bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does sin cause sickness?  (Read 8270 times)

newoldstock

Does sin cause sickness?
« on: August 09, 2007, 02:20:52 AM »

AMPLIFIED James 5:14 Is anyone among you sick? He should call in the church elders (the spiritual guides). And they should pray over him, anointing him with oil in the Lord's name. James 5:15 and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him.

Does sin cause sickness? 
How come 5:15 links sins to sickness? Does sin cause sickness? Does healing sickness also heal sin and visa versa? And why would James say "if" when all have sinned and continue to sin?

Brett

Re: Does sin cause sickness?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 02:55:09 AM »

AMPLIFIED James 5:14 Is anyone among you sick? He should call in the church elders (the spiritual guides). And they should pray over him, anointing him with oil in the Lord's name. James 5:15 and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him.

Does sin cause sickness? 
How come 5:15 links sins to sickness? Does sin cause sickness? Does healing sickness also heal sin and visa versa? And why would James say "if" when all have sinned and continue to sin?

Intersting, I would like to see what others saying about this. I read transcripts in Ray's audio about Jesus' illness on earth (with scriptural), but it is not because Jesus sin, He never sin, yet, He did have pain, sick, etc. It was from Nashville Conference 2007 in forum, the subject is "WHO AND WHAT IS JESUS?"
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html

But in James 5:14-15, I couldn't see that sin cause sickness. I'm not sure. I think it will be good threads ;).

Brett :D

« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 03:50:26 AM by Brett »

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 03:41:57 PM »

Hi all,
I believe some scripture was posted the other day which explains about disabilities in people:

(Exo 4:10)  And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.

(Exo 4:11)  And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

All is from God, who are we to understand His ways. Does the clay pot ask the potter why we are this way?

I beleive sin causes "spiritual" sickness. The word salvation means to heal..........spiritual healing. He is our saviour.

God Bless
Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 05:27:05 PM »

Hello newoldstock

Perhaps this will settle your question. Found at : http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2862.0.html

Who makes people sick God or satan?  Preachers say God is all powerful but then give satan all the credit when something bad happens.

Dear Reader:
    I can give you the simple answer, but few there be who [1] believe it or [2] understand it.
    "ALL is of God," but God never lies, never temps people, and never causes people to sin.
    Men lie, and men are tempted by their own lusts, and men sin VOLUNTARYILY from their heart.

Yes, Satan causes disease, Luke 13:16, but only because it is in God's plan and purpose that there
    be disease in the first place.
    God be with you,
    Ray

The false teachings that are endemic in the Church of Babylon give rise to fears that we are not good enough, that we can be punished in eternal hell that we are to blame for our illness or that we are responsible for what happens to us. Well, only God is Responsible. We are accountable and will be brought to account by God in the Resurrection. As for what is happening to us in our life times, I believe the answer Ray gives in the above teaching should set free and settle all doubts.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 05:28:49 PM by Arcturus »

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 06:06:30 PM »

AMEN Arcturus,

Sandie x
Walk in the Spirit

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 06:08:30 PM »

x to you too Sandie :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.