bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moderators, what happened to the thread?  (Read 17309 times)

iris

Re: Moderators, what happened to the thread?
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2007, 01:15:44 PM »

Chris,

I am saddened to hear about your dad. May God be with you and help keep you strong through all your problems.
I'll be praying for you and your family.

Peace and Love
Iris

LittleBear

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2007, 10:15:57 PM »

Chris, I also am sorry to hear about your dad. It is a difficult place for you right now.

Gena, it must have been hard on you to put your mother in a nursing home. It's difficult to see our parents deteriorating and becoming confused and frail. I will be in the same situation soon as both my parents are frail, but still sort of managing in their home. God has it all under control.

This forum has its ups and downs, the tides change constantly. It is a learning experience for me and as Gena said, a haven. Life can be hard to manage sometimes, and I appreciate a place where people put the truth and the Father in the forefront. I appreciate the support I receive and the forum is also a place to get some perspective on the real reality (spiritual reality). I hope we can all grow together.

Love,

Ursula

Jackie Lee

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2007, 11:38:22 PM »

I am Praying for those on this board that has sick or aging parents.
Chris, Gena, ursula.
 My mother is getting frail and forgetful at times this is the hardest thing to face.
I really just pray for all the aging parents and their children.
I just remember when Mother was so strong now she is weak and I am not there to help or make any decisions.
All I can do is call her daily but I would like to be able to be close to help with the burden my sister has.
I just try and remember it is all in God's hands.

LittleBear

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2007, 11:55:11 PM »

Hi Jackie Lee,

Thank you so much. I think it's wonderful that you call your mother daily. I'm sure that your mother and sister appreciate that tremendously. I will pray for you and your family also. It is all in God's hands as you say. I also need that reminder because it's difficult to see my mother, who needs help, refuse the help. She can be really stubborn. But it's always a comfort to me when my one brother phones, and I can just talk about what's going on with my parents. I just thank God for his help and support, even though he lives on the other side of the country. I'm sure your sister feels the same when you phone, even though you feel helpless.

Hang in there Jackie Lee.

Love,

Ursula

pylady

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2007, 12:29:53 AM »

I pray that God's Spirit be with all of us on this forum, and with any future members He brings here, to build us into a loving family.  May His Spirit teach us love, kindness, and patience toward one another.  Especially, may He bless those who are taking the lead among us for their unselfish giving of their time and talent. 

They should be especially loved and appreciated by us.

May He give them a spirit of wisdom and understanding to do this difficult but necessary job.  I thank Him for moving their hearts to serve Him in this way.

Thank you moderators!

Chris R.  May God be with you and your family in this very difficult time.

Gena, I've been there with my dad.  It's a difficult but loving thing to do when they need more care than we are able to give them.

With Christian love,

Cindy

YellowStone

« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2007, 01:14:14 AM »

We put my mom in a nursing home yesterday.

As family lets remember one another in prayer.

I agree Gena. My mom has neared death herself twice.  It is very hard to watch our parents suffer. :'(

Prayers to all, Lisa

Hi Lisa, my mom is having a triple by-pass on the 22nd. She has had two heart attacks but she is still in good shape. :) I am really proud of her.

I think that's a great idea of collectively praying for the BT family and all loved ones. I hope your mom is settling in okay.

Thanks for your prayers and Love in Christ to you,

Your brother,
Darren

YellowStone

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2007, 01:18:26 AM »

To all the Moderators, please accept my sincerest apologies for any ill feelings that I caused.

I humbly seek your forgiveness.

Chris, so sorry to hear about your dad. :(

Love to all in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 01:36:09 AM by Craig »

Jackie Lee

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2007, 02:13:33 AM »

I am sorry Darren as I was reading through this thread I noticed you and Lisa need prayers for your parents too, I didn't mean to leave anyone out when I mentioned names.
Prayers for all.
Thank you Ursula for prayers and yes older parents can be stubborn, I believe they have a fear of losing their freedoms due to age.
I do think the moderators do a great job also, I knew there was no bickering when I signed up so I try and keep this in mind.

josh

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2007, 03:25:44 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

It is so easy to forget, when we are here, that there is life beyond these conversations... each of the individuals that fellowship here are experiencing God's gift of life in a very unique and personal way.

There are many here, who if they were totally honest and open, would tell us that they are experiencing a great deal of brokenness in their current life situation, both physically and spiritually.

It's easy to get carried away with our own feelings and forget the way that others may be feeling around us... perhaps tonight we can all take a few moments and lift each other up in prayer.

Galations 6:2-5
Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important. Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else. For we are each responsible for our own conduct.

May God grant us a heart like His.

God's Peace to you all.
Josh
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 03:50:29 AM by In Medias Res »

Chris R

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2007, 08:41:16 AM »

Thankyou all for your prayers, and for those with the same sitsuation, Gods peace to you all.

Chris R

bobf

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2007, 04:03:10 PM »

Titled 'well?'

It delt with the passage in isaiah;

Isaiah 66:23-25 "And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh."

Why are you moderators constantly removeing threads of honost sincere seeking people?

Can we not discuss such passages, and seek answers? This is really becoming frustrating and i can say honostly it is NOT what Christ would have us do.

None of us are wolves in sheeps clothing here, atleast i'm not, i want an answer, i am seeking and knocking, but if your just banning for that or deleting threads then i can't say i agree with your decisions and i'm rather upset.

So does ANYONE have an ANSWER to this passage, what it MEANS?

If ray has addressed this passage in isaiah, then why not give a link, or a quote from him? Why delete the thread?

The questions i had asked in the other thread were this.

The passage starts off saying 'shall all flesh come to worship before me' and i'm takeing that to mean All humanity because we know FLESH AND BLOOD cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven. So i doubt it means 'all carnal minds' or 'all physical bodies.' Regardless though the word ALL is still there, so whatever it is, it is EVERYONE.

Now my confusion lies in the fact that this 'ALL' goes out and looks at the "carcases of the men that have transgressed against me:"

Is this spiritual here? Is it physical?

How can ALL HUMANITY ['all flesh'] go and look at the carcesses of men that transgessed God, when these same men are apart of this ALL HUMANITY?

What is bieng said here? Is humanity look at itself and seeing the beast it truly was? Is this what God is saying? Will humanity 'ABHORE' its formerself and repent before for seeing its former self and ways?

Anyone have any answers to what this passage is saying?

Thank you for your imput and God bless,

Alex

Hey Alex,

Here is my understanding.  All mankind will come to worship before the Lord (all will be saved).  And they (all saved) will look back upon their former carnal self, whom God destroyed with unquenchable fire, and it will "gross them out" so to speak.  As far as I understand, the last things you said about all men seeing the beast hit the nail on the head.

Here are some parallel passages IMO.

Ezekiel 20:39 As for you, O house of Israel, thus saith the Lord GOD; Go ye, serve ye every one his idols, and hereafter also, if ye will not hearken unto me: but pollute ye my holy name no more with your gifts, and with your idols. 40  For in mine holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them in the land, serve me: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the firstfruits of your oblations, with all your holy things. 41  I will accept you with your sweet savour, when I bring you out from the people, and gather you out of the countries wherein ye have been scattered; and I will be sanctified in you before the heathen. 42  And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the country for the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to your fathers. 43 And there shall ye remember your ways, and all your doings, wherein ye have been defiled; and ye shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for all your evils that ye have committed. 44  And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have wrought with you for my name's sake, not according to your wicked ways, nor according to your corrupt doings, O ye house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD

Ezekiel 36:29  I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. 30 And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen. 31 Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

Hope that makes sense.

God bless,
Bob
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 04:07:25 PM by bobf »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.