bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Shadow  (Read 4166 times)

ciy

Another Shadow
« on: August 09, 2007, 10:51:54 AM »

Here is a verse to chew on.  It just speaks to me of the experience of the chosen being called out of the world and that time spent being tried,humbled, and led by God until that old man is gone and cannot dwell in the promise land on the other side of the desert experience.

Jer 2:6 Neither said they, Where is the LORD that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, that led us through the wilderness, through a land of deserts and of pits, through a land of drought, and of the shadow of death, through a land that no man passed through, and where no man dwelt?

CIY

YellowStone

Re: Another Shadow
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 01:22:46 PM »

I agree CIY,

The greatest mistake for anyone being led by the Spirit is to forget the prize.

1Cr 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

It would be a mistake in my opinion for any to let their guard down, even for a second. It is not the twisted, rocky, up hill and narrow road that one should fear most. It is when the road widens, smoothens and levels out that one should call on all the protection that God has given us.

Eph 6:13   Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
Eph 6:14   Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
Eph 6:15   and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
Eph 6:16   In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
Eph 6:17   Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Eph 6:18   And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints

It scares me when things start to look a little to good. Complacency is trust in oneself over God.

So CIY, I think that this is what your Scripture is meaning: For they became complacent and sought their own solutions.

Well this is how I understand it.

Love in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 01:25:37 PM by YellowStone »

ciy

Re: Another Shadow
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 04:46:22 PM »

Darren

I agree when the road is wide and the way is smooth and everybody is slapping you on the back saying what a great guy you are is when you may have just made a wrong turn and left your first love.

CIY
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.