bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Moderators, what happened to the thread?  (Read 17310 times)

ciy

Re: Moderators, what happened to the thread?
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 08:46:58 PM »

This is a place of fellowship of the brethern.  It should be a place where perculiar that are called out of the world come to encourage each other in the truth.   When you are stretching for that mark that is set before you wanting to attain a better resurrection, you are walking a narrow, lonely path where the world does not have answers to your issues.  It is a hard teaching, but we should all be wanting to be growing in that knowledge and seeking to be faithful to the end.  If we listen to the world and look to the left or the right we can fall back into Bablyon and fall back into the way of the world. 

This is a unique place.  We can find arguing and disagreement everywhere we go in the world, but this should be the place where we can gain our strength back when we are dying daily and picking that cross up to go on to the end of things and rule with Christ.  If a little bit of the yeast of the pharisees (yes the church, the whore of Bablyon that we are to come out of and never look back) gets into this forum it is very hard to get out.  So the moderators must protect it dearly and keep it a hiding place from the world.

The following verses I believe speak to this.

Heb 3:13 But exhort (encourage) one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together (in this forum), as the manner of some is; but exhorting (encouraging) one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

It is serious.  It is freeing but it is serious.

CIY

hillsbororiver

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 08:51:02 PM »

Hi CIY,

A very astute post, there is no need for me to add a thing.

Thank you,

Joe

gmik

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 10:57:30 PM »

Ok, here I go....

Here is what gets me.  Someone makes a post.  Maybe in their "newbie-ness" they say something that may not be true. Now, there are some that instead of just correcting them w/ wisdom and scripture or a link, there is put-downs and such. Then it becomes arguing/debating.  That comes from members of the forum, not the moderators.

This is a haven for me.  I need the teachings and the comraderie, and I don't like it when some posts make me "heart heavy".  We welcme newbies and say "come on in, ask questions" but then some of us don't like the questions.  Please use the PM function and debate to no end if you like.  Quite frankly, some of you "debate" on things that I don't even get the distinction at all.  Like WHATEVER!!!!

I can't remember when a moderator has been rude or offensive.
Saying if you don't like it leave, is usually after posting the rules again for the umpteenth time. Maybe they are tired.

It is OK not to respond or jump into a post if you don't like it.  Just move on.

Remember, we are the body of Christ.  Oldies, remember the absolute shock/joy/life changing/life affirming/confusion/enlightenment/wonder/disbelief/study etc that we all go thru when we find Ray????????  Newbies are going thru that now.  We must LOVE one another.  Not an option.

Now, as one of the oldest in this family, I as your grandma, tell you to move on.  Stop worrying about where threads are and what not.  Lets get to the real business about learning and LIVING Christ!!!

I love you all.  I love BT and this forum.  Lets get over our selves and obey the Word.  Hey, I include myself in all this too.

ez2u

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2007, 12:41:15 AM »

WOW thanks Gina because as a newbie you hit the target!!!!  and city right on  I hear you  encouragement is needed.  I had no fellowship for years with this intensity nor so much teaching in a short span of time.  what took me 35 years is all in a package here.  There is so much here now to learn and grow with.  I see all the people who I have gotten to know as really unique individuals, molded differently passionate, very caring people. some of their answers seem harsh but that the passion for their love in Christ, they are expressing at times not anger.  I do believe Gina and I are in love with the forum    love Peggy

DuluthGA

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2007, 02:08:18 AM »

I love Gena our "Den Mother"  :) ... special thanks!  I believe she is in faithful, unifying service to Christ our Lord.

And amen, Peggy, we are each quite unique, and it helps to remember this periodically for unity's sake.

Thank you Kat for clarifying that the word search box is for whatever board one is on.

And Darren, since I have learned a thing or two from you in the past, here's an English word tip for you [I love the English language]:  The word you want to use is not "paramount" but "tantamount" = equivalent in value/significance.  For your future use.   ;)

May God grace us all.
Janice

GODSown1

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2007, 03:01:49 AM »

wow! slap! bang! boing!,
                                              Amen! & Amen! 2 d@ Hardowt!!! ma sisters in CHRIST, how can one learn da Truths if not here 2 b taught??, az Gena has said We welcum!, den say opPs!! NO not d@ Question lol! haha! krazy!!, Peace b 2 U all thru da JOY!, Grace & Mercy of our AlLmighty!! FATHER...
                                              muchLOVE!! Pera

ps. We must remember its all 4 da Building of Our FATHERS Kingdom, BLESSuP!!

