bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am led to believe .....  (Read 4872 times)

YellowStone

I am led to believe .....
« on: August 10, 2007, 12:55:32 PM »

This may well be the wrong place to post this; however, there has been a lot of talk about "spiritual" growth and how the Spirit has changed our lives. Well I found this song on youtube and it really spoke to me, because I have been changed and I have let go of my past ideals, in order to see things as they are.

The words of this song (Affirmation by Savage Garden) might mean something different to each one of us, so I thought I would share them. I wonder what insights the Spirit has allowed each of us to see clearer now. The ones listed below are just a sample, but it is a start. Please share. :)

Affirmation (sans repeated chorus)

I believe the sun should never set upon an argument
I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands
I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you
I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do
I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem
I believe I'm loved when I'm completely by myself alone

I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned
I believe you can't appreciate real love 'til you've been burned
I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side
I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye

I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality
I believe that trust is more important than monogamy
I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul
I believe that family is worth more than money or gold
I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair
I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires

I believe forgiveness is the key to your own happiness
I believe that wedded bliss negates the need to be undressed
I believe that God does not endorse tv evangelists
I believe in love surviving death into eternity

Love to all in Christ, the Lamb,
Darren
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 02:25:01 PM by YellowStone »

Redbird

Re: I am led to believe .....
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 03:33:02 PM »

Yeah, Darren.   :)

And I believe...
Everything is gonna be alright.

In His Peace and Love, Lisa

YellowStone

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 05:01:13 PM »

Thanks Lisa,

I believe we will be alright too :)

It's just amazing how things appear different when we look at the big picture.

Love to you in Christ,
Darren

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 01:11:59 PM »

High Darren

;D Interesting song but I looked at the lyrics a littler differently  ;D

This verse was taken from the Bible...good start

THis too is there ..submit yourselves

When you eat and drink ....do it for the Glory of God : a Jack in the box cheezybite satifies your deepest lust, so you sow to that and glog your arteries.  It does nothing to God unless you are totally without food and HUNGRY and all you have is a delicious cheesybite.(little fried macaroni and cheeses triangles)

God gave them limited skills for some to get you where you are now GOOD reason

Almost ALL magazines do this they are in business to appeal to your lusts (you do not have it and now you want it)  DUH!

You are loved because God made you. Your only duty is to love Him and not yourself

KARMA KRAP Stupid major lie. What did Jesus DO (heal teach raise the dead feed)to deserve what they did to Him

All oppsities do this ...it is another leaf off the tree of Good and evil
If you eat off the tree of life ...you are never hurt when you give AGAPE love because you espect nothing in return

I believe the grass is no more greener on the other sideSure it is my neighbor always has their sprinklers on and I have never seen mine work.... Thous shall not covet.. those things belong to God anyway   

Another self cenetered thought.. you should think higher of them than yourself

WRONG  I am doing a huge study on this ....this is a partial truth warapped around a huge lie

Lie is more blatent . Monogamy= trust. If the person has sex with someonelse then what are you trusting them for?? Duh

OUr most attractive feature is that we were created by a oving and Merciful creator. Man's hearts and souls are menstrual pads according to Jeriamiah   

I believe that family is worth more than money or goldYes they are but not more important that Following Christ

Yes it is get over it. Be thankful whatever God has given you, if not enough then he is chastizing you..rejoice if he is giving you great wealth ... rejoice and share it

Yeah like I care what most of them think... There are many financially free people who live economically and freeer than the millioniar (who is always thinkin who going to sue,cheat. rob or kidnap his children ...yeah that really sounds like freedom.

Another Bible quote stuck in the sandwich to fool you

True :  Eevn in heaven the bride has a spotless gown on, you do not want to be naked then

Even the ungodly see this

Another Bible truth, that sounds nice to them but for the believers it is so rich in the Mystery of God that few of us can fatham it.

I am trying to look at everything the world puts out more critically. I often find my self falling for most of the slick packaging.

