bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Moderators, what happened to the thread?  (Read 17688 times)

lilitalienboi16

Moderators, what happened to the thread?
« on: August 08, 2007, 02:57:12 PM »

Titled 'well?'

It delt with the passage in isaiah;

Isaiah 66:23-25 "And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh."

Why are you moderators constantly removeing threads of honost sincere seeking people?

Can we not discuss such passages, and seek answers? This is really becoming frustrating and i can say honostly it is NOT what Christ would have us do.

None of us are wolves in sheeps clothing here, atleast i'm not, i want an answer, i am seeking and knocking, but if your just banning for that or deleting threads then i can't say i agree with your decisions and i'm rather upset.

So does ANYONE have an ANSWER to this passage, what it MEANS?

If ray has addressed this passage in isaiah, then why not give a link, or a quote from him? Why delete the thread?

The questions i had asked in the other thread were this.

The passage starts off saying 'shall all flesh come to worship before me' and i'm takeing that to mean All humanity because we know FLESH AND BLOOD cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven. So i doubt it means 'all carnal minds' or 'all physical bodies.' Regardless though the word ALL is still there, so whatever it is, it is EVERYONE.

Now my confusion lies in the fact that this 'ALL' goes out and looks at the "carcases of the men that have transgressed against me:"

Is this spiritual here? Is it physical?

How can ALL HUMANITY ['all flesh'] go and look at the carcesses of men that transgessed God, when these same men are apart of this ALL HUMANITY?

What is bieng said here? Is humanity look at itself and seeing the beast it truly was? Is this what God is saying? Will humanity 'ABHORE' its formerself and repent before for seeing its former self and ways?

Anyone have any answers to what this passage is saying?

Thank you for your imput and God bless,

Alex

YellowStone

Re: Moderators, what happened to the thread?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 03:51:07 PM »

Hi Alex,

Moderators please forgive me for responding, but I too have noticed threads being deleted for no clear or apparent reason.

Several days ago, Kat and Pax had a difference of opinion and I tried to smooth the water and bring about peace. One of the two pretty much slammed me, enough so that I was PM'ed by another member asking "what was that all about?"

I gave a lot of thought to my response, and responded in a loving and Christ like manner (NO, Not Scathing, but gentle for I was talking with a fellow brother/sister) Only I could not save the post, because the thread was deleted.

I too find this confusing. If someone posts something inappropriate, why not delete the post, why delete the entire thread? Is not God judging us individually, not collectively. Yet it seems that everyone is being punished for the mistakes of a few. I fully realize that Craig may well tell me: "If you don't like it, then leave. There 100's of other places out there that you can say what you want." But even this is a cop out, because on one hand we are told we are here by the calling of God, yet we can be cast out because we dare question something.

These are legitimate concerns, because if God is dragging each one of us here, who would dare suggest that any should just leave!! This is tantamount to calling the potter mistaken. Please understand that I am NOT talking about newbies or trouble makers. I am talking about tried and proven members being told they can leave. Where is the Spirit in such words?

Sorry Alex if this has hijacked your thread, but I can honestly say that I am hearing one thing and experiencing another. Yet Truth cannot be at odds with Truth, nor the Spirit with the Spirit. There MUST be harmony in mind, heart and soul, which collectively becomes the Body of Christ.

Stepping off my soap box......

If any wish to flame me, please do so in an edifying maner. :)

Love to all in Christ, the Lamb
Darren
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 04:38:22 PM by YellowStone »

rk12201960

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 04:12:13 PM »

ok little help here.
BT is for discusing truths learned on the site, if we keep drifting away from this rule this is what happens.
I understand we want to learn other things and thats ok but conflict comes up does it not. Stick to the program as it is arranged by GODS will and Pleasure.
There are soooo many things that hasn't been covered and God has provided the answers, we are being taught something here lets get a grasp on it. Do you believe this site is directed by God?
ok then lets follow His lesson plan and build on SOLID GROUND>

In Christ
Randy
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 04:13:57 PM by Randy »

YellowStone

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 04:22:09 PM »

Randy,

What greater truth is there then living, breathing, and speaking the fruits of the Spirit in an edifying manner to all, especially fellow brothers and sisters in Christ? :)

I think this is what you were meaning, at least I hope it was.