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2007, 04:26:17 AM »

Ok, here I go....

Now, I as your grandma,

Pecan pie and nilla ice cream? Please Grandma, please, please, please?
Love you!

YellowStone

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2007, 12:26:15 PM »

I love Gena our "Den Mother"  :) ... special thanks!  I believe she is in faithful, unifying service to Christ our Lord.

And amen, Peggy, we are each quite unique, and it helps to remember this periodically for unity's sake.

Thank you Kat for clarifying that the word search box is for whatever board one is on.

And Darren, since I have learned a thing or two from you in the past, here's an English word tip for you [I love the English language]:  The word you want to use is not "paramount" but "tantamount" = equivalent in value/significance.  For your future use.   ;)

May God grace us all.
Janice

:) :) :)

Thanks Janice, that is exactly what I meant. "Tantamount" I like that word already. :)

Love In Christ,
Darren

gmik

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2007, 04:26:58 PM »

Uh Patrick.... you have mistaken me for a grandma FROM the 50's.  I am a grandma IN her 50's.....big difference...

I hardly ever cook!!! :P

(At the spring conference lets do lunch and I'll buy you a slice of Pecan pie/ice cream :D ;))

Thanks Peggy, Janice and Pera...I was hoping to help and not harm w/ my post.

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2007, 07:59:15 PM »

Uh Patrick.... you have mistaken me for a grandma FROM the 50's.  I am a grandma IN her 50's.....big difference...

BIG difference!  ;D

I hardly ever cook!!! :P

My mom was keeping one of the great grandsons not long ago, and she told me that a "list" was sent with him on what he will eat. We both laughed because she made us boys eat whatever she fixed, and she is a Cajun and LOVES to cook. Dad would have to put his foot down sometimes on what she wanted to prepare. :o

(At the spring conference lets do lunch and I'll buy you a slice of Pecan pie/ice cream :D ;))

Deal!

Chris R

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 09:45:04 PM »

Hello folks,

I reckon you all have different opinions about our moderators, some good, some not so good,

So schools out! The folks who help keep this site up and running deserve better than to be smashed at every turn, second guessed, and outright treated nastily.

When i was asked to help, EVERY post had to be approved! Craig then asked Dennis to allow a more open format, Then asked Me if i could help, I agreed and the board was quickly overrun with posts.

Fast forward through many disagreements that just might have shut this forum down, if not for the long hours, and steady hand of Mr. Craig Parsonssc, And both our prayers that we find a set of rules in which we could help keep the forum on the right track.

Then we were blessed with Joe, who has given stability to the forum by posting and sharing his own experiences with the members, giving the personal touch we all needed here. Then Kat with her excellent ability to format, and remember every note or letter to help us all keep on track with what it is we are discussing,  bible-truths.com

Then Recently Josh was asked to help and give us the benefit of his knowledge, and his ability to relate much better with the forums younger members.

We all work...I work 11 hours a day!..My Father is dying, My family needs me to help them in these, My Dads final days. We have families, We have problems, we are not perfect, none of us.

We discuss posts the best we can and we try and direct the forum towards the reason it was developed for to begin with.

What exactly did you all expect? that we would all quit our jobs...stop paying our bills, stop attending our families, so you could feel we are doing a better job moderating a chat forum? you have got to be kidding me!

IT ENDS NOW!  The Administrators, AND the Moderators created the rules, and in those rules you ALL have a responsibility to MODERATE yourselves!
DO NOT AIR YOUR GRIVIENCES ON THE BOARD! Write to me in a private message and we will then discuss your problem one on one, A single person can be a reasonable tempered individual, however "PEOPLE" alot of them carry on a mob like mentality, Be more tolerant! get over it..move on.

I'm sorry for how harsh this might sound, but..these moderators are good folks, who have given of themselves and their time for this forum.