Beloved

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 01:56:34 PM »

To Darren and Peggy and whoever out there needs to hear this today

Now here is a song that will knock your spiritual socks off  (If you eyes to see and ears to hear) and it should because You are on Holy Land

(Psa 107:KJVR) 

O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth forever.   
READ ON this is great

Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

and gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south.

They wandered in the wilderness in a solitary way; they found no city to dwell in.

Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them.

Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses.

And He led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation.

Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.

Such as sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, being bound in affliction and iron;

Because they rebelled against the words of God, and contemned the counsel of the most High:

Therefore he brought down their heart with labor; they fell down, and there was none to help.

Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses.

He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and broke their bands in sunder.

Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

For he hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder.

Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted.

Their soul abhorreth all manner of meat; and they draw near unto the gates of death.

Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses.

He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters;

These see the works of the LORD, and his wonders in the deep.

For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.

They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble.

They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wits' end.

Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses.

He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.

Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven.

Let them exalt Him also in the congregation of the people, and praise him in the assembly of the elders.

He turneth rivers into a wilderness, and the watersprings into dry ground;

A fruitful land into barrenness, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein.

He turneth the wilderness into a standing water, and dry ground into watersprings.

And there he maketh the hungry to dwell, that they may prepare a city for habitation;

And sow the fields, and plant vineyards, which may yield fruits of increase.

He blesseth them also, so that they are multiplied greatly; and suffereth not their cattle to decrease.

Again, they are minished and brought low through oppression, affliction, and sorrow.

He poureth contempt upon princes, and causeth them to wander in the wilderness, where there is no way.

Yet setteth he the poor on high from affliction, and maketh him families like a flock.

The righteous shall see it, and rejoice: and all iniquity shall stop her mouth.

Whoso is wise, and will observe these things, even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the LORD.

I am sure that this song will be in the Lamb's Song Book.
Look at all He did and the three calls /and three reminders to Praise and Glorify Him and His Majesty.

OH Glory to My Most Gracious and Loving God

:D :D :D :D :D          Beloved ( there I am in the back row)
     :D :D :D
       :D :D
           ;D

YellowStone

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 03:30:22 PM »

High Darren

Hi back Beloved, :)

I am grateful for your response. I figured this post might spark some serious insight and perhaps soul searching. I will comment in green. :)

;D Interesting song but I looked at the lyrics a littler differently  ;D

This verse was taken from the Bible...good start

THis too is there ..submit yourselves

When you eat and drink ....do it for the Glory of God : a Jack in the box cheezybite satifies your deepest lust, so you sow to that and clog your arteries.  It does nothing to God unless you are totally without food and HUNGRY and all you have is a delicious cheesybite.(little fried macaroni and cheeses triangles)

God gave them limited skills for some to get you where you are now GOOD reason

Almost ALL magazines do this they are in business to appeal to your lusts (you do not have it and now you want it)  DUH!

You are loved because God made you. Your only duty is to love Him and not yourself
I think there is indeed wisdom in the words of this song. How better way to hear and feel God when you are far removed from anyone else and all distractions.

Psa 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

At least these are the times that I know I am closest to God and I feel his love the most.

KARMA KRAP Stupid major lie. What did Jesus DO (heal teach raise the dead feed)to deserve what they did to Him
I think people get hung up on the word and forget the spiritual significance behind the message.  Why then the words of Christ?

Mat 7:12  So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Likewise the words of David in the 23rd Psalm:  "Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,..." [Psa 23:6] Goodness and Love, who would not want that? Goodness attracts goodness, love attracts love. In fact all of the fruits of the Spirit will attract the same, just as Evil will attract evil. The Scriptures warn us of this.

Proverbs 4:14 Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evil men.
Proverbs 4:15 Avoid it, do not travel on it; turn from it and go on your way.

