bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing  (Read 4874 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing
« on: August 12, 2007, 10:59:17 AM »

Dear Ray,

No, I will not be offended at no reply.   I scanned your article on tithing, and wondered how you approach the scripture where Jesus said,

“Give to Caesar that which is Caesar’s, and to God that which is God’s.”

I will look on your Email and Replies website for your opinion!!

Thanks,

Lois Brough

Milford, Ontario, Canada

Dear Lois: This has nothing to do with tithing, of course.  They asked Jesus about paying taxes. Jesus asks for a coin that has Caesar's image on it (representing the power of the Roman Government). Jesus tells them to "render unto Caesar the things belong to Caesar."  What was it that Jesus was showing belonged to Caesar?  MONEY--TAXES!! And to render unto God the things that are God's--NOT money, NOT taxes, NOT government  of men over men, etc.

Mat 20:25-26-- But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.  But, it SHALL NOT BE SO AMONG YOU...."

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.