Please pray about it

God be with you all

Chris R.

sasscell

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2007, 10:17:38 PM »

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.  It seems to me that we are at an empasse.  My goal is to make the moderators and the members see what is happening on both sides and hopefully, bring peace.  The moderators have rules that they feel need to be upheld, for the sake of preserving the forum and it's intent.  The forum needs this.  I have seen this forum invaded by those who hate all we believe and want to destroy it from within.  At the same time, the members feel silenced by moderators and see the sanctity of a safe place to question and learn destroyed.  Here's the rub:  This forum is all about discussing Ray's papers and the Truths he has learned.  A HUGE part of that is BABYLON and  a huge part of babylon is never to question anything, just trust that those above you are operating in your best interest.  This is the crazy paradox of what I see happening on this forum now.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2007, 10:34:54 PM »

Here's the rub:  This forum is all about discussing Ray's papers and the Truths he has learned.  A HUGE part of that is BABYLON and  a huge part of babylon is never to question anything, just trust that those above you are operating in your best interest.  This is the crazy paradox of what I see happening on this forum now.

Hi sasscell,

I don't understand how Ray's papers and the Truths he has discovered (through His Spirit) is Babylon.  ???

No one ever said that questions about the articles are forbidden, that is why we are here in the first place, to gain understanding. Read the articles, ask questions, give insights, testimonies on how these truths have impacted us in our journey, also to edify and comfort one another.

The trouble always begins by those who do not read anything insert "feelings" and opinions that do not have a basis in any of the papers and/or do not have scriptural authority. We as moderators are not here to referee debates, if anyone seeks this type of activity there are sites that promote it, no one is saying you must disfellowship from us but do the debating there and come here to discuss the articles that made this Forum possible here. It is not an either/or if you desire both, go for it!

I could see how there could be confusion if there were not an established set of rules in place that we agreed upon when we joined, the confusion, strife and contention begin when the rules are ignored and we as moderstors do not do an effective and consistant job of enforcing them, I must say I take a fair share of blame for that.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

sasscell

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2007, 10:41:46 PM »

NO JOE!! I am saying that alot of what Ray talks about is (speaking) of Babylon, what it is (christendom) WHO (christendom) teaches us to never question anything, etc, etc.  HUGE difference!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 10:47:31 PM by sasscell »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2007, 11:03:37 PM »

Hi Sasscell,

Yes it is.

Peace,

Joe

Redbird

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2007, 12:52:27 AM »

Dear Chris,

I am sad to hear that your dad is dying.  May God help you through these rough days ahead.

Jesus peace be with you,
Lisa

gmik

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2007, 12:58:09 AM »

Thanks Chris for your time and caring for this safe haven for us.  I would like to add my sympathies for your dad and your family.

We put my mom in a nursing home yesterday.

As family lets remember one another in prayer.

DuluthGA

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2007, 01:18:45 AM »

God's spirit was working in us at the same time Gena... I was trying to post this while you were just posting yours right now...

Please know, Chris, that we are all lifting your father and your family and you up in prayer.

Sincerely,
Janice

ez2u

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2007, 02:07:39 AM »

Folks we are not children and in fact probably most everyone here has  raised or is raising children so you know  about authority.  When peole come into a place to disrupted the unity it is done by half truths.  What appears to the flesh.  This forum has so much going for it this Word that God has given to us is too IMPORTANT to have anyone just come in and try to destroy it with petty disagreements.  THERE IS A MUCH BIGGER PICTURE HERE AND THOSE THAT FACES ARE TURN TO FOLLOW CHRIST JESUS sees there is so much imformation to grow with.  If a post that I post was deleted so what.  Who am I?  I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE WRONG AND LEARN IN HUMILITY.  My God can fight my battles a lot better than me.  Submitting to the authority that God places over my head and the rules of this forum is my JOB.  If the Lord see fit to raise me up to be a monitor than  with agreement I can change what I feel is best.  My job is to follow the rules or I can leave and that is the responsibility of everyone here.  I pray that the monitor will rid this site of people that are causing dissension so we can get on with our studying.  I believe this is a spirit of quarreling and dissention an d has no place in this study except to ruin it with petty controversity.  In humble service to our Lord Jesus Christ peggy

Redbird

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2007, 12:29:49 PM »

We put my mom in a nursing home yesterday.

As family lets remember one another in prayer.

I agree Gena. My mom has neared death herself twice.  It is very hard to watch our parents suffer. :'(

Prayers to all, Lisa
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.