Beloved, of course bad things happen. But try smiling at a checkout girl/boy you will most likely receive a smile in return, what chance of a smile if you scowl? I very much believe that if one shows love and charity through an open, honest and loving heart, the same will be given in return. I have seen it over and over again. :)

All oppsities do this ...it is another leaf off the tree of Good and evil
If you eat off the tree of life ...you are never hurt when you give AGAPE love because you espect nothing in return

I think we are in agreement here, I think :)

I believe the grass is no more greener on the other sideSure it is my neighbor always has their sprinklers on and I have never seen mine work.... Thous shall not covet.. those things belong to God anyway   
Um, I think the point was totally lost here. On the other side of what? I do not think a fence is being referred too. :)

To me, these words are speaking of being envious and jealous of others, of what they might have that you do not. We all know that the material possessions of this world are only temporary. Do the Scriptures not teach us that God will provide for us, that He will give us what we need when we need? :)

Mat 6:30  Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, [shall he] not much more [clothe] you, O ye of little faith?
Luk 12:28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith?

Really, how much greener is the grass on the other side? What the words are saying to me, forget the other side and put all your trust in God.

I am very surprised at your response, after all you agreed with putting your happiness in other peoples hands :( Having lost many dear friends through death and moving around, I know well the hole that their being gone can leave in ones heart. You might call me self-centered, that is your choice, but do you or are you so completely at peace with yourself and God, that saying goodbye to a  loved one doesn't bring back countless memories of fun times and many conversations that were had over the years. I know for a fact that people such as these were a bigger part of me than I knew.

WRONG  I am doing a huge study on this ....this is a partial truth wrapped around a huge lie
Beloved, unless you can read the mind of God, I would not be so quick to judge. Just for interest, did those who are neither physically 100% male or 100% female, choose to be this way. I think not, who would want that and who could decide that before birth. Granted, this is just a single aspect, but worthy of consideration.

Lie is more blatent . Monogamy= trust. If the person has sex with someonelse then what are you trusting them for?? Duh
I believe you missed the point Beloved. Monogamy = having only one spouse at a time. I know many marriages where neither the husband nor the wife trust the other, yet they are married but not happily. I would not want this, if my wife could not trust me, I would leave her, just as I would leave her if I could not trust her. Regardless if either of us was sleeping with another or not. What use is being married if there is no trust. I stand by these words. Trust must come first in any relationship.

OUr most attractive feature is that we were created by a oving and Merciful creator. Man's hearts and souls are menstrual pads according to Jeriamiah   
When the words "Heart and Soul" are used, they refer to not what a person looks like, nor how much money they have or the house they live in and especially the words that they say. Rather these two words mean to me, "who you are" , not "what" you are and "what you do" not what you say. Are these not gifts (spiritual) from God, are they not easily seen as such?

I believe that family is worth more than money or goldYes they are but not more important that Following Christ
Yes, but Christ was not mentioned. :)  But then who can love and follow Christ with out first loving and providing material and spiritual necessities first. Mony or Gold will not appease God, but sharing the gifts given unto you with  your family will not go unnoticed. For it is what we as parents are instructed to do.

Yes it is get over it. Be thankful whatever God has given you, if not enough then he is chastizing you..rejoice if he is giving you great wealth ... rejoice and share it
I feel a hint of animosity here. :( Remember what the song said about the grass not being greener on the other side :)

Yeah like I care what most of them think... There are many financially free people who live economically and freeer than the millioniar (who is always thinkin who going to sue,cheat. rob or kidnap his children ...yeah that really sounds like freedom.
Yep, I am definitely feeling it. Big business or just about any business wants you to spend more and more. Yet the words of this song has discounted this thinking twice.

1. I believe beauty (you said most) magazines promote low self esteem.
2. The grass is not greener on the other side.

The millionaires that own and run these big corporations and magazines do not believe this, and certainly do not want anyone else believing it either. There is truth behind these words Beloved. :)

What are you saying? :(
Are you even suggesting that one should not forgive. Who is fooled? :(

Mar 11:25  And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

True :  Eevn in heaven the bride has a spotless gown on, you do not want to be naked then

Even the ungodly see this

Another Bible truth, that sounds nice to them but for the believers it is so rich in the Mystery of God that few of us can fatham it.

