bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A SPECIAL POEM  (Read 4050 times)

rick

A SPECIAL POEM
« on: August 12, 2007, 05:54:59 PM »

SPECIAL POEM FOR SENIOR CITIZENS!!!

A row of bottles on my shelf
Caused me to analyze myself.
One yellow pill I have to pop
Goes to my heart so it won't stop.
A  little white one that I take
Goes to my hands so they won't shake.
The blue ones that I use a lot
Tell me I'm happy when I'm not.
The purple pill goes to my brain
And tells me that I have no pain.
The capsules tell me not to wheeze
Or  cough or choke or even sneeze.
The red ones, smallest of them all
Go  to my blood so I won't fall.
The orange ones, very big and brightPrevent my leg cramps in the night.
Such an array of brilliant pills
Helping to cure all kinds of ills.
But what I'd really like to know...........
Is what tells each one where to go!

There's always a lot to be thankful for if
you take time to look for it. For example
I am sitting here thinking how nice it is
that wrinkles, baldness or grey hair don't hurt...

Beloved

Re: A SPECIAL POEM
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 06:26:04 PM »

Love it rick

We call the the Brown Bag Syndrome.
People come in with their brown bags full of pill bottles.

The problem is that many of these pills and certain food are processed by your liver... when they are processed they change the way the liver works.
By changing the liver ...then when another drug comes along.. they are metabolized more slowly or more quickly.

If their metabolism is slowed down then the level of the drug in the person goes up and they can get toxic . If metabolized too fast then the level is too low and it doesn't do its job.

It is so funny but many people think that they are being treated properly unless they are given pills. It is no wonder why so many people die from drug interactions.

In addition each person has an unique chemical makeup, they will metabolize and digest things very differtly than others.

Everything you put into your body has an effect not only on one area of the body but often in multiple places in the body.

There is no one on earth including computers that can keep tract of all these interactions. 

:o  SCARY THOUGHT isn it    :o

As a physician I worry about this a lot. I hate prescribing certain drugs for this reason.

The human body is truely a miraculous structure. God made it to function Man has been messing with it since the garden. It started with the botanicals... "apple" and "fig leafs"that eventually led to even deadlier pharmaceuticals and contaminated food supplies and water.

Beloved 

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 07:05:33 PM »

For me, it is not the red pill or the orange pill that holds the keys to extend life per se. Our health can be improved with correct medication that is not in dispute.  The illusion is that WE can add to the number of our days through correct medication or diet or healthy living habits. This is not said to knock health care but more to point to the reality that no one can add a day to their lives.

The appearance that we can or do through our choices is but another figment of our imagined free will! We are caused to live correctly or not and either way, our days are numbered.

Rev 1 : 18 I am the Everliving One. I died, but see, I am alive forevermore; and I possess the keys of death and Hades.

When HE says, it is time to go....when He withdraws His Spirit....non can resist. This is not to say we should not desire or aim to live appropriately, healthily or in good conscience letting our lives be an example to others. It is just to say, He is in charge of us all. The living and the dying.

Psalms 139:16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days of my life were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 07:07:50 PM by Arcturus »

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 07:33:44 PM »

Psalms 139:16
Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days of my life were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them

The funny thing is that most people of the world do not want to see the last page. A whole field of anti-aging medicine has developed to try and turn back the pages.  :D

Ecc 1:2  Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

We humans sure are funny silly creatures... back when I was in Baylon and thought of being in heaven.. there was not going to be any disease or death there so I wondered what I would be doing... I settled on being a shoemaker. Now I realize there will be no need for shoes either.  ;D

I think the most important thing that we can do is ....be good stewards of what God has given to us. Pray for His will to be done and use what ever good thing that is presented to us to remedy the shortcoming.

Beloved

musicman

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 11:08:41 PM »

Hey Rick.  Bald heads do cause pain, especially in the Miami Sun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.