Love in Christ, the Lamb
Darren

Kat

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 04:41:18 PM »

Thanks Randy  :)

Alex, I have no idea what thread you are referring to, was this suppose to have happened recently?  None like that were deleted that I know of.

Darren, you seem to be implying that I 'slammed' you and then pulled the thread before you could reply.  It was not I.

There seems to be a lot of aggressive questions about what the moderators are doing lately.  Some seem to think that we are stifling your voice to discuss certain matters and removing posts and threads left and right. 
This is not the cast!
I think people are getting carried away with this idea, let's be realistic, there is no moderator gone amok  ;)

This forum is not an open forum for people to discuss whatever they come up with.  Some topic are removed and some posts are removed if they are obviously not appropriate, and yes we use our own discretion.  But usually we ask the other mods for their opinion too. 
We are the BT forum, for the purpose of sharing what is there.  We have allowed many topics, that are not specific to BT.  But we will not allows people to openly challenge was is presented on BT, or bring in heresy or teach their own theology.  If you have a problem with something the thing to do is email Ray, he reads all his email and will get to yours. 
I will say if you think a moderator/moderators are doing things wrong here, then pray about it, after all God is in charge here.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

YellowStone

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 04:58:09 PM »

Hi Kat,

Where did I say or imply that it was you who slammed me and where did I say or imply it was you who deleted the thread.

Did I not say and I quote:  :)

Several days ago, Kat and Pax had a difference of opinion and I tried to smooth the water and bring about peace. One of the two pretty much slammed me, enough so that I was PM'ed by another member asking "what was that all about?"

I gave a lot of thought to my response, and responded in a loving and Christ like manner (NO, Not Scathing, but gentle for I was talking with a fellow brother/sister) Only I could not save the post, because the thread was deleted.

I mentioned no ones name and neither did I speak ill of anyone, so no Kat, you read into something that was not said or implied.  :)

But I still do not understand why threads just vanish, while others simply get locked. If they are to be removed (deleted) why not move them to the moderators area with a note explaining why. Something like: "This topic is in clear opposition to Ray and as such has been removed for the good of all" Possibly with a link to the paper or article of Ray's that refutes what is being stated. If this is the truth, then surely it is worth standing behind.

Kat, I do not think ill of you and I am not judging you or labeling you other than a valued sister in Christ. Let us at lease agree on this. :)

Oh, and this is great advice: "I will say if you think a moderator/moderators are doing things wrong here, then pray about it, after all God is in charge here." :)

Love to you in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 05:07:41 PM by YellowStone »

sasscell

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 05:08:10 PM »

I like Darren's idea about a note or something...not even an explaination but at least a courtesy saying it's been deleted.  I went back to look over that thread and couldn't find it anywhere. I wasted alot of time sifting all the boards looking for it.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 05:31:24 PM »

But I still do not understand why threads just vanish, while others simply get locked. If they are to be removed (deleted) why not move them to the moderators area with a note explaining why.

Perhaps a review of the rules you agree to when you join the forum is in order.

This forum is moderated, if you feel you cannot accept the bounds of a limited forum then don’t join.  The moderators do not have the time to explain every decision to you on why a post was deleted, so don’t expect it.

The moderators will generally try to remove posts before banning a member, don’t take it personally.  If you see your posts being removed then perhaps you should review what you are writing to make sure is goes along with the forum rules.  If you are asked to let a subject drop, or a particular subject is off limits then please abide by what the moderators ask.  Don’t necessarily expect a reason for the request, many things go on behind the scenes of the forum and the moderators are doing what they feel is best.

If you have a problem with a moderator, the way the forum is managed, or another user of the forum then address this through private mails.  Publicly airing your grievances will be grounds for banishment.

Kat

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 05:36:16 PM »

I will say that it takes a lot of time to read through all the posts here everyday.  Most of the mods have a full time job and family responsibilities.  Yet they are devoted and come in here every day, even though they have limited time to spend.  
Some have been doing this for a long time and have great discernment in what to remove or delete, I guess you need to trust us.  We all are doing the best we can and that will have to suffice.

