bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 5755 times)

roundbellygroove

Howdy
« on: August 13, 2007, 04:37:55 AM »

Howdy, My name is Noel and I live in cental Texas. Im a husband, a father and a pretty good musican. My occupation is in apartment maintance. Im a newbie to this forum and Im excited to be able to participate. This is pretty much it for now, just wanted to say hello to everyone.

God Bless,
noel

Sue Creamer

Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 09:20:21 AM »

Hi Noel,

Welcome.  I am pretty much a newbie also, I live in Maryland.  I love music, I sing and write songs..
I fiddle around with a guitar, can't say I am very good at it.  What instruments do you play???

Sue Ann

Kat

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 10:46:19 AM »

Hi Noel,

I'm glad that you have joined us  :)
There must be a good reason that a lot people musically inclined come here.  Maybe that is a special gift God likes in a lot His chosen.  Well I have never felt of myself as such.
I hope you will join in the fellowship, there are so many nice people here.  A lot of seek out each other, because we have no others to discuss this truth with in our area.
Ask questions or share what you are having revealed at BT, I'm sure you will get some good responses.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

iris

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 11:24:24 AM »

Peace and Love
Iris

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 01:43:20 PM »

Welcome Noel

Hope you can join in.

The Kingdom of God is truely at hand

Beloved     

skydreamers

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 01:52:34 PM »

SixFour

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 03:27:49 PM »

Welcome Noel!

I am a husband, father, and musician also. I don't get to play and record as much as I'd like to due to the first two things I am.  :D

James

roundbellygroove

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 04:18:42 PM »

Hey Ya'll,
Thanks for the warm welcome. ;D Sua Ann... Not to bring attention to myself, but Im the musican that all other musicans hate!!! lol. Having said that my primary instuments are drums, guitar, and bass. I have secondary instuments like purcussion,keyboard, and live/studio enginnering. Other than that the Father has willed for me to partner up with a fantasic guitarplayer/producer to start a private recording studio soon. So Im pretty excited about that. I don't have any current projects to direct you to. Ive been a studio musician for the last couple of years for random local artists. Nothing to write home to mom about, but the extra cash helps from time to time.

SixFour, I know what you mean by "I don't get to play and record as much as I'd like to due to the first two things I am."  I am so blessed that before my wife married me she new what she was getting into(kind of :D). Currently Im not in any kind of band but I love playing at the church I attend. For the past 15 years I have been trying to find the "right combination" of musicans to make music and could never find it. Then one day(when I have already given up)the Lord leads me to a group of worshipers that were at my level of playing. Since then it has been one great event after another. So dont ever give up the Lord has given you that gift for a reason.

Beloved, you are so right The Kindom of God is truely at hand. Everytime that comes to mind, something inside me jumps. Thanks for words.

Iris,Kat, and skydreamers thanks for the welcome. Hope to chat some more soon but I may not be on for another week or so. I work for a student based apt complex. So Im busy trying to get everything ready before the semester begins.

later,
noel.

dawnnnny

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 05:43:48 PM »

Hi Noel!

Welcome to the forum.  I've only been here a few days.  You're going to love it!

Dawn

rick

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 06:05:54 PM »

welcome aboard Noel. hang on, you are in for a ride

gmik

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 02:39:38 AM »

Welcome Noel.  Seems to be a few on the forum from your area.

Don't be away too long tho! :D I know you are busy at this time, my son moves into U of M housing this weekend.

Sue Creamer

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 08:37:58 AM »

Noel,

You said:

Not to bring attention to myself, but Im the musican that all other musicans hate!!! lol. Having said that my primary instuments are drums, guitar, and bass. I have secondary instuments like purcussion,keyboard, and live/studio enginnering. Other than that the Father has willed for me to partner up with a fantasic guitarplayer/producer to start a private recording studio soon. So Im pretty excited about that. I don't have any current projects to direct you to. Ive been a studio musician for the last couple of years for random local artists. Nothing to write home to mom about, but the extra cash helps from time to time.

I am afraid that my level of "talent" is so tiny compared to what God has given you.  Wow, I am bedazzled by all those instruments you play and hope to hear you play them someday.  My husband is
not musically inclined (he is a radio engineer) but we have our own in house state of the art radio/recording studio which we hope to put to good use someday.  He has a collection of music from the 1950's to the 1980's.  I really don't care if we ever go live....!  It is so fun.

Thanks for sharing..
Sue Ann

LittleBear

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 10:11:39 PM »

Hi Noel

Welcome. Maybe we'll all get to hear your music one day. That would be cool!

Ursula

DuluthGA

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 10:34:47 PM »

C'MON IN!  :P
Janice

pylady

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 10:39:23 PM »

Hi Noel,

Glad you found us!  Don't stay away too long.

With Christian love,

Cindy  :)

pilgrim

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 03:07:54 AM »

Howdy Tex...

I'm new here too. We came to the right place!
God taught me music in my fifties on an electronic organ.
I loved the lifestyle in Texas and Oklahoma. Spent some time at Gary Air Force Base in San Marcos in Army Aviation training and later Dallas-Fort Worth Airport...flight training with Eastern airlines.
I can't get enough of Country Western music...I became addicted to it in good old Texas.

Welcome...Welcome...
God is at work here at Bible-Truths...

Pilgrim
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 03:11:24 AM by pilgrim »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2007, 10:18:27 AM »

Hello Noel

It is a precious gift to be able to play music.

Ehp 5:19 Speak out to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs offering praise with voices and instruments and making melody with all your heart to the Lord.

Many posts here do just that. Many posts if not all, are written with all heart that touch other hearts here and resonate in tears of joy or pure emotion drawing us deeper into the presence of our Lord. It is music that you have been drawn to this family.

Welcome to the Forum!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 10:20:05 AM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 17 queries.