I am trying to look at everything the world puts out more critically. I often find my self falling for most of the slick packaging.
Beloved, I tried to respond to you as truthfully and as honestly as I could. I noticed that in another post you responded to Peggy, did she post something and then deleted it? If so then this is sad. :(

I hope you can receive this post in the love that which it was sent.
Love to you, in Christ, the lamb
Darren

Beloved
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 03:35:09 PM by YellowStone »

Beloved

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 04:35:12 PM »

I had to go out to lunch but my adendum post did not get on and now I will have to re-write it.

You wrote:
 I wonder what insights the Spirit has allowed each of us to see clearer now. The ones listed below are just a sample, but it is a start. and said .....Please share.

I am not critisizing your response to the lyrics I was sharing mine. 

I think there is indeed wisdom in the words of this song. How better way to hear and feel God when you are far removed from anyone else and all distractions.

Psa 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

At least these are the times that I know I am closest to God and I feel his love the most.

I agree with this of course...Darren ...but I wrote what I wrote becaue too many people in the world think they are the center of the universe.
I did not say this lyric was untrue but only looked how it would best glorify God

I think people get hung up on the word and forget the spiritual significance behind the message.  THE STATEMENT IS I BELIEVE IN KARMA..... I will never confess those words
Why then the words of Christ?
Mat 7:12  So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. AMEN

Likewise the words of David in the 23rd Psalm:  "Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,..." [Psa 23:6] Goodness and Love, who would not want that? Goodness attracts goodness, love attracts love. God does NOT Promise Good Physical Things for Good Acts.
In fact all of the fruits of the Spirit will attract the same, just as Evil will attract evil. The Scriptures warn us of this.

Proverbs 4:14 Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evil men.
Proverbs 4:15 Avoid it, do not travel on it; turn from it and go on your way.

Beloved, of course bad things happen. But try smiling at a checkout girl/boy you will most likely receive a smile in return, what chance of a smile if you scowl? I very much believe that if one shows love and charity through an open, honest and loving heart, the same will be given in return. I have seen it over and over again
That can be carnal response. I was more interested in achieving AGAPE (love if you get spit at, smacked or cheated)

I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side Sure it is my neighbor always has their sprinklers on and I have never seen mine work.... Thous shall not covet.. those things belong to God anyway   
Hey I was just making a funny here ;D ;D My grass looks great...there is no fence ;D  The point was't  loss I agree with this lyric
Um, I think the point was totally lost here. On the other side of what? I do not think a fence is being referred too.

To me, these words are speaking of being envious and jealous of others, of what they might have that you do not. We all know that the material possessions of this world are only temporary. Do the Scriptures not teach us that God will provide for us, that He will give us what we need when we need?

Mat 6:30  Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, [shall he] not much more [clothe] you, O ye of little faith?
Luk 12:28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith?

Really, how much greener is the grass on the other side? What the words are saying to me, forget the other side and put all your trust in God.

WRONG  I am doing a huge study on this ....this is a partial truth wrapped around a huge lie

Beloved, unless you can read the mind of God, I would not be so quick to judge. Just for interest, did those who are neither physically 100% male or 100% female, choose to be this way. I think not, who would want that and who could decide that before birth. Granted, this is just a single aspect, but worthy of consideration

I already know that God chose their GENDER but....their own lusts chose their sexuality. There are seven things that go into determining a person's sex.
Believe me the topic of Sex is Big Mystery when you start to really study it.

I believe you missed the point Beloved. Monogamy = having only one spouse at a time. I know many marriages where neither the husband nor the wife trust the other, yet they are married but not happily. I would not want this, if my wife could not trust me, I would leave her, just as I would leave her if I could not trust her. Regardless if either of us was sleeping with another or not. What use is being married if there is no trust. I stand by these words. Trust must come first in any relationship

I didn't make my point clear MONOGAMY means ONE UNION When you are One totally.....toal trust is implied.  I am not in diasagreement of this lyric just confused by the language...
If trust is the Core of the Apple...then you need the rest of the apple Monogamy(skin and flesh) to make an APPLE whole.  (my thinking can be quirky sometimes ;D) mea culp mea culpa mea maxima culpa

