bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Here's a verse ...  (Read 9788 times)

SandyFla

Here's a verse ...
« on: August 12, 2007, 09:01:18 PM »

... I came across today:

"I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it ..." (Ecclesiastes 3:14).

What this says to me is, the salvation of the world is secure.

a) We can't add anything to it - there is nothing we can do to deserve or merit salvation.

b) We also can't take away from it - there is nothing we can do to prevent all from being saved.

It's that simple! :)

Sandy

YellowStone

Re: Here's a verse ...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 09:37:50 PM »

Hi Sandy,

This ties in perfectly with the response I gave in the "Living as a Believer" thread. How carnal it is to live in fear when we know that God has our "spiritual" interest at heart.

Surely we can walk in the valley of the shadow of death (this world) and fear no evil, knowing that He is with us always, as well as knowing that this life is but a shadow of the life to come. God does not ask much of us and it is my understanding, it all can be encapsulated in one word: Trust.

For Trust is the key, it is the gift of His Spirit and with Trust we can become bearers of its fruit. Those being:

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Yes it is THAT SIMPLE!!!!  :)

Great post Sandy, our God is Everything!

Love,
Darren

gmik

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 09:42:25 PM »

Hi Sandy, how is the job situation going.  Missed ya around here.

Sandy & Darren-nice to sit down at the computer after a busy day and contemplate some beautiful promises. I just this afternoon recommended Ecc. to someone to read.

and after a weekend w/ relatives I needed Gal. 5 stamped on my forehead.(on the inside I mean for my brain to see it!)

Jackie Lee

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 09:56:52 PM »

I have been missing Sandy also, not that she knows who I am since I post very little.
 I miss when someone is not around here much after getting to know them through posts.

gmik

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 10:13:21 PM »

jACKIE, I do too!

Those that just read, please say hi once in awhile!!!!!! :D

Those tht ask for prayer requests, please let us know occassionally how things are going.

I have said this before, but you all are my church family and I miss your fellowship when you leave--even when you are on vacation or something I think Oh no, they left!!! :D

You all should know me by now and I'm just teasing!!!!(still true tho)

rick

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 10:18:27 PM »

... I came across today:

"I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it ..." (Ecclesiastes 3:14).

What this says to me is, the salvation of the world is secure.

a) We can't add anything to it - there is nothing we can do to deserve or merit salvation.

b) We also can't take away from it - there is nothing we can do to prevent all from being saved.

It's that simple! :)

Sandy

AND THUS COMES THE PEACE THAT PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING.........RICK

GODSown1

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 11:33:40 PM »

wow!! LOVE IT,
          I 2 was just telln a very very gud mate of mine the very thing lastnight, Praise GOD!.
          muchLOVE!! Pera

okjohnson

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 01:27:23 PM »

For God to save all , is the only way God can be glorified.

Psa 86:9  All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.

okjohnson

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 01:33:19 PM »

Well, my last post didn't make any sense.
I said "For God to save all , is the only way God can be glorified."

and meant "For God to save all , is the only way God can be glorified by all."

Psa 86:9  All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.

Oh well.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 01:47:50 PM »

Hi Orlando,

A very uplifting (and true) observation!

I also love this question God asks in regard to Abraham's Promise (from God);

Gen 18:17  And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;

Gen 18:18  Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?

The salvation of all nations being spoken of right here in Genesis and also that God has hidden this "secret" for a time, even to Abraham.

Great topic Sandy, very good contributions everyone,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 09:17:12 PM »

This thread has the potential to be a real keeper, one some might want to save and print, here is another verse to add;

Gen 26:4  And I will make  thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

Here is another one from Genesis;

Gen 28:14  And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

Why stop now? Here is another Promise in Genesis;

Gen 32:12  And thou saidst, I will surely do thee good, and make thy seed as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered for multitude.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

ciy

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 09:34:30 PM »

Here is a cheerful promise that I have used a lot in certain times. 

When the child of promise was finally born to Sarah and his name was Isaac which means laughter or he laughs, Sarah made this great promise in Genesis 21:6
And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me.

