment you describe sounds exactly how I feel when I open one of these books to see where I was, what I used to hold true and all the confusion that was once my "faith."

The picture these books paint of our Lord and the Father make God appear impotent, weak, mean spirited and flawed, unable to complete or do His own will. We know this is not true.

I must admit I am incredulous that anyone can begin to know the true Living God who is Love personified and are able to sit through a sermon that claims the very opposite. Burning in hell for eternity for not tithing or not making an alter call or for not knowing His name in this lifetime is now unbearable reading or listening to.

For those who have not yet been introduced to or have their eyes opened to the infinite gift that is Christ I do have much empathy, I was there as well, but those who know and still worship in Babylon confound me to some degree. I say some degree knowing full well it is a decision of convenience.

His Peace to you John,

Joe

gmik

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 04:04:58 PM »

It is incredible to think of what we used to believe a scant year or two ago.  I can't stand hearing all that BS anymore either.

I just HAVE TO REMEMBER that there but for the Grace of God go I.  And try and be patient with others cuz boy if ya don't see it ya DON'T see it.

DuluthGA

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 05:15:58 PM »

Hi John9362,

I too can appreciate reflecting on "where I was" just even two short months when I joined this forum.... like wow... I've learned some cool things and perspectives... and I even feel more mature on my spiritual walk.  Amazing!  It is impressive that no one is ever standing still.

Love your jokes and thanks for this post,
Janice
 :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.