Beloved  (I will post this and do the rest of the responce in next post)
             I am really getting color confused )
   ;D ;D ;D

YellowStone

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 05:20:24 PM »

Hi Beloved :)

I think it is clear that we are in agreement with most everything. I must commend you and thank you the way you handled your response. I am impressed :)

Much love to you in the name of the one who gave it.
Darren

Beloved

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 05:36:05 PM »

Rest of the questions

I am very surprised at your response, after all you agreed with putting your happiness in other peoples hands  Having lost many dear friends through death and moving around, I know well the hole that their being gone can leave in ones heart. You might call me self-centered, that is your choice, but do you or are you so completely at peace with yourself and God, that saying goodbye to a  loved one doesn't bring back countless memories of fun times and many conversations that were had over the years. I know for a fact that people such as these were a bigger part of me than I knew

My point is that when you think of them, you need to Rest in Christ that ...ALL things will be made New. I am not suggesting one does not feel sad when someone you love dies or leaves. But GOD HAS a PLAN. Everything God does is GOOD whether we see it or not in this life. I agree what this lyric says on the surface ...but I am also concerned where these feelings will go...back to self.

I believe that family is worth more than money or gold
Yes they are but not more important that Following Christ

Yes, but Christ was not mentioned. (Thats my point)  But then who can love and follow Christ with out first loving and providing material and spiritual necessities first. Many people in the world do thisMony or Gold will not appease God, but sharing the gifts given unto you with  your family will not go unnoticed. For it is what we as parents are instructed to do. Okay with this

I feel a hint of animosity here. Oh no Darren it is Complete Surrender to God's Will  :D :D  Remember what the song said about the grass not being greener on the other side
(The grass not be greener but it may be lush with no weeds, beautifully landscaped and managed totally by a lawn service  etc  so what? )  What did Jesus say to Peter "What is that to you?..You follow me"...after all  He waters the just and the unjust

Yep, I am definitely feeling it. Big business or just about any business wants you to spend more and more. Yet the words of this song has discounted this thinking twice.

1. I believe beauty (you said most) magazines promote low self esteem.
2. The grass is not greener on the other side.

The millionaires that own and run these big corporations and magazines do not believe this, and certainly do not want anyone else believing it either. There is truth behind these words Beloved

THERE IS TRUTH EVERYWHERE People LIke to USE Truth when they want to present other points... I am not saying that these words are necessarily untrue I am trying to discern the underlying and compare it with the scriptures. For example if you listen to DR Dwight on PBS right now he is promoting Tao Ching. He says a lot of true things that sound like spiritual dosctrine too.. even quotes scriptures. People are eating it up.  I hope you are not taking my impression to these lyrics as a inditement against you... Not at all...Far from it  IT is great that you are able to get peace and feel joy with true statements

What are you saying?
Are you even suggesting that one should not forgive. Who is fooled?

No Darren I totally agree with this lyric... its some of the others that I am having some trouble with.  Sometimes people will accept the whole because they here some words that they agree with

Mar 11:25  And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
I totally agree Forgiveness in All things is essential

Please forgive me Darren if I offended you with my writing. I thought you were looking for different prespectives.

I posted Psalm 107 also because as a song it depicts  that All the things that happen in this earthy exisitence are for the Glory of God. We need to experience, loss of loved ones, not being forgiven and being financially strapped etc. All is for the Glory of God.

Perhaps I picked too much at the lyrics...I was trying to look at things from another perspecitive than myself. I do not know God thoughts... they are deeper and higher than mine.

I posted to Peggy in the post with Psalm because the suffering topic closed.  Did I not respond to her when she posted something to me??? Where is it and I will. 

Love Peace Joy Mercy
Beloved         No more colors post for right now

YellowStone

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 08:06:54 PM »

Beloved, I have no problem with you or anthing that you wrote. I wanted honest comments and that is what you gave.

Thanks and Love to you in Christ,
Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.