Good thread.
CIY

hillsbororiver

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 09:49:57 PM »

Hi ciy,

We have an awesome God don't we? I also love the nuggets of humor and how He shows the priceless things of this journey reveal his charactor.

Just a few of the priceless things....

The ability to laugh and see humor or irony in difficult situations.

The trust of a child.

The purring of a kitten on your lap.

A puppy sneaking up and licking your face.

The smile of a stranger at just the right moment.

The happiness we can provide (to ourselves and others) when we do a random act of kindness.......

His Peace to you,

Joe

skydreamers

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 02:38:52 AM »

Acts 2:17
And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh...

Luke 3:6
and all flesh shall see the salvation of God

Isaiah 40:5
And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together, for the mouth of the LORD has spoken.

Isaiah 49:26
all flesh shall know that I am the LORD your Savior, and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob

Isaiah 66:23
all flesh shall come to worship before me, declares the LORD

Jeremiah 32:27
Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me?

Peace,
Diana

gmik

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 02:43:36 AM »

ALL FLESH........very simple and to the point.

I can't believe that when I saw those scriptures before BT I would read..."all flesh(those who are saved).."  Really that is what I thought!

Great scriptures!

Thanks Diana.

DuluthGA

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 02:52:10 AM »

ZOWIE!!  Great verses!  THANKS DIANA~

So very good you had a good holiday... and so very good to have you back!!

Happy happy,  :)
Janice
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 02:58:31 AM by DuluthGA »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 10:20:25 AM »

Great stuff Diana!

Perhaps Bambam can present some of these verses to her husband and just leave it at that, not even say a word, let His Word speak for itself.

Here are some more;

2Sa 14:14  For we must needs die, and are as water spilt on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again; neither doth God respect any person: yet doth he devise means, that his banished be not expelled from him.

See this? He has devised means so "His banished" not be expelled from Him. Any sense of separation is temporary.

1Ki 8:60  That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.

Psa 106:48  Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the LORD.

This fits in nicely with;

Act 2:21  And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

His Peace to you,

Joe

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:34:52 AM by hillsbororiver »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 10:46:32 AM »

Great stuff Diana!

Perhaps Bambam can present some of these verses to her husband and just leave it at that, not even say a word, let His Word speak for itself.

Here are some more;

2Sa 14:14  For we must needs die, and are as water spilt on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again; neither doth God respect any person: yet doth he devise means, that his banished be not expelled from him.

See this? He has devised means so "His banished" not be expelled from Him. Any sense of separation is temporary.

1Ki 8:60  That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.

Psa 106:48  Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the LORD.

This fits in nicely with;

Act 2:21  And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

His Peace to you,

Joe

A little adendum here, do not let the "whosoever" in Acts 2:21 throw you off stride, take a look at the Greek root.

Whosoever3956

G3956
πᾶς
pas
pas
Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole: - all (manner of, means) alway (-s), any (one), X daily, + ever, every (one, way), as many as, + no (-thing), X throughly, whatsoever, whole, whosoever.

Peace,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 07:25:55 PM »

This has been an interesting perhaps revealing thread, more so for what has not been posted.......

Hos 2:23  And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

SandyFla

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 12:00:07 AM »

Hi Sandy, how is the job situation going.  Missed ya around here.

I'm still out of a job. I look at this as God's way of getting me into some other line of work. Someone loaned me a book about using your talents combined with what you're passionate about, but for me, that would be hard to do. I play lots of instruments and can sing pretty well. I was selected as one of 3 soloists out of hundreds of entries for the Gospel Sing at Cypress Gardens a few years ago. Not bragging, just stating a fact. I've had no vocal training and recognize that I would have no vocal ability if God hadn't given it to me. I'm also passionate about animals. So I don't know if I should try my hand at a musical career or do something with animals. Either way, it would be a career choice that I would love.

Gee, it's nice to know I've been missed.

Jackie Lee - Although, as you said, you don't post too often, I DO know your name! :)

Sandy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.