The rules state;

This forum is moderated, if you feel you cannot accept the bounds of a limited forum then don't join.  The moderators do not have the time to explain every decision to you on why a post was deleted, so don't expect it.

sasscell, a key word in the search box, will narrow your search a lot.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

iris

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 05:46:53 PM »

I will say that it takes a lot of time to read through all the posts here everyday.  Most of the mods have a full time job and family responsibilities.  Yet they are devoted and come in here every day, even though they have limited time to spend.  
Some have been doing this for a long time and have great discernment in what to remove or delete, I guess you need to trust us.  We all are doing the best we can and that will have to suffice.

The rules state;

This forum is moderated, if you feel you cannot accept the bounds of a limited forum then don't join.  The moderators do not have the time to explain every decision to you on why a post was deleted, so don't expect it.

sasscell, a key word in the search box, will narrow your search a lot.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Kat, if you put a key word in the search box, will it search the entire forum?

Iris

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 05:48:25 PM »

Hello lilitalienboi16

One thing I know for SURE is that the Scriptures do NOT contradict. So when there appears to be a contradiction it is because I am seeing the Word of God that is Spirit and Truth, with my carnal literal eyes. If that happens then I know that there has to be a witness for that Scripture because another thing I know for SURE is that no Scripture is an interpretation unto itself. God's Word have counter parts and witnesses elsewhere in the Word of God. Maybe God wants you to take all the tools and then He will disclose to you what He means Himself! Here are the tools. http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

I do not have your answer. I just hope that the two steps from equally important 10 others, into finding out the Truth and what God means, can also help and encourage you to dig deeper! Understanding comes from His Spirit.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 05:51:59 PM by Arcturus »

Kat

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 05:49:31 PM »

Hi iris,

No, it will search the board you are on.
You can aso hold down the Ctrl key and hit the 'F' and it will give you a page search, that can be useful.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

iris

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 05:55:05 PM »

Hi Kat,

That will be very helpful.
Thank You!  :)

Iris

Robin

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 06:07:11 PM »

I feel the moderators have been given authority over the forum and we should respect their authority and the decisions they make. If we disagree with something we should send a private message asking for clarification and not call the moderators out on the public forum. Addressing issues like this on the public forum only leads to division. We have lost members to this kind of division in the past.

We are guests on this forum. It is not a democracy.

Romans 16:17
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

1 Corinthians 1:10
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 3:3
For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

YellowStone

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 06:09:21 PM »

Well said MG :) VERY WELL SAID!!!!!!!

Love in Christ,
Darren

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 06:25:46 PM »

To add MG

These six things the Lord HATES, indeed, seven are an ABOMINATION to HIM. .......he who sows discord among his brethren.   Prov 6:19

We are all brethren here because we have been drawn here through the Truths taught by Ray.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

seminole

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 06:42:05 PM »

Is Bible-Truths this forum or is it Ray's site that he writes stuff on? I'm confused. I thought this was the place where we study, question, etc. and that Ray doesn't come here. Which one is right?

Kat

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 07:10:59 PM »

Hi seminole,

Ray's and Dennis (his friend and webmaster) were the founders of the Bible-truths.com site.  As a results of having that site, they decided to give those who learn from his site a place to fellowship, share and discuss what is being learn at BT.  It is a direct result of his site.  Dennis keeps it going, Ray never comes here.  He devotes his time to writing his papers.  He believers if he tried to visit even occasionally, he would get drawn into the discussion and have a hard time leaving, so he doesn't come at all.
That's what I know about this, hope it helps  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Redbird

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 07:20:53 PM »

Alex,

By any chance are you thinking of an old thread titled "Members Join In" - I think I recall that verse being questioned.  Ray, himself, did join in that conversation on the forum.  I'll try to research it for you.

Peace, ~ Lisa

It is on page 35 of general discussions, it deals with the prior verses in Isaiah. :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 07:32:46 PM by Redbird »

seminole

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2007, 07:42:54 PM »

Thaks Kat, that helped my understanding a lot.
